onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The OVF January Transfer Window thread

robf

...and after recent results am finding it hard to see where these 5 wins are coming form.

Last 8 results (inc. 3 against top 6 sides): W2 D3 L3 = 9 points. If we averaged that for the next 16 games (some against lower opposition) we should be there or thereabouts. It's not pretty, but it was never likely to be after those first...awful...MB games!!!

Advert

What worries me is again we have too large a squad....

I think you mean "still"? "Still" have too large a squad, which we probably won't be able to reduce to a decent size until summer? Aspo has been dealt a very shoddy hand and has, mostly, played it pretty well - but, you can't blame him if he tries other things out, and they don't work out well - as has been said, before, desperately short of the quality needed! The recall of Anderson - wonder whether that's because we dropped him, making him a scapegoat when, truthfully, he's been better and more consistent than most?

I dont blame anyone at the club for Anderson going back to his parent club sh2t happens,what makes me furious is we are in this situation through ONE persons arrogance,we should never have got relegated last season except ONE person thought arrogantly that he knew best.

We are not run properly despite having two experienced football professionals running the playing side,reading Aspos comments he's not happy and thats because ONE person knows better.

Aspin clearly isn’t very happy.

Anybody have a feeling that come the end of the season he might leave?

I give Norman as much slack as I can, despite the fact he’s a bumbling jester, but he’s really ****** this up and we are really quite lucky that we got some good results in December or we’d be in deep trouble.

Seems like he has made Aspin a load of promises that he just can’t keep.

To think we were actually looking forward to this transfer window. Fact is we get weaker each window with Smurthwaite in charge.

We always look forward to the window until it’s here.

Then we pray it shuts before any more damage can be done.

We used to moan that we didn’t utilise the loan window enough like teams such as Crewe and Swindon would but this is why we need to build a side of our own and have just one or two loanees going forward next season.

Can’t blame the club on this one but it’s a situation we need to learn from.

Aspin clearly isn’t very happy.

Anybody have a feeling that come the end of the season he might leave?

I give Norman as much slack as I can, despite the fact he’s a bumbling jester, but he’s really ****** this up and we are really quite lucky that we got some good results in December or we’d be in deep trouble.

Seems like he has made Aspin a load of promises that he just can’t keep.

Who would blame him if he did pack it in? Norman promised to do anything it took to keep us up but, all of a sudden, when Aspo needs support to keep Gunning, it's more important to stay within the pay structure even though we're still in a dire relegation fight, a decision that's looking worse by the day. Then we're told that our signings will have to come from non-league, presumably on the basis of cost. The contrast between words and action was never so stark.

Never mind, we still have two days left...

Norman will only do what suits him, and his pocket. No more , no less. That's the way the man thinks. He likes the fact that the attention has been off him in the past few months, and focused on Aspin and the team. He's a manager's nightmare. We will remain in the lower divisions whilst he is in charge of the purse strings.

Norman will only do what suits him, and his pocket. No more , no less. That's the way the man thinks. He likes the fact that the attention has been off him in the past few months, and focused on Aspin and the team. He's a manager's nightmare. We will remain in the lower divisions whilst he is in charge of the purse strings.

Actually HV, some certainty that we'll be in the lower leagues this time next year would make me feel a whole lot better but I know what you mean!

Archived