Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

17 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Nothing worse than windy conditions to ruin a game. Hopefully we can play our own football.

Same for both sides, work hard and hoppully the ball will bounce in our favour, keep believing keep cheering, let's help our players confidence bloom. 

Online tickets now available. I had a word at 11.30am today when I realised it was down (rather than moaning about it on OVF) and they sorted it out within 8 minutes.
You're all welcome.

Good lad Bobby, that’s exciting the spirit

30 minutes ago, bycarspete said:

Same for both sides, work hard and hoppully the ball will bounce in our favour, keep believing keep cheering, let's help our players confidence bloom. 

Or instead of hoping for a lucky bounce we could try keeping the ball on the deck....

• Like 1

Anyway, I am looking forward to watching the team.

I am a little sceptical that we have not really improved much from last season and I know there are a load of reasons for that but Ibam hoping that the improved atmosphere and culture at the club will carry us forward towards an upwards trajectory.  It's certainly the first season for a long time where I am looking forward to the opening home game so that's already a step in the right direction.

The manager has talked about tempo and work rate.  A win would be excellent but I would like to see the managers words play out on the pitch because then we can all get behind it and hopefully watch us progress.

30 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Anybody know who the ref is? He looks suspiciously like the ref who awarded a penalty against Mitch Clark for that overhead clearance last season!

David Rock

Half time switch off again.  Ref mistake and players mistakes spoils a great first half.

Come on Vale in the 2nd half - game to win, as they don't seem to be that great a team with all the spending they have done.

Nothing to write home about so far. Like the high pressing but I've said it before and I'll say it again - playing pope is like playing with 10 men. No mobility, no pace, very rarely wins a header and when he does it just pings off his bonce with no direction at all. Exactly the same issues as last season and the one before. Common denominator is Pope