onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Damning indictment of crewe alexandra/Bennell/Hard to Believe

darren1810

I got to know Dario fairly well through my work over the last couple of years (not seen him for a few months) and he told me the only thing he was guilty of was knowing about accusations and not saying anything although he says it was a different way of thinking back then...he also said the FA suspended him as they have had it in for him since he turned down the England youth (or u18) job in the early 90s.

Still a ******* wrong un in my eyes.

This to me is damning. I always tried to keep an open mind on Dario, as it would be terrible for a colleague to do this and get your own name dragged through the mud by association. But if he knew about it, and still thinks ‘the only thing’ he did wrong was know about it and say nothing then that’s terrible. And then claim it was a petty grudge that got him suspended and not the fact he was embroiled in events where kids got raped! Did he really say this? Because if this became common knowledge there would be uproar. Especially because the official Crewe stance is that they knew nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Advert

Back page of the times, so a decent source, but some random social media rumour. I presume court documents testify to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Didn't Dario go to Bennells house and remove some kid from his care.Hope they all take Crewe to the cleaners.

The club must have known what was going on.

Didn't they pay off some kids to keep them quiet.

I've just watched the channel 4 dispatches programme. Crewe's statement yesterday is disgusting. They knew, they covered it up, and they've lied ever since. Absolute vermin. Bowler, Gradi, you've been complicit in destroying young people's lives. No ifs, no buts, no amount of "no evidence" will convince me that they didn't know what was going on. Hundreds of kids were subsequently put in harms way, whilst he was at Crewe, and for years afterwards at Stoke and Dominoes. I got lucky, others didn't. I hope the truth comes out, the evidence is found, and Gradi and Bowler both serve time. Pure evil scum.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Can I just say, it really doesn't matter which club it is, from the biggest to the smallest. Any individual or club (and as a Catholic, there are obvious parallels with the situation in the church) that has knowingly, directly or indirectly, allowed child abuse to happen needs the book thrown at them. At no time has it been in any way acceptable for this sickening behaviour.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

If Gradi did turn down the England U18's job all I can say is thank the lord for that because England had a near miss there.

On the topic of Crewe'e directors being totally unaware of what was going on that seems strange when all Vale fans used to taunt Gradi about his shady reputation when they often sang 'With a bag of sweets and his cheesy smile Dario Gradi is a p+++++++++'. Surely it should have been checked out but I don't think that they gave a damn as long as the sale of the youngsters kept the club's coffers nicely afloat.

Not to make light of the a horrible situation for the Lads involved,but I nearly spit me tea out when Len on P&G last night was saying that after all the mud slinging that had gone at Crewe last week, it will be good to get back to the old days !

Archived