onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

Personally think it’s bad bad news. Been dire ‘football’ all season, constant tactical errors. Baffling team selections and subs and some really poor signings (some decent as well). I think we will struggle and there is literally nothing to motivate me regarding the vale.

Now aspin has got another chance he has to change his outlook on games. He’s has to set up to win instead of playing 5/6 centre halves week in week out. If he’s staying he has to change the whole approach as it’s blatantly obvious it’s not owned one bit.

Norman has now got to provide funds in January and aspin has to (if actually given the funds) invest well.

I was hoping he would’ve been sacked / resigned and we could start a fresh with some new ideas.

Find it strange how his statement the other day is completely different to today....

Honestly think we’ve got a real chance of dropping now.

Advert

Aspin im glad he is staying we do not want the upheaval of yet another manager going and starting yet again .

A manager can only manage a group of people who want to work for him so he needs to address the players and see who wants to get this club of ours off the 85 out of 92 performance and result related dross of 2018 to a very lower number for 2019 .

Smurf needs to sell up or put all Hugill money in to the budget for Aspin to improve the team tenfold.

The players who are regulars need to improve there application and change there mentality .

The number of fans coming through the gates is testament to there efforts so wheres the hunger to play in front of more people .

All them seats in that ground to fill well play every game like your lives depend on it and losing aint a option then maybe folk will talk of you in a good light and the word will spread and like years ago like when Aspin yes Yes Aspin was playing with his leg hanging off v Stoke in the FA cup on a cold and fantastic night at Vale Park and you could see losing on any level was gnawing away at him as he played with his heart on his sleeve at all times .

Hope he now learns from his mistakes, otherwise the abuse will only get worse from here. I've never booed nor will I ever boo. But if things don't change, and fast, those who do boo and shout abuse, will only intensify their efforts.

But I still believe that Aspin has to explain, why he came out crying like a little girl, after the Lincoln game! No matter what, if you choose to blame and alienate yourself from the fans in that manner, you have to explain why you said what you said and what you meant by it.

Doesn’t have to explain anything, I fully understood what he meant if you didn’t? Are you gonna slaughter pope for what he’s said about the fans on Twitter? Far worse!!

The very least I would expect is a statement from Smurthwaite on behalf of Port Vale Football Club to clarify the clubs position and Aspins position.

Also to issue a rallying call to the beleaguered fan base who feel that the club is a rudderless ship with no direction.

He wouldn't be the only local football chairman to go hiding when the fans/media need answers.

He is staying, anti or pro, we have to get behind him and the team, but before doing so, is it me, or did he yet again, whilst admitting results have been disappointing, absolve himself of blame for them being so?

Other then say, quite regularly that performances haven't been acceptable I don't think I've ever heard Neil take responsibility for any of those performances

It's either the forwards not scoring enough, defender's not being switched on or making bad mistakes, the midfield for not creating, lack of effort or whatever else he may think of, and now his fate is in the hands of the players!!

No Neil, it's totally in your hands mate, you train them, you pick the teams and where they play within it, and you and you alone are responsible for the tactics they play, not them. If we start winning, and rightly so too, you will not get booed but loudly applauded, but if this run continues (and everyone prays it doesn't) in reverse there will be one person responsible.

All that said, let's now go out and put a few bloody points on the old scoreboard, shall we, enough of this will he or won't he be leaving, let's start climbing the table, ultimately that's what everyone wants

Doesn’t have to explain anything, I fully understood what he meant if you didn’t? Are you gonna slaughter pope for what he’s said about the fans on Twitter? Far worse!!

I've been on and on about Pope since the evening he posted, trying to get people to care. But nobody does, so what can I do?

Seing Aspin after Lincoln and in the interview today, he almost seem 2 nuts short of a fruitcake! Todays interview, is as weird as the one after Lincoln. He's talking like he never said anything and wasn't crying his eyes out on Tuesday.

To be fair, listening to him today, I believe even harder, that this was a small media stunt, to get people to rally behind him, no matter what he says today!

The way he said today "the fans won't dictate if I stay or go", is exactly the opposite of what he said the other night.

But he can't keep awarding the **** heads who shout abuse. I was at Grimsby, and it literally was 4 idiots shouting out of 300 odd (I sat 3 rows behind them), and the way he wanted to fight them after the game, was so OTT and counterproductive! The only way to stop people from doing these things, are to 100% totally ignore them! All they want, is a reaction of him to feed their wee brains. And boy did they get one at Grimsby, and the ******* where high fiving and cheering each afterwards, because they got exactly what they wanted and came for! Silence them to death! If they keep getting acknowledged, the ultimate being on Tuesday, they will only intensify their actions. But if he just totally ignores them, and acknowledge the people who were there cheering the team on, he would way better off!

But instead, he keeps picking fights, almost getting in brawls with the very very VERY few idiots, who shout abuse at him. They are still by FAR, the vast minority!

But if he can't handle getting booed, like after Oldham, when we have just witnessed that absolute utter *****, then he's in the wrong line of work. Sorry to say!

If he’s going to change how he plays because it’s unsuccessful then why play that way in the first place? Obviously blaming the players, hope it works out but can’t see it

He’s had a pop at the fans, now he’s pointing a finger at the players - how will this ever work?

I fear for the clubs league status.

He’s had a pop at the fans, now he’s pointing a finger at the players - how will this ever work?

I fear for the clubs league status.

I know what you mean, a risk either way,

If he’s changed for a decent manager then might be ok but do you trust smurf to pick the right replacement ?, he should have had some one lined up already

Just seen Aspo staying... so what happens when we still don't win games during Jan?? Too many Vale fans have romantic notions about the manager rather than watching whats in front of your eyes.

Both Smurf and Aspo need change their behaviours (Money,tactics,formation,style of play)otherwise goodnight league football.

Archived