onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Despite them being around for a few months, many won't have been to the friendlies or even seen them in person before so it's not a bad idea really. We'd do the same with a manager so why not!

I agree lets hope their buying the club is recognised by introducing them to the crowd and not by standing on the bye line but by walking to the middle of the pitch us peasents in the Railway stand cant make out whats going on half the time when theres a presentation so lets give them the welcome they deserve.

Carol has said she will miss the "Super Vale Away " Chant sitting in the directors box so lets give them a rousing rendition.

Advert

On 04/08/2019 at 12:38, valiant_593 said:

I’d imagine we will go with the same 11. 

For me at home I would play Cullen over Joyce and go 442, wouldn’t be looking to bring bennet on as a winger either, either up top or not at all. 

Brown 

gibbons 

legge

smith

crookes

Worrall

manny 

conlon

amoo

cullen

pope

What is the obsession with 4-4-2 at home? Askey will play his favoured and worked on 4-3-3 formation and rightly so. 

Also, it's not one up front, it's three up front with Oyeleke linking it all up. Effective and well drilled in my opinion.

What is the obsession with 4-4-2 at home? Askey will play his favoured and worked on 4-3-3 formation and rightly so. 
Also, it's not one up front, it's three up front with Oyeleke linking it all up. Effective and well drilled in my opinion.

Agreed 4-4-2 is one of the most outdated systems in this day and age. Almost guaranteed to get overrun in midfield.

13 hours ago, blackdog said:

I don't usually believe in over hyping situations, but I would love Kevin and Carol to be introduced  to the home support before the game,just so we can have the chance to show them our appreciation.

#newera.

As long as she doesn't grab the mike and do a Delia .

I wonder if Norman Collier is still doing the announcements ? 

10 hours ago, Rudge's Flat Cap said:

Just don’t think Joyce is needed at home. At home I want us to take the game to the opposition so two up top (and I’d say two of our better players) are a must for me. Happy for us to set up 433 as long as it is 433 not 451. I still don’t see it as 3 up front. It looked to me at Colchester that worral and amoo were very wide so two wingers and a forward. 

31 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Just don’t think Joyce is needed at home. At home I want us to take the game to the opposition so two up top (and I’d say two of our better players) are a must for me. Happy for us to set up 433 as long as it is 433 not 451. I still don’t see it as 3 up front. It looked to me at Colchester that worral and amoo were very wide so two wingers and a forward. 

You only have to look at what Colchester  did to overrun us in midfield as the first half wore on, and it shows that with even less bodies in there that the same could happen again if we played with 2 up top. 

In that formation on Saturday when we were on top we had worrall and Gibbo getting joy down the right, Crookes and Amoo linking  up well down the left, Manny driving from midfield and Conlon picking up the bits with Joyce sitting. It can work in an attacking sense, people just see the fact that Pope is the lone striker and think it’s negative, but when it works it’s not a negative formation. It was when Aspin played it because he didn’t allow players the same freedom.

12 hours ago, Rudge's Flat Cap said:

The dinosaurs love a 4-4-2!

It's not 1995 anymore guys!

1 hour ago, PureVale said:

Not sure how we'll manage a bums on seats bumper gate when fans still cant buy tickets online on the vale ticket site

Also ticket office not answering emails on the issue

I will more than a little peeved if I have to pay the £2 pay on the day extra price when you can't buy online

Maybe the club read the outpouring of backwardness on the 'No cash at Colchester' thread and thought it best to bin the online ticketing system because it'd be too much for our prehistoric fanbase.

On a serious note, I hope this is sorted by the weekend. Carol has spoken a lot about 'the North of the city' being our territory and I applaud the sentiment and ambition of that statement, but there's a large number of people who go to watch Port Vale and want to spend lots of money at Port Vale who live absolutely nowhere near 'the North of the City' or Stoke-On-Trent at all. We need to look after those people, too.

Archived