onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

Guest TommyMac
So you are happy with less than 5% of the £2.2m transfer income being reinvested in players? ... that should set a club like ours up for success!

You are happy that he has taken us from a steady league 1 club to within one point of relegation from the football league and the bottom league 2 club in the last 12 months?

You were happy with the decimation of the squad and Bruno experiment?

You are happy that whilst the club was fighting for its life as the worst club in league 2 over the last 12 months he decided to buy Nuneatons ground and planned to build hotels around the ground?

You are happy that he has taken the cheap option on managers such as Brown and Neil “I’m certainly not here for the money as it’s not very much” Aspin.

Are you happy that he values the club, not at what it’s worth, but the money he has lost on it due to his own stupid decisions?

Are you happy that all he cares about is “not losing on the deal” so is syphoning off cash (again... £2.2m received!!!!!!) as quickly as he can?

PMSL, I'm not happy at having Smurthwaite as owner, Aspin as manager, Nogan as coach, lukewarm coffee at half time, bird **** on my paddock seat, boring so-called entertainment. No mate I'm not ******* happy.

Advert

The very least I would expect is a statement from Smurthwaite on behalf of Port Vale Football Club to clarify the clubs position and Aspins position.

Also to issue a rallying call to the beleaguered fan base who feel that the club is a rudderless ship with no direction.

The very least I would expect is a statement from Smurthwaite on behalf of Port Vale Football Club to clarify the clubs position and Aspins position.

For once, the situation wasn't of Smurfwaite's doing. It's only come about because Aspin moaned about the stick he's been getting. There's no need for Smurfwaite to say anything which should be his default setting on most things.

For once, the situation wasn't of Smurfwaite's doing. It's only come about because Aspin moaned about the stick he's been getting. There's no need for Smurfwaite to say anything which should be his default setting on most things.

The way I heard the statement from Aspin he's questioning the players now,saying part of management is criticism from supporters.

Smurthwaite should come out and issue a rallying call after all it's his club going through the mire.

Every need I would have thought for the Chairman/owner of a company to make a public statement on a major issue at the club, and clarify the financial outlook.

Tuesday - "If people don't want me here, then maybe it is time for me to go."

Friday - "My own fate won’t be decided by people who want to boo me or want to abuse me."

As clear as his tactics.

Maybe Tuesdays comments were just a knee jerk reaction to a minority of supporters chanting Aspin out despite us playing well and holding the runaway league leaders to a draw in their own back yard.

The way I heard the statement from Aspin he's questioning the players now,saying part of management is criticism from supporters.

Smurthwaite should come out and issue a rallying call after all it's his club going through the mire.

He said if the players stop making an effort he'll have to leave. If they maintain the effort they showed at Lincoln he will stay. Not really questioning the players more a statement of fact.

Also to issue a rallying call to the beleaguered fan base who feel that the club is a rudderless ship with no direction.

Actions speak louder than words. I'd like to see Smurthwaite fund an adequate squad. When's the next Hugill payment?

BBC Sport:

Under-fire Neil Aspin says his fate as Port Vale boss is in the hands of his players - not the fans - after vowing to "fight on" for a better future with the struggling League Two club.

Aspin was upset by booing from away fans at Sincil Bank on New Year's Day, despite Vale holding League Two leaders Lincoln City to a 1-1 draw.

"If people don't want me here, maybe it's time to go," he said after.

But, after support from chairman Norman Smurthwaite, he has now opted to stay.

"Having given it a lot of thought after the Lincoln game, I've decided that I would like to stay at the club and fight for my job," he told BBC Radio Stoke, in a prepared statement.

"I fully accept that results have been disappointing and we haven't made the progress I'd hoped this season. Having said that, I knew it was an extremely difficult job I walked into and that it would take time.

"The biggest message I wanted to get across that my own fate will not be decided by people who want to boo me and abuse me.

"My fate will be decided by the players. My job is in their hands. I need them to show the same fight and desire that they did on Tuesday at Lincoln.

"It won't be down to any supporter as to whether I stay at the club. The chairman has been very supportive during this difficult period but I accept that results must improve."

Aspin was a popular player, a key performer in John Rudge's side which reached English football's second tier, making more than 400 appearances.

But after keeping Vale up following his arrival from Gateshead in October 2017, his team have won just seven times in 26 games this season and are 19th in the table.

Vale, without a game this weekend, now have two home games coming up, against Shrewsbury Town in the EFL Trophy on Tuesday, followed by next Saturday's visit of promotion-chasing Colchester United to Burslem.

PMSL, I'm not happy at having Smurthwaite as owner, Aspin as manager, Nogan as coach, lukewarm coffee at half time, bird **** on my paddock seat, boring so-called entertainment. No mate I'm not ******* happy.

Good for you and absolutely agree with your sentiments.

Hope he now learns from his mistakes, otherwise the abuse will only get worse from here. I've never booed nor will I ever boo. But if things don't change, and fast, those who do boo and shout abuse, will only intensify their efforts.

But I still believe that Aspin has to explain, why he came out crying like a little girl, after the Lincoln game! No matter what, if you choose to blame and alienate yourself from the fans in that manner, you have to explain why you said what you said and what you meant by it.

Archived