Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Sloppy last ten minutes threw away all the good work. Didn't look like a corner to me, the ref and Lorne St liner are (family site) suboptimal.

Lardies will be taking over praise and grumble tonight and their first call will no doubt be for the sacking of their manager after 2 games this season.  Oh what joy to be a Vale fan.  😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Manny off - not been in the match much. 

I wish Joyce had been in the match less. Not vintage Manny though. Hope he is not injured. 

Edited by toyahw

Just now, toyahw said:

I wish Joyce had been the match less. Hope Manny is not injured. 

That is the one thing you worry about Manny, so talented but seems a bit prone to injury. 

Just hope it was one of those games where he was marked out of the game and could not show his talent.

Cracking comment - think the ref is using sonar, as he is not using his eyes.  Best comment of the day.

Come on Vale get that goal you deserve.

One team tried to play and deserved to win. The other just played to get set pieces and  launch an aerial assault, ably assisted by a linesman and the referee. Disappointed, we have to stop switching off for periods. But at least we didn't lose, which with that ref was something of an achievement.

Good performance by Vale in difficult conditions. Agree with Phil Sproson that they were lucky to finish the game with 11 men and the officials weer awful, the tackle by the center back on Conlon could have ended his season.

Amoo is an exciting player, he's gonna attract supporters.

MOM for me was Leon Legge, immense in that wind.

The Stokies are going at it already. Nathan Jones you won't last too long......lol

My MOTM would have been Amoooooo. Much better than last week. A few bits of bad decision making but looked dangerous. Which is what we want to see. No finer way to spend a Saturday tea time than listening to the lardies in meltdown. Already in a relegation battle apparently... let us hope.

Edited by toyahw

There seems to be a great partnership developing down the left with Crooks and amoo. First half pretty average second half brilliant should have won 3-1