onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Official: 2023/24 Retained List

No surprises with those released. 

Cass is worth keeping imo, Uche most certainly isn’t. No idea on Wynne. 

For the in contracts, bar Ripley, Garrity and Chislett and the kids the rest should have been transfer listed in the hope someone is mad enough to want to take one or two of them. 

Unless the plan is to bring in 4 or 5 absolutely top drawer signings to supplement what we are stuck with then it is hard to see anything other than a battle to stay in the EFL next season.

• Like 4

Advert

8 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I’ll put the extremely controversial view out there and get pelters: Uche with a full pre-season will be absolutely fine in League 2.

I agree. Having said that…another year of a Loft/Uche strike force is hardly something that is going to get you going to any matches. If they are both sitting on the bench and we have two quality guys up front, fair enough, but Uche is this year’s Wilson. We are offering him a deal and are in negotiations because despite a whole season to find better forwards, once again we can’t find them or won’t pay for them. 

Basically we had a dreadful season and only 3 players from that have been released at this time and 1 was a back up goalkeeper who actually exceed expectations when played. 

I agree about the transfers, but come on, who is going to come along and take Loft? 

Only guy I feel for is the goalkeeper. Never let us down when he played. Knowing our luck Ripley will get a better offer later and then we will be in the cack again.

Not defending the former DoF (that’s impossible) but he probably had to offer two year contracts to get players to come. Would you uproot your family for a 12 months contract.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Armers4eng said:

Supporting this club is like being tortured slowly,

Relegated last week 

Resign uche this week

What the hell are they gonna do next week

I've had enough 

Give Norman Smurfwaite a place on the board and make Robbie Williams a DOF, given his managerial experience with Soccer Aid. 

You heard it here first! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

Only guy I feel for is the goalkeeper. Never let us down when he played. Knowing our luck Ripley will get a better offer later and then we will be in the cack again.

Not defending the former DoF (that’s impossible) but he probably had to offer two year contracts to get players to come. Would you uproot your family for a 12 months contract.

I agree with the two year deals. Probably cheaper to offer 2 than a big tempting 1 year deal…maybe we offer bigger 1 deals to 4 luxury players to get our promotion push going. 

That’s what’s really needed. When’s the Peterborough United released list out? 

13 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

As others have said, you can’t read too much into it. Doesn’t seem to be the done thing of naming who is on the transfer list. I’d be very surprised if at least 5 of the contracted players are not moved on. 

Other clubs have named & shamed the ones they don’t want anymore publicly 

12 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

Yeah it’s a shame but I’m pleased we’ve offered the youth keeper a professional contract. Much rather an up & coming keeper from the academy than an ageing & not exactly great Jason Leutweiler especially if they’re only going to be used in the pizza cup 

Edited by Vtid

26 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Pros and cons with doing it. If teams know you desperately want to get rid of a player, they will probably low ball the offer. As I said, I’m confident there will be plenty of movement in and out as the summer progresses. 

Edited by Boslem's Brazil
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vtid said:

We are too nice on and off the pitch. I’d be saying Grant, jones, loft, Lowe ect are no longer required by the club and are transfer listed. I’m still hopeful this has happened just not in this list 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Pros and cons with doing it. If teams know you desperately want to get rid of a player, they will probably low ball the offer. As I sad, I’m confident there will be plenty of movement in and out as the summer progresses. 

Can’t argue with that post mate 👍🏻 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Pros and cons with doing it. If teams know you desperately want to get rid of a player, they will probably low ball the offer. As I said, I’m confident there will be plenty of movement in and out as the summer progresses. 

Lolz...  how can they low ball free?  Just pick up the contract and they are yours....  none of our players aside from Ripley, Chislet and Garrity will command a fee.

Apart from Uche, everything else is not only obvious but all the club can do at this stage. No other renewed contracts, we’re discussing options with other players, which means:

. Some we want to stay, who want to go

. Some we want to go, who want to stay

. Some we want to go, who want to go, but they need somewhere to go

What do people expect? Paying up contracts doesn’t happen and it’ll take weeks for them to assess their options. If it had said “and this is our group, we’re just going to fill the odd gap” that’s completely different.

Moore will be telling players they aren’t wanted or needed, in nicer words, but as long as they’re contracted it’s a negotiation. Negotiations take time. Will Lowe, Grant, Jones, Sang, Yak ALL be at the club come kick off? No. Will SOME be? Yes.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We are too nice on and off the pitch. I’d be saying Grant, jones, loft, Lowe ect are no longer required by the club and are transfer listed. I’m still hopeful this has happened just not in this list 

They will be. Behind closed doors all sorts of conversations will be taking place. Taking calls and making calls. They’re not going to put a billboard outside Vale Park.

18 minutes ago, TonyD said:

Lolz...  how can they low ball free?  Just pick up the contract and they are yours....  none of our players aside from Ripley, Chislet and Garrity will command a fee.

You’d be surprised. No point in revealing our hand in public anyway.