onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Post match interview / Loan players

butt lane vale fan

It’s completely unrealistic to think that blooding the majority of those loans will work straight away. You only have to look at recent history to see how many young players have succeeded or not. I see calls for Elliott because he’s got pace, but he’s done nothing else that would lead me to think he's the answer, I would say he’s looked nowhere near ready yet. Yesterday was very telling about Elliott that within a week Askey dropped him and reinstated Turner. Not that I’m saying Turner is the answer either.

Howkins is another one who’s hardly played since he left us last season so again he needs to get up to speed too. In an ideal situation we’d be fielding these lads gradually, but in this situation it’s a huge gamble and on one hand I can see why a manager may be unwilling to experiment with them. The players I’m more concerned about are the ones who should be changing games for us, Worrall, Whitfield, montano, Miller and trying to get them in and firing.

Advert

Why do we keep sending Dior Angus out on loan only to watch him score goals for every club he's been loaned to,(another goal yesterday!) yet not be prepared to play him in a Vale shirt? God knows, we've only scored 27 goals in 32 games and Dior has been banging them home for all the other clubs he's been out to--mind boggling or what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think we'll see him again in a Vale shirt either as his contract is up at the end of the season, isn't it - so surely he'll move elsewhere, and we'll get nowt as he's over 24.

We as supporters need to get involved and fully behind the protests against NS.

The issue in our club is not the managers, it is the lack of investment in the required quality (not quantity) of players in the first team.

Aspo worked a miracle to keep us up last season. We have to pray that Askey can perform a similar miracle in the final dozen or so games.

If NS is still here by the end of the season, I will not be renewing my season ticket. Starve him out.

The club is dying with him as owner.

Steve you are spot on.

Why can't ALL fans see this? To me the whole situation beggars belief.

I don't know of any other club (perhaps Blackpool) who's fans have endured so much misery and condescending treatment from an owner over a prolonged period of time.

What's wrong with people? It's now or never for Port Vale. Even removing the owner now may not prevent non league football. Surely as supporters we are stronger and better than we endure currently. I do have to say (but have said it before) that if NS still resides no more ST's for us

I can understand that Askey probably picked yesterday’s team and formation on the back of our draw at Newport. Whilst, he hardly a lot of time to make drastic changes. But now Askey needs to start making changes and try something else. Do not become the same as Aspin please.

It worries me that yesterday’s performance, tactics and personnel was all the same as the previous reign.

The two loan midfielders can not be any worse than Kay and Joyce and Howkins and Legge are a million miles better than Rawlinson.

If ever you’d want a non league manager now we have one.

Howkins possibly league 2’s best centre half as for the others how can anything not beat a midfield of Kay, Hannant and Joyce

We have good players just a get a decent manager

Askey OUT

Been in the job 3 days you ******.

Howkins the best league defender? Come off it. We sgood last season but barely played since. What a disgrace of a post.

What else could he do yesterday, I have got a feeling we will see changes for the next game. It is not Askeys fault we are in danger of the he drop. It is squarely the fault of Cheapskate Smurthwaite..

I can understand that Askey probably picked yesterday’s team and formation on the back of our draw at Newport. Whilst, he hardly a lot of time to make drastic changes. But now Askey needs to start making changes and try something else. Do not become the same as Aspin please.

It worries me that yesterday’s performance, tactics and personnel was all the same as the previous reign.

The two loan midfielders can not be any worse than Kay and Joyce and Howkins and Legge are a million miles better than Rawlinson.

It's not preseason. We can't make wholesale changes each game. Askey has to learn about his players before making wholesale changes, that includes his inherited loan signings. It's going to take time and In view of the inept owners late decision to change the manager I'm not sure we will have sufficient time to actually change our fortunes.

It's not preseason. We can't make wholesale changes each game. Askey has to learn about his players before making wholesale changes, that includes his inherited loan signings. It's going to take time and In view of the inept owners late decision to change the manager I'm not sure we will have sufficient time to actually change our fortunes.

That's my worry as well.

Archived