onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The OVF January Transfer Window thread

robf

I have had my think Melv it isnt going to happen:sad:

I think the same.But the reality is we have to wait till the window is closed.I hope we get someone with the required experience but I won't be holding my breath while waiting

Advert

Not everyone is stupid enough to have their better players on 6 month deals or 6 month loans so other clubs can poach them if they do well.

There is a brilliant, consistent, experienced keeper that isn't getting games in L1 that knows the Vale well. Chris Neal. Why haven't we signed him yet?

Even with a semi-decent keeper we'd have had an extra 10+ points this season. We would have won 2-0 today that's for sure.

Christ I wish I could run this football club.

Not everyone is stupid enough to have their better players on 6 month deals or 6 month loans so other clubs can poach them if they do well.

There is a brilliant, consistent, experienced keeper that isn't getting games in L1 that knows the Vale well. Chris Neal. Why haven't we signed him yet?

Even with a semi-decent keeper we'd have had an extra 10+ points this season. We would have won 2-0 today that's for sure.

Christ I wish I could run this football club.

Wouldnt have got relegated last season either.

Hannant and Wilson. Similar age. Both new to L2. Both highly promising. Hannant adjusts quickly. Wilson totally off the pace.

Hannant has been toughened up. Northern League! I doubt there's a harder league in the country. More senior football in the National League.

Wilson mollycoddled in junior football.

Doubtless technically gifted, but won't get the chance to show his skills.

There's a lot wrong with player development these days.

Hannant showed a lot of promise yesterday. Covered loads of ground, worked hard, helped win the ball back and put lots of tackles in. He was positive when he got the ball and went forwards. He tried threaded through balls, crosses and shots. One of these led to the equaliser. Decent enough home debut. He coped with the physical side of the game no problem and showed balls near the end when we were already playing with ten men and he got whacked in them, by getting up and soldiering on.

I'll be happy enough if we sign the best from the league below.

We won’t go down and certainly won’t be going up this season, so you would like to think there is an element of saving a bit of money for the summer. Makes no real difference if we finish 3rd bottom or just outside the play offs in the grand scheme of things, though obviously you would hope for the latter. Hannant wont be on mega bucks, he’s acquitted himself well, more of the same would be great, plenty of hunger in non-league. Who knows if there have been any discussions over any of the loan lads being out of contract, hopefully put this season down to experience and the youngsters will be better for it next season. If we could get Chris Neal back that’s adds a bit of experience and an excellent keeper, crying out for a left back, let Tonge, Kay, Montano, Barnett, Pugh go who you would imagine are amongst the highest earners, be clever with what’s saved, and I’m sure with Sir John and Aspo we’ll be up there next year

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

He got the shirt on boxing day after Fleetwood had a poor run of form and has played every game since. Cairns who was number one is now on the bench.

Lainton track record for appearances and injury suggested Mr Brown had made an Almighty error by even contemplating signing him .

I'll have a pint of the optimism that some on here are drinking. I'm glad you are cast iron sure that we'll be fine come May because I'm still very concerned and after recent results am finding it hard to see where these 5 wins are coming form. Blimey, if we lose next week there'll be meltdown on here, with the window then slammed shut.

I don't think NS is prepared to spend the necessary money to cement our place in mid table. He's clearly told Aspin to balance the books, cut down the squad size and sign non league hopefuls and loan players.

I'd sleep more soundly if we could get hold of a good midfielder and a proven left back before Wednesday. If not I fear we're going to be biting our nails until May as we just don't have the quality in the team to consistently win games at this level and often look like a bunch of strangers.

I'll have a pint of the optimism that some on here are drinking. I'm glad you are cast iron sure that we'll be fine come May because I'm still very concerned and after recent results am finding it hard to see where these 5 wins are coming form. Blimey, if we lose next week there'll be meltdown on here, with the window then slammed shut.

I don't think NS is prepared to spend the necessary money to cement our place in mid table. He's clearly told Aspin to balance the books, cut down the squad size and sign non league hopefuls and loan players.

I'd sleep more soundly if we could get hold of a good midfielder and a proven left back before Wednesday. If not I fear we're going to be biting our nails until May as we just don't have the quality in the team to consistently win games at this level and often look like a bunch of strangers.

There are still many clubs below us in a similar situation and they will be looking at our position salivating that they want to be there now. These clubs have to win matches too Sage so chill out mate, yes we will be in Division 2 next season. Then the long, hard job for Aspin is to convince the powers at present what we need. I agree totally that the only problem Vale have is the purse strings, but come on so many other Clubs have that drawback too.

There are still many clubs below us in a similar situation and they will be looking at our position salivating that they want to be there now. These clubs have to win matches too Sage so chill out mate, yes we will be in Division 2 next season. Then the long, hard job for Aspin is to convince the powers at present what we need. I agree totally that the only problem Vale have is the purse strings, but come on so many other Clubs have that drawback too.

Budgets restrict what a manager can do, Guardiola stating today that he cannot compete with ManU on wages and fees, but failure to win 4 trophies is not our concern. There are clubs in L2 with smaller gates and without sugar daddies that prosper, but recovering from unsettling seasons is bound to be traumatic, just hoping that we have enough wins in the tank. A left back would help.

Id personally say about the same. Weaker at the back and stronger in midfield and we have more options up top.

think we are definitely weaker at the back,

midfield numerically the same but weaker on the left, up top no change

but cover is for key positions in the spine remains sparce so fingers crossed no injuries/suspensions

Archived