onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Official: 2023/24 Retained List

2 minutes ago, markh said:

Agree, but he can still be entitled to a contract offer at the end of the current one, esp if he’s met a threshold. Not arguing over it but I’ll judge this window with a month to go. We need to do business early, everyone agrees that I think. Let’s be positive. A fully fit Uche could be a great foil for a fox in the box. #illgetmecoat

He's never fit and he's not a great foil for anybody.

He's a shocking player

• Like 2

Advert

11 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

James Wilson. 28 years old. 

Last 4 seasons. 134 games. 31 goals.

Uche Ikpeazu. 29 years old.

Last 4 seasons. 85 games. 12 goals.

If Wilson is classed as always injured and we have let him go, then Christ only knows what Uche is classed as and we are offering him a contract!!!

Now make that make sense.

The more I hear and see this kind of lunacy re players then as each day passes renewing my ST becomes a less significant matter. Get it sorted Vale top to bottom. Clueless.

Willow - Good luck in finding your next club.  Shame you picked up injuries all the time for Vale, as I loved watching you when you were on the pitch.  Defenders and midfield opposition knew you were good and took chunks out of you to try and stop your runs, touches and flicks to Vale players.  Thank you for the memories.

But due to the injuries you became a luxury player Vale just could not accommodate due to the poor recruitment process over the 2 years.

Edited by PVFC764
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

Willow - Good luck in finding your next club.  Shame you picked up injuries all the time for Vale, as I loved watching you when you were on the pitch.  Defenders and midfield opposition knew you were good and took chunks out of you to try and stop your runs, touches and flicks to Vale players.  Thank you for the memories.

But due to the injuries you became a luxury player Vale just could not accommodate due to the poor recruitment process over the 2 years.

Even with great recruitment we couldn’t continue to accommodate someone who’s never on the pitch unfortunately. Great player technically & as you say wish him all the best 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

James Wilson. 28 years old. 

Last 4 seasons. 134 games. 31 goals.

Uche Ikpeazu. 29 years old.

Last 4 seasons. 85 games. 12 goals.

If Wilson is classed as always injured and we have let him go, then Christ only knows what Uche is classed as and we are offering him a contract!!!

Now make that make sense.

Is this the same for minutes played?

1 "appearance" could be a 1 minute time waster sub or a full 90 minutes.

14 hours ago, eh up nah said:

Cannot believe we've offered Uche something.  

Even if its peanuts, I can't understand how anyones looking at him and thinking yep, we want him round the place next season. Its like watching a bull elephant.

I'm not shocked by the list as we can't just immediately get rid of players who've got a year left.  HOPEFULLY, we can negotiate a few out of the door.

Anyone we could have released we should have released in my opinion.

And Deklan Wynne?

He'll be the first 30 year old to play US non league football and turn out to be decent in the efl I'd bet.

Totally agree. Wynne has taken enough money off the club to not play in the month he has been here. His track record of being barely good at a sub conference US 2nd Div should be enough to warn us off. 

There are guys who played in the same league, notably Hurculano Carvalho who played for my local 9th tier Arlesey Town last year! This is the sort of level he is. 

I just think Carol is just a poor judge of character when it comes to recruiting staff. I suspect she will hire anyone willing to kiss her ass. These “nice people” with “right values”‘all have one common value. They support her and think she is great. 

It is fairly clear that Wynne was the final great find of the Flitcroft era, which failed. So why we are entertaining him staying I have no idea. 

• Like 1

Seems a lot of anger at the retained list but not sure what else we can do at this stage, the contract situation for the ones under contract is what it is and that will I am sure develop over the coming weeks in terms of letting players go, maybe even loaning them out etc so it was never going to say much more, could potentially transfer list some but assume thats being done behind closed doors.

Surprised at Uche a bit but not devastated by that, a full pre season against League Two teams that sit in he may be useful but it could also be terms of his current deal hence "in discussion" as I am sure the press released when he signed said the deal keeps him here "Until at least the summer".

Gutted James Wilson has gone but understandable and deserves to be remembered for those great moments in the promotion season, Derby and Plymouth away.

Feel a bit for Luetwieiler as never let us down but maybe a keeper more there to challenge Ripley for the number 1 would be better?

Massey as expected, good luck to him but not lived up to expectation.

Wynne I can't comment as never seen him play so will rely on Moore's judgement there!

Cass I assume will go but he was very good in L2 for us so not too down if he signs a new deal.

Devil will as always be in the detail.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Just seen Josh Greens video of Willo on twitter. Brought a tear to my eye that’s for sure 🥹

Hope that amazing drop of the shoulders and quick feet at Barrow is on. Put it on a plate for a 2 yard tap in. Think it was Aaron Martin. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Hope that amazing drop of the shoulders and quick feet at Barrow is on. Put it on a plate for a 2 yard tap in. Think it was Aaron Martin. 

Can’t recall seeing it. Sort your stuff out Josh 😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Wonder what Lewis Cass' conversation with Moore will be like.

"See you around you whopper."

I'm just not sure which one of the two is saying it.

• Haha 1