Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

4 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

The liner on the railway side was never in line

Is that in line with the player or with the ball ? Which method were the officials using ?

27 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

No we still leave Pope isolated up front to pick up scraps against their two centre halves.If the midfield is pushed back we still struggle to support him.

Cant see where the goals are coming from especially if Manny is injured again.

We have no plan B.

Thank Brown for keeping us in the match.

When Cullen came on he seemed to be in midfield.

If Manny is out drop Worrall back and play Cullen up front to try to feed off Pope.

Considering we were at home very negative tactics and team selection.

Using your usual logic, if Northampton hadn’t scored we would have won. 

Only difference was Amoo for Monty played out of position. He should be next to Pope who whomever.

If we have signed so many players why not try a few? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, princesslear said:

Not surprised not many ppl thought it was a corner. He was a non lge ref last season!!

And a non league quality ref this year - shocking, quite a few totally logic defying decisions today.  Enjoyed the game though - can't remember enjoying many last season. Several good chances to win it - why oh why we didn't shoot on 3 or 4 occasions i will never understand. A lot of good performances and no bad ones (imo)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:

#newera #nothingschanged

Undefeated after playing two sides who will more than likely finish in the top 10, possibly the top 6, and only conceeding two goals in the two games. I'd say that's quite a change.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Using your usual logic, if Northampton hadn’t scored we would have won. 

I would advise you to ignore the publicity seeker.  Responding to him just makes him spout more of his drivel. If everyone ignored him he'd move to The Oatcake.

I would advise you to ignore the publicity seeker.  Responding to him just makes him spout more of his drivel. If everyone ignored him he'd move to The Oatcake.

I would definitely say Ernie is a massive WUM since he is moaning about two draws against decent teams in this league. Admin should do the decent thing and stop him from ruining every single thread with the same old rubbish!

3 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

I would definitely say Ernie is a massive WUM since he is moaning about two draws against decent teams in this league. Admin should do the decent thing and stop him from ruining every single thread with the same old rubbish!

And while they're at it find a way to stop us reading his drivel when it's being quoted in another post - after you've gone to the trouble of blocking him.

Edited by Heatwave
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Shame about manny we will miss him massively as usual. Hence why all pre season I have been desperate for us to add another midfielder. 

Yeah. It's a shame about Manny, he does a job Conlon and Joyce can't do.  He is a big unit, but he's had a decent pre-season but still can't last. There is a real player there, but if he can't keep fit what can you do? He looked tentative today even before he went off. Like he was expecting something to go. A real shame. But not unexpected really.

5 hours ago, Another shropshire valiant said:

I was a bit frustrated by Conlon, I was he seemed to want to take an extra touch when he was In a good position 

I thought he had one of his better games. But he is one of the most one footed players (left) I have ever seen. Has to get everything onto his left foot.

Yeah. It's a shame about Manny, he does a job Conlon and Joyce can't do.  He is a big unit, but he's had a decent pre-season but still can't last. There is a real player there, but if he can't keep fit what can you do? He looked tentative today even before he went off. Like he was expecting something to go. A real shame. But not unexpected really.
He didn't look in that much trouble when he went off. Hopefully it's not to serious

7 hours ago, TylerB said:

Undefeated after playing two sides who will more than likely finish in the top 10, possibly the top 6, and only conceeding two goals in the two games. I'd say that's quite a change.

And looking like we can be a threat too. Plus we have a gameplan as well. We’re definitely looking better than this time last year, especially down the flanks where whatever training ground work we are doing with our wingers and fullbacks looks to be working. There are loads more positives to take than negatives. 

Edited by PV1973

9 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

Only difference was Amoo for Monty played out of position. He should be next to Pope who whomever.

If we have signed so many players why not try a few? 

Not sure they’re good enough. As expected only amoo and Cullen seem first team material. I’d give a few of them a go in the cup to see if they are good enough 

Good grief there are some right negative posters on here! For heaven sake give the new owners a chance! Anyway my take on the game which was my first for sometime just trying to help the new owners get up and running. I felt the atmosphere at the club was good and a decent crowd. I think we were a little unlucky not to take all three points, but we look a decent well organised side lots of positives for me. Manny looked a bit off the pace not surprised he was subbed, I think we need to have a bit of shooting practice ! Don’t pull the trigger enough for me ! Said to the fellow sitting next to me Constantine never ever burst the net just got shots on target quickly at every opportunity. I do think we lack a little quality to challenge at the top , but if we dan find a few more goals we will do ok   

• Like 1

Decent performance overall but we lacked movement up front .Considering the swirling wind I think we should have kept the ball on the ground a bit more.Pope was occupying 2 defenders which should have created more space for others.Amoo is our potential matchwinner. Crossing 5/10,must do better.I think Gibbons will be targeted by opposition managers.UTV.