onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Advert

I see that Kanu's gone back to Peterborough.

We are talking about a part time player from Ireland here. Now it remains to be seen what sort of player he becomes. But he is not the player we needed right now anyway. We need players ready to go straight into the starting line up. The Tyler walkers, Callum guys, kyle howkins of this world.

I understand people’s disappointment at missing out but was this lad really going to turn this season on it’s head straight away? I would say not.

Also fellas we got beat by a BIGGER club in a HIGHER league, get a grip.

Our budget is competitive for the league we are in, our tactics are not!

This is why I don't understand the criticism of not pushing the boat out enough to get him.

We are talking about a part time player from Ireland here. Now it remains to be seen what sort of player he becomes. But he is not the player we needed right now anyway. We need players ready to go straight into the starting line up. The Tyler walkers, Callum guys, kyle howkins of this world.

I understand people’s disappointment at missing out but was this lad really going to turn this season on it’s head straight away? I would say not.

Also fellas we got beat by a BIGGER club in a HIGHER league, get a grip.

Our budget is competitive for the league we are in, our tactics are not!

I think that the problem is that Aspo is trying to think long term, him and Rudgie have been following the player for a long time and have decided that he has potential to improve the squad long term. They have obviously put a lot of time and effort into persuading him to come to us but Norman has dragged his feet on the deal and Glenavon have opened the door for Oxford to come in and steal him from us. But of course we have to think short term, let's hope no-one makes an offer for any of the players we want to keep or they will be off and the money will be in Normans wallet before you can blink.

Even if with our 400K we could get a few players in who would want to come - our manager has stated it maybe time for him to go - we are 19th in the league, only 8 points from relegation and not a win in 5. It could not get any worse.

Our transfer window is closed before it was ever open.

Don't think we will be seeing anything of that £400,00. Another load of bull from our despicable owner.

I don't think Hardcastle is a problem, he is a good squad player to have around.

I thought he had a good debut against Newport but got dropped next game. He also had a good game as sub when Conlon got hooked at half time (Bury at home?).

I do wonder what Blackburn think about the amount of game time he's getting.

Shopping list:

I'd see if we can get Howkins back... think we lack a bit of pace at the back... Smith, Legge and Rawlinson also seem uncomfortable on the ball...

Would go for a winger

A leftback needed if Clark goes

A striker if Miller goes

(I'd imagine at least one loan player will sign)

Please God no more centre halves! Yes we need need them to be better on the ball, but that woiuld be helped by playing full backs as opposed to four centre halves across the back - The Lincoln game proved that.

Agree with the rest though. I'd say we need two pacy wingers - at least one to start and one for the bench. Hannant can't cross a ball well enough to feed the Pope and Worrall drifts inside too much (which is fine if playing with Gibbons). Monty is decent but I still think he's better as a wing back running onto the ball. However he'd need a consistent run of games and time to improve defensively.

We definitely need an actual left back though regardless. Not a right back or centre half or winger.

I'd like to think Angus will come back and push on for the striker. Turner is probably a bit off yet still so hopefully we can fix him up with another loan deal.

Please God no more centre halves! Yes we need need them to be better on the ball, but that woiuld be helped by playing full backs as opposed to four centre halves across the back - The Lincoln game proved that.

Agree with the rest though. I'd say we need two pacy wingers - at least one to start and one for the bench. Hannant can't cross a ball well enough to feed the Pope and Worrall drifts inside too much (which is fine if playing with Gibbons). Monty is decent but I still think he's better as a wing back running onto the ball. However he'd need a consistent run of games and time to improve defensively.

We definitely need an actual left back though regardless. Not a right back or centre half or winger.

I'd like to think Angus will come back and push on for the striker. Turner is probably a bit off yet still so hopefully we can fix him up with another loan deal.

Dan has made 7 starts and 27 sub appearances for Vale and scored 3 goals. Dior has made 2 starts and 1 sub appearance for Vale and scored 1 goal. Turner has more experience at our level.

Archived