onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Advert

If we really wanted Sykes we could have offered a reasonable wage to begin with and had the deal signed last week. Sounds like more penny pinching from the blue ********.

Remember, we have earned £2.7m since January 2018 and the ******** has also said we have £400k to spend this January.

No we couldn't, nothing can be signed until tomorrow!

The Sykes deal has not happened because another club has offered higher wages to the player and a more attractive package to the club selling him.

It'll be weeks before the players no one else wants settle on VP to try and further their careers. Money talks with transfers so expect it to be quiet for a bit yet.

Wrong,a deal between Glenavon and Oxford has been agreed ,not his personal terms.

Wrong,a deal between Glenavon and Oxford has been agreed ,not his personal terms.

Oxford offered a better deal than us, including appearance based additional fees and fees for International appearances.

I struggle to think they won’t offer the same / more than we can / were prepared to pay in wages.

I guess we have the chance to negotiate too... Norman’s magic £400k is available (apparently) so we could go back to him and offer him a bit more if oxford come in with a higher offer?

Would we have to match their bid to Gelanvon too or once an offer is accepted is that it?

Unless of course the money isn’t available? Or we don’t think he is worth what they are offering!

Oxford offered a better deal than us, including appearance based additional fees and fees for International appearances.

I struggle to think they won’t offer the same / more than we can / were prepared to pay in wages.

The contracts we offer players have appearance bonuses as well as the usual goal bonus, league position, assists, cup run kind of stuff too. But as you rightly say I can’t see us being able to outbid a league one club like Oxford. On paper it’s a no brainier for the lad, why would be come to us? Also for those moaning about Smurf not pushing the boat out, how can we compete with clubs higher up and how high should we go for an player who’s signing is based on a lot of potential.

The contracts we offer players have appearance bonuses as well as the usual goal bonus, league position, assists, cup run kind of stuff too. But as you rightly say I can’t see us being able to outbid a league one club like Oxford. On paper it’s a no brainier for the lad, why would be come to us? Also for those moaning about Smurf not pushing the boat out, how can we compete with clubs higher up and how high should we go for an player who’s signing is based on a lot of potential.

If Norm decides to change the manager I would rather he spent a chunk of the £400k on the salary of an experienced new guy with a bit of success on his CV.

If Norm decides to change the manager I would rather he spent a chunk of the £400k on the salary of an experienced new guy with a bit of success on his CV.
Bang on, and if you think about it, he could really bull **** it and say he's had to pay so much in pay off/wages for the new guy that he can't sign many new players. Win/Win

Archived