onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Once again.. he is NOT ON £900 a week.

Admin, when Norman released the players wages, this website made the smart move to remove the details and stop people mentioning them.

This is even worse as its not even true. Can we please do something about someone spreading fake news about a players wages that they heard from an anonymous source which is only being brought up in a vendetta against the player.

To be fair, how is your allegation that Dodds is not on £900pw currently any stronger than the allegation that he is, with no factual evidence being provided by either? Unless you yourself are privy to the payroll documentation (and don't just have it 'on good authority'), then surely you have to accept that both allegations are potentially 'fake news'?

Advert

To be fair, how is your allegation that Dodds is not on £900pw currently any stronger than the allegation that he is, with no factual evidence being provided by either? Unless you yourself are privy to the payroll documentation (and don't just have it 'on good authority'), then surely you have to accept that both allegations are potentially 'fake news'?
Aspin said that we have got him for next to nothing as Chesterfield are paying the majority of his wages.

Aspin said that we have got him for next to nothing as Chesterfield are paying the majority of his wages.

That's my point - Nobody save for the Club and Louis Dodds knows for sure. Any speculation or attempts to determine the actual factual position is pure conjecture based upon whispers and nods. 'Next to nothing' for a man of means is a lot more than it is for a person with nothing. To attempt to stifle speculation of the type referred to by IC would make this forum largely blank!

Josh Payne from Crawley linked on twitter, midfielder 28 played for them at the weekend.

He's probably their best player and does what Kay does but with more energy. I think their's probably some truth in this rumour. Would involve a few but Crawley allegedly have some financial problems. Not sure if he'd move north and pretty sure other clubs would be in for him.

I like Dodds, he is one of my favourite players of the last 15 years or so, but even if we are paying him £5pw, it is borderline whether his onfield contributions have justified that outlay.

I still maintain that if you put Dodds in a Vale side with pace around him and options that’s when we can see the best of him. Currently with no wingers and pace we have no one going past the forwards or giving us options for when the ball goes up top. I think he’d be better in a side that’s playing through him and around him rather than over him or to his head.

Where are all our sleuths regarding new signings? I reckon we will pay for a forward to support Pope.

Wonder who the striker is that Aspin is after? He says that a number of other clubs are also after him, so if any of them will offer attractive wages (i.e. the going rate!) then we'll probably lose out again! (.....unless the target is a non-league player and all of the other interested clubs are also non-league, which is possible, as that seems to be where we/Aspin look for players much of the time!)

By 'support', I presume that you mean 'sit on the bench whilst Pope ambles about on the pitch as he screams at his teammates'.

To be fair to NA he does try to put two up top - Pope and Miller/Whitfield/Dodds/Monty. The issue is that the rest of the team is 50 yards behind them.

By 'support', I presume that you mean 'sit on the bench whilst Pope ambles about on the pitch as he screams at his teammates'.

Finally someone else has seen this.

I've seen criticism of Miller but he's never been given a chance by Pope. Anyone who went to Stevenage will know exactly what I'm talking about. The way Pope barked and undermined Miller throughout the 2nd half (despite Miller coming on and changing the game in our favour - including laying one on a plate for Pope from 6 yards out) will know that Pope will not play with Miller.

I love Pope, he's a Vale legend and clearly the best footballer in the current squad. However, I have a horrible feeling that he would be happy if we tumble further down the leagues as long as he's still top dog. Look back at his reaction to the iconic celebration from Miller on the opening day, he was jealous as hell with the admiration his strike partner was getting from the Railway Stand.

I've seen criticism of Miller but he's never been given a chance by Pope. Anyone who went to Stevenage will know exactly what I'm talking about. The way Pope barked and undermined Miller throughout the 2nd half (despite Miller coming on and changing the game in our favour - including laying one on a plate for Pope from 6 yards out) will know that Pope will not play with Miller.

I love Pope, he's a Vale legend and clearly the best footballer in the current squad. However, I have a horrible feeling that he would be happy if we tumble further down the leagues as long as he's still top dog. Look back at his reaction to the iconic celebration from Miller on the opening day, he was jealous as hell with the admiration his strike partner was getting from the Railway Stand.

No comment.:wink:

I don't think he's the best footballer in the current squad at all. He may be the best striker, but I would question even that, as nobody else has been given a fair crack (not playing with Pope, but without him). Let's face it, how many other teams, even in this Division, would Pope get into as a first choice striker with no mobility nor pace? Not many I reckon. Yet we're trying to build a team around a 33 year old who is considered by the management, by their own admission, when he's not even fit and carrying an injury. Our play is dictated by Tom Pope and Tom Pope alone, meaning that we can't attack with pace as to do so will mean Pope is still huffing and puffing his way into the area, leaving us to either have to hold the ball up whilst he gets in position (which allows all of the opposition to do so too), or cross it in when nobody is in the area. Saw it time and time again in the first half against Oldham.

Archived