Jump to content
Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Recommended Posts

Just now, PV1973 said:

So even if you block someone you still see their posts when they’re quoted. Any way around that admin?

 

if anyone watched that game today and thought it was the same as last season then I really must be watching something different. We have energy and a gameplan. 

Agreed.  For the first time since Page was in charge you can see what we are trying to do.  

With regards to Manny, is he over doing the weight training? He seems a very big unit and I just wonder if he is so injury prone because he is weight training too heavily?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t get the criticism of Pope. Thought he was great second half although my man of the match was Worrall. Always looked a threat. Overall, good performance which should have won 3 points and normally would have. All officials absolutely awful!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed that thought we deserved win .

Legge should have had two by his name this evening .

Worrall ball delivery and whole performance a 8 .

Conlon was everywhere 8

Joyce 8 thought was he did was very good and always involved.

Amoo he gives us something else a 8 also plenty of excellence about him .

There was so many positives .

There goal a bit naff but we were docile around the end of the half and start of second half but once we got into a rhythm we made so many good passes and moves it was very enjoyable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aspin for england said:

45th minute again, didn’t actually think it was a corner.

Not surprised not many ppl thought it was a corner. He was a non lge ref last season!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought we were ok. First half was a really poor watch with neither side looking remotely decent. Second half much better, before the game thought we should have started with a front two and I still think it. Pope was far too isolated for me. We deserved the win against a side apparently due for promotion, can’t see that myself and looking at today alone both will be mid table ish. 

Think the ref got it wrong for the corner but don’t agree with those saying Northampton are always like that. Never seen them play like that before. 

Decent enough point but think we missed out on 2 there. Still think we’re lacking options to come on and actually change the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Agreed.  For the first time since Page was in charge you can see what we are trying to do.  

With regards to Manny, is he over doing the weight training? He seems a very big unit and I just wonder if he is so injury prone because he is weight training too heavily?

Hate Bruno or not there was a clear style there so don’t agree with this comment. Shame about manny we will miss him massively as usual. Hence why all pre season I have been desperate for us to add another midfielder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to go in the RS handed over my ST but it wouldn’t scan.The guy there told me I had 2 options.I could go to the ticket office and get a replacement or they would sort out a replacement card for me.He had my ST card and then put it on top of a pile of cards.

Anyone know when a replacement ST can be expected?Will it be sent out in the post or will the replacement need to be collected in person from the ticket office?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Thought we were ok. First half was a really poor watch with neither side looking remotely decent. Second half much better, before the game thought we should have started with a front two and I still think it. Pope was far too isolated for me. We deserved the win against a side apparently due for promotion, can’t see that myself and looking at today alone both will be mid table ish. 

Think the ref got it wrong for the corner but don’t agree with those saying Northampton are always like that. Never seen them play like that before. 

Decent enough point but think we missed out on 2 there. Still think we’re lacking options to come on and actually change the game. 

We never let the expensive midfield they've acquired really get hold of the game. Apart from 15 minutes before half time I thought we looked the better side. When Oyeleke went off Cullen was generally quite deep and we looked more 4 2 3 1 than 4 4 2.  Seemed to work quite well as we kept a choke hold on their midfield and got more support for Pope. Their older players may well have tired but we didn't fold when Oyeleke went off, which we tended to last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not read through the whole thread, so apologies if my comments have already been made, overall I was pleased with the performance today, a couple of appalling decisions by the referee, not much between the teams in the first have but we certainly turned it up for the second, Gibbo and Worral (man of the match for me) seemed to be linking up very well, Amoo has a decent touch and good turn of pace, although he seemed to fade in the last 15, Manny was putting in a decent shift despite coming in for a lot of physical attention, I was a bit frustrated by Conlon, I was he seemed to want to take an extra touch when he was In a good position instead of taking the shot, Popey led the line well and was unlucky with a couple of headers, good mention of Leggy who performed well against there big number 9 and almost scored with the header in the second half.....Scott Brown does what Scott Brown does...certainly kept us in the game in the second half.

positive signs..... it is going to take a couple of seasons to turn the club around, it’s early days, but I feel we are on the right track....UTV

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Still think we’re lacking options to come on and actually change the game. 

As will be the case for most other League Two sides to be fair. Out of the 7 you'll be lucky to have two decent players you can bring on that might make a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Another shropshire valiant said:

Not read through the whole thread, so apologies if my comments have already been made, overall I was pleased with the performance today, a couple of appalling decisions by the referee, not much between the teams in the first have but we certainly turned it up for the second, Gibbo and Worral (man of the match for me) seemed to be linking up very well, Amoo has a decent touch and good turn of pace, although he seemed to fade in the last 15, Manny was putting in a decent shift despite coming in for a lot of physical attention, I was a bit frustrated by Conlon, I was he seemed to want to take an extra touch when he was In a good position instead of taking the shot, Popey led the line well and was unlucky with a couple of headers, good mention of Leggy who performed well against there big number 9 and almost scored with the header in the second half.....Scott Brown does what Scott Brown does...certainly kept us in the game in the second half.

positive signs..... it is going to take a couple of seasons to turn the club around, it’s early days, but I feel we are on the right track....UTV

We battered them for large parts of the second half so how did Brown keep is in the game? :laugh:

He made one or two good saves granted, but you make it sound like they were the ones that were all over us.

Edited by TylerB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Another shropshire valiant said:

I was in the Bycars, the ball was fired across the goal and their big number 9 missed it by inches, should have buried it to be honest, no Vale player touched the ball, never a corner...

I can forgive a ref if he doesn’t see something that has happened. I can’t forgive a ref when he sees something that hasn’t happened. The guy was a joke. That was his first League game - unfortunately it probably won’t be his last. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keith Curles comment on their goal:

 

"For our goal, we identified the player marking Ryan Watson and we thought that would give us an opportunity and so it proved. Ryan showed a great understanding of where he needed to be and he finished it well.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:

#newera #nothingschanged

Another one to pop on the ignore list. 

I have finally realised it’s far nicer reading this forum when you block people who know absolutely nothing about football or what’s going on at the club!

bye bye

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
#newera #nothingschanged

I’ll expand on this now Beef Curtain has blocked me. We’ve huffed and puffed to yet another failure to win at home with all but Amoo in the starting eleven than last season. If you don’t like pastry, you’ll starve should you like anything to eat. Add to that my season ticket failed to work and was revoked.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

So even if you block someone you still see their posts when they’re quoted. Any way around that admin?

 

if anyone watched that game today and thought it was the same as last season then I really must be watching something different. We have energy and a gameplan. 

No we still leave Pope isolated up front to pick up scraps against their two centre halves.If the midfield is pushed back we still struggle to support him.

Cant see where the goals are coming from especially if Manny is injured again.

We have no plan B.

Thank Brown for keeping us in the match.

When Cullen came on he seemed to be in midfield.

If Manny is out drop Worrall back and play Cullen up front to try to feed off Pope.

Considering we were at home very negative tactics and team selection.

 

Edited by Erniemossrules
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Another one to pop on the ignore list. 

I have finally realised it’s far nicer reading this forum when you block people who know absolutely nothing about football or what’s going on at the club!

bye bye

Wonder if you actually manage to read any comments with such a big ignore list you snowflake.

Edited by Erniemossrules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Another one to pop on the ignore list. 

I have finally realised it’s far nicer reading this forum when you block people who know absolutely nothing about football or what’s going on at the club!

bye bye

Obviously you are a football expert and should replace Gary Lineker on match of the day to save us 1.8 million.

Leave the rest of us to have a logical discussion Iron Cuntain.

Edited by Erniemossrules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy