onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

He could easily turn out to be a breath of fresh air, but doing it in the Conf North and repeating it in this division, in this team and with chances created in skinny supply, is a tough ask for anyone

I agree a very big ask for a young lad. For us thought we’ve got give him a go, after Pope we have nothing with miller being left out of the squad.

Advert

Yes but seems to be doing well at Cheltenham so you'd imagine all parties would be happy to extend the loan or even make it a permanent move.

He's actually only scored 2 less than Tom 'God complex' Pope from open play this season. Just saying.....

He's actually only scored 2 less than Tom 'God complex' Pope from open play this season. Just saying.....

When both Pope and Barnett were younger they would have been ok up front together. Now they both lack the mobility for one or both to run the channels. I don't thinks he's a bad player, he actually gets in the air higher than Pope, but I don't think the two will work as a partnership at this time in their careers. I suspect Calvin Andrew would be a better short-term partner because he's always been more of a workhorse without getting many goals.

Typical poor posts on Vale players attempting to slur the names of a few. Great that others can correct the misapprehension that some squad members are not behaving like they ought. I personally feel Miller has been hard done to. He, if played regularly, in a sensible system could be a thorn in any opponents side. He's one of those players that can magic something out of nothing and is an irritant to defenders. Whether he can form a parternship with Pope is yet to be seen. We don't know why Aspin can't play the 2 together for a good run of games. Must be some reason we are not party to.

The same recently with Whitfied and latterly young Conlon, I'm another who doesn't get why, like so many other players this season (Gibbo, Vassel, Dodds, Quigley Worral, Joyce etc) Miller is being berated or worse, having constant rumours thrown his in his direction, not just on here, but apparently on social media as well?

Neil chased the lad for several seasons, so surely he must have known exactly how he played, what his strengths were and how to get the best out of the boy, yet playing hoof ball nearly all the game, and in all games played is surely completely ignoring all those strengths?

Will he stay or go out on loan?

Who knows, but if it was the latter, and certainly in team who gets the ball down and plays, he started banging them in, which I have a sneaky feeling he would, we then all start moaning again, but this time it would be as to why we put him out on loan :laugh:

I suspect Calvin Andrew would be a better short-term partner because he's always been more of a workhorse without getting many goals.

Calvin would never lower himself to us again. Vale was a career low for him.

Just shows how the worst player from our promotion winning squad would probably be the best in the current team.

I don’t get why Millar has ended up a controversial figure. He is a good family man and has always been decent to fans, coming over to chat after away games.

He also has been far from awful. He tries to put in high energy performances and tries to do something with the ball.

He isn’t a star player but he has done enough to show he should not be cast away.

The mor0nic Vale element will need to slag someone off if Dodds goes back. It will be a toss up between Miller and Joyce.

The same recently with Whitfied and latterly young Conlon, I'm another who doesn't get why, like so many other players this season (Gibbo, Vassel, Dodds, Quigley Worral, Joyce etc) Miller is being berated or worse, having constant rumours thrown his in his direction, not just on here, but apparently on social media as well?

Neil chased the lad for several seasons, so surely he must have known exactly how he played, what his strengths were and how to get the best out of the boy, yet playing hoof ball nearly all the game, and in all games played is surely completely ignoring all those strengths?

Will he stay or go out on loan?

Who knows, but if it was the latter, and certainly in team who gets the ball down and plays, he started banging them in, which I have a sneaky feeling he would, we then all start moaning again, but this time it would be as to why we put him out on loan :laugh:

When he started up front with Pope even if he wasn’t scoring he was a pain in the @rse to the defenders and took pressure off Pope.Dont think Aspin has given him a fair chance same as Rawlinson and Vassell being picked despite being dire.Cant blame him if Aspin isn’t picking him for games.Think he may have a point to prove if Aspin gave him a chance rather than wasting him by not being in the squad.

Sorry Squire - I scratched the record...sorry, Squire - I scratched the record...sorry, Sq

sorry for insulting our esteemed b leader after all he has done for the club and by acceding to the supporters choice of manager my humble apologies for my rush of blood.:blush:

When both Pope and Barnett were younger they would have been ok up front together. Now they both lack the mobility for one or both to run the channels. I don't thinks he's a bad player, he actually gets in the air higher than Pope, but I don't think the two will work as a partnership at this time in their careers. I suspect Calvin Andrew would be a better short-term partner because he's always been more of a workhorse without getting many goals.

I would give Millar a run till end of season he just needs to be told to play within 10 yards off Pope like an old fashioned inside forward. If Millar could somehow be settled in a position he can score goals. He has all the attributes he just needs to channel his energy and mind into this.

Archived