onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Damning indictment of crewe alexandra/Bennell/Hard to Believe

darren1810

Friday's Guardian is full of facts about Bennell leaving Crewe after a complaint was made and they gave him references for his next job. Crewe don't come out of the article very well.
This is what really angers me about Crewe's role in this. Not only did they bury their heads in the sand to the problem while he was at their club, they knowingly shifted the problem elsewhere for more kids to be put in harms way and suffer. Vile people running that club that need locking up.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Can't post a link but the Mail on Sunday has an excellent article written by Oliver Holt today about this. It portrays the Alex as thoroughly disgusting.

Here it is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-5404263/Crewe-fail-apologise-Bennell-guilty.html

Edit: sorry, wrong link. This is the Holt article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5404321/How-regime-charge-Crewe.html

Can't post a link but the Mail on Sunday has an excellent article written by Oliver Holt today about this. It portrays the Alex as thoroughly disgusting.

Link:- How can the same regime still be in charge at Crewe after Barry Bennell made it into football’s house of horrors? For sake of the abused and their families, for the good of his club, Dario Gradi should have quit long ago

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5404321/How-regime-charge-Crewe.html

This is what really angers me about Crewe's role in this. Not only did they bury their heads in the sand to the problem while he was at their club, they knowingly shifted the problem elsewhere for more kids to be put in harms way and suffer. Vile people running that club that need locking up.

FST,a commentator on Talksport(woman) on Friday stated it would be unlikely that Benell acted alone.In other words a paedo ring.Look where Bennell started and then ended his ‘career’.

FST,a commentator on Talksport(woman) on Friday stated it would be unlikely that Benell acted alone.In other words a paedo ring.Look where Bennell started and then ended his ‘career’.
I agree. I'm sure Chelsea have been implicated in the wider scandal from the time Gradi was there, or thereabouts.

I know when he was at Stoke and Dominoes he had an assistant. Can't remember his name but he was with us in the peak district when bennell took us out at night to scare us. He would have been interviewed in 94 and 98, so not sure what, if anything he knew about it.

They are in complete denial at Gresty Road,they are hoping it will all go away.

8 pages of comment on here,just a handful of posts on Alexmad some are even blaming Manchester City for not saying anything when Bennell moved to Crewe.

I see one of the posters on there reckons that the reason for the 15 month delay in Crewe starting an investigation is because they were told not to do anything until the trial was over. It seems no one told Manchester City the same thing. I wonder if Man City wanted to dig out the truth because there is a different regime in charge to whom no guilt will be apportioned??

I see one of the posters on there reckons that the reason for the 15 month delay in Crewe starting an investigation is because they were told not to do anything until the trial was over. It seems no one told Manchester City the same thing. I wonder if Man City wanted to dig out the truth because there is a different regime in charge to whom no guilt will be apportioned??

That could well be,City under a different ownership could be the reason,I also wondered if Crewe do have an inquiry it could open the flood gates for compensation if the results showed that they did know and turned a blind eye.

In the case of Crewe would it be "Sub judice" ?

Sunday Supplement debated this today. Noted the Crewe Chairman had been in office for 30 years. Felt Crewe were not equipped to do an investigation, but all clubs should be supported to do so. In Crewe's case, now is the moment. They said they would act after the trial ended. Of course their lawyers will be telling them it is insane to open up to all sorts of liability - it will finish them off.

We should not get too smug at Port Vale, or anywhere else. It looks like the problems are all pervasive.

This sort of thing can pop up anywhere at any time. I am now 59 years old. But when I was 17 I played chess to a reasonable standard including for the county teams in Staffordshire. I was invited by letter to go to a weekend training event by a guy called Brian Eley. This looked a credible letter for 2 reasons. First Brian Eley is master level player and former British Champion. Secondly, it looked like he had authority to contact me from the British Chess Federation - how else could he have got my contact details. I didn't go. Brian Eley is now a wanted sex offender. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Eley

Pardon the pun,but surprised he hasn't blown the whistle on a few more of his ilk.Hope the ******* rots in prison.

So am I. He could possibly have got quite a few years off his sentence if he had dobbed in a few of his ilk. Not that I want him to serve less time - should be hanged in my opinion - but I can't see that he owes them any favours.

My guess the reason Crewe are covering all this up is that they are scared of 1) A big compensation claim and 2) That should more come out the whole of their most successful period in their history(late 90s-early 2000s) was built on the back of a paedo ring? Obviously you can't erase their results or history in that sense but the scandal would be massive and very few aspiring young players coming through now would touch them with a barge pole for a good few years and that would probably as a club cost them their league status as lets be honest the few decent youngsters Crewe have now are the only reason they are still in League Two currently.

Obviously none of that's any excuse and those who've suffered deserve some justice(if indeed there is more to this) but just my opinion on why Crewe's statements are so pathetic and vague on this, it could pretty much destroy them as a club as a lot of what they do achieve is based on the youth system. As mentioned above the other reason linked to this unlike Man City who now have new owners since this happened calling a review, Crewe don't and it's largely the same hierachy running stuff at Gresty Road!:ohmy:

Archived