onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Official: 2023/24 Retained List

On 30/04/2024 at 22:11, Spunk Trumpet said:

I’d bet my life that James Wilson comes out on top in that respect as well!

Uche could play all night and not score. 

Give me Wilson for ten minutes, half fit, over Uche for 90 minutes fully fit.

Uche can't play for 90 minutes never mind all night

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

He’s clearly not ready. 

I think he's the least ready and needs to develop. But I'm a lot more happy about the rest. I want to see Dipepa, Walters and Plant starting. We need Dipepa in particular to start and score goals. I fear he will be gone in the Summer or in January in which case deploying the fee correctly is important. The other young players need to step up to L2. The point is we have committed to an academy system and I agree there are risks of playing youth players who may not be good enough. But if that is the club's business and football model, then braveness is needed. The current Liverpool squad was decimated for part of the season, but the young players came in and kept them near the top of the league. It's stuttered recently relying on a striker who isn't good enough - Nunez. Jayden Danns will come in next season with Nunez likely moved to the left. He's a strong dribbler.  

Edited by Warren

2 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Uche can't play for 90 minutes never mind all night

Wilson needs to go and has. We have Garrity, Chislett and now Dipepe to play where he plays. I am hopeful Moore can improve Uche and especially if he is fit from the start of the season. I accept he needs to score more, but he is a good target man and the three above can play off him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warren said:

I think he's the least ready and needs to develop. But I'm a lot more happy about the rest. I want to see Dipepa, Walters and Plant starting. We need Dipepa in particular to start and score goals. I fear he will be gone in the Summer or in January in which case deploying the fee correctly is important. The other young players need to step up to L2. The point is we have committed to an academy system and I agree there are risks of playing youth players who may not be good enough. But if that is the club's business and football model, then braveness is needed. The current Liverpool squad was decimated for part of the season, but the young players came in and kept them near the top of the league. It's stuttered recently relying on a striker who isn't good enough - Nunez. Jayden Danns will come in next season with Nunez likely moved to the left. He's a strong dribbler.  

Personally I don’t think we committed to this youth academy approach, it was just the result of consistent horrible transfer windows. Realistically, other than Plant, the youth players shouldn’t have been close to the first team this season. Shorrock I like, he has a lot of potential, but needs a full season playing men’s football in non league, imo the same for lomax and walters. It’s a joke that these were involved in league 1 football and just result of David Flitcroft. Dipepa I would put in the same category but seems to have come on quite a lot recently, if we keep him, him and plant would be the only ones I’d want involved in the match day squads this season. Get the others a full season under their belt and come back next season with us 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Personally I don’t think we committed to this youth academy approach, it was just the result of consistent horrible transfer windows. Realistically, other than Plant, the youth players shouldn’t have been close to the first team this season. Shorrock I like, he has a lot of potential, but needs a full season playing men’s football in non league, imo the same for lomax and walters. It’s a joke that these were involved in league 1 football and just result of David Flitcroft. Dipepa I would put in the same category but seems to have come on quite a lot recently, if we keep him, him and plant would be the only ones I’d want involved in the match day squads this season. Get the others a full season under their belt and come back next season with us 

The only one we are really disagreeing over is Walters. As I understand he is not contractually bound? I think he is there on skill at L2 level, but not so sure on the physicality side. We must give Dipepe a major role. If he is good enough to play for the England U18, then he expects to be at least a Championship player and pretty quickly. I think he slots chances and has a good dribble. Every game he plays and scores gets us points of course, but also adds to his ultimate fee when he leaves. 

6 hours ago, Warren said:

The through-put is improving from the Academy, but it takes a few seasons for it to build up from our previous poor supply to the first team. 

• Like 1