onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Official: 2023/24 Retained List

Cannot believe we've offered Uche something.  

Even if its peanuts, I can't understand how anyones looking at him and thinking yep, we want him round the place next season. Its like watching a bull elephant.

I'm not shocked by the list as we can't just immediately get rid of players who've got a year left.  HOPEFULLY, we can negotiate a few out of the door.

Anyone we could have released we should have released in my opinion.

And Deklan Wynne?

He'll be the first 30 year old to play US non league football and turn out to be decent in the efl I'd bet.

Edited by eh up nah
  • Like 2

Advert

We need strikers who can score. I’m all for a cult hero but this guy hasn’t scored a goal has he? You can talk about the modern striker, not his fault, no supply, injuries etc. but he’s had his chance and giving him another year or 2 won’t change the basic facts. Look at Willo, rubbish in L1, give him another year, rubbish in L1. It’s mind-boggling honestly. Actively going into another season with Loft and Uche on the books, voluntarily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyway it’s only negotiations and there’s a long way to go. They might offer him half a packet, he tells them to sod off, he’s out the door Tuesday. 

3 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

in the retained list on facebook ikpaezo has been released as has Massey who’s contract was up but wait for tge news on here tomorrow 

No idea about Facebook but on the club website Uche is having discussions about renewed terms.

22 minutes ago, Santa said:

Uche Mk II is one of the strangest footballers I’ve ever seen. Too slow and no stamina for the amount of running required for a centre forward. Disproportionate amount of upper body strength, shields the ball well but wins very few headers. Can’t hit a barn door and his all round play isn’t good enough to overlook that.

He's been the second most disastrous centre forward signing we’ve made this season.

I’m not falling into the trap of thinking some of our players might be better next year simply because they’re in a lower league. Sitters like the one on Saturday don’t get any easier in League Two.

Only difference with Uche is he had a two seasons in league 2 where he scored 19 in 69, which is a respectable goals total. Loft by comparison has played 106 in league 2 and scored 17. So if somehow we can replicate that version of Uche we have a solid striker who will do as a 2nd/3rd choice. 

16 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Only difference with Uche is he had a two seasons in league 2 where he scored 19 in 69, which is a respectable goals total. Loft by comparison has played 106 in league 2 and scored 17. So if somehow we can replicate that version of Uche we have a solid striker who will do as a 2nd/3rd choice. 

Uch there it is! 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Powerline said:

He won’t be the 2nd or third choice, as that would mean funding a team far more expensive than our league 1 side, which if that happens, I’ll be outraged so little was done the previous year. 

If he signs a deal at the end of negotiations expect him to be the main man! 

James Wilson. 28 years old. 

Last 4 seasons. 134 games. 31 goals.

Uche Ikpeazu. 29 years old.

Last 4 seasons. 85 games. 12 goals.

If Wilson is classed as always injured and we have let him go, then Christ only knows what Uche is classed as and we are offering him a contract!!!

Now make that make sense.

Edited by Spunk Trumpet
  • Like 4

Uche, in a radio interview four weeks ago said he wanted to play at the highest possible level, next season. Will this be us, I suppose he’ll follow the money at this stage of his career. 
In the natural world he reminds me of the male buffalo that used to be fast, the head of the herd a real presence however he’s aged, still looks menacing but unlikely to score. 

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Haha 2

This Uche business, everyone needs to calm down a bit. Club clearly put out a statement of fact, rather than any detail which is fine. If Uche current deal says he has a contract offer at the end of the season then that’s what has to happen. It does not mean he will want to stay or we will offer him a deal that’s acceptable to him. The season only ended 48 hours ago. 

Where information is concerned the club are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. No other business is expected to be as communicative as football clubs to paying customers. 

• Like 2

Over simplistic I know. But the number of players we have who cant complete 30 plus games a season is ridiculous. A bit chunk of the playing budget is paying players to sit in the treatment room. Who's idea is it to sign injured and injury prone players. If Uche could not pass a fitness test at Charlton why does he at Vale? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, markh said:

This Uche business, everyone needs to calm down a bit. Club clearly put out a statement of fact, rather than any detail which is fine. If Uche current deal says he has a contract offer at the end of the season then that’s what has to happen. It does not mean he will want to stay or we will offer him a deal that’s acceptable to him. The season only ended 48 hours ago. 

Where information is concerned the club are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. No other business is expected to be as communicative as football clubs to paying customers. 

The statement yesterday clearly reads that Uche is out of contract but remains in conversation with the club over new terms.

You can not get more black n white than that

Hopefully, someone will come in for him before we make the mistake of re-signing him.

4 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

The statement yesterday clearly reads that Uche is out of contract but remains in conversation with the club over new terms.

You can not get more black n white than that

Hopefully, someone will come in for him before we make the mistake of re-signing him.

Agree, but he can still be entitled to a contract offer at the end of the current one, esp if he’s met a threshold. Not arguing over it but I’ll judge this window with a month to go. We need to do business early, everyone agrees that I think. Let’s be positive. A fully fit Uche could be a great foil for a fox in the box. #illgetmecoat