onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Chesterfield v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

The 833 fans who went yesterday should be given there money back for watching utter garbage yet again. I will say unless things improve 833 will be our high away following of the season apart from Crewe away. These last 2 results have probably knocked off a good 1000 or so fans off next weeks gate.

Scary thing is I think he's actually put together a somewhat inbalanced but perfectly decent side on paper that should be aiming for the play-offs this season. But Brown is a truly woeful manager, and will end up working on a building site within a few years as there's not a football club in the country who'd be silly enough to employ him once he has been sacked.

Scary thing is I think he's actually put together a somewhat inbalanced but perfectly decent side on paper that should be aiming for the play-offs this season. But Brown is a truly woeful manager, and will end up working on a building site within a few years as there's not a football club in the country who'd be silly enough to employ him once he has been sacked.

Think he's made enough money to not have work again. That's if he's invested his money better than he has the budget this season.

Just seen the extended highlights, their 1st goal was a result of a lack of communication and awarness of a new central defensive pairing, all 5 players in the defence are new to each other as are the two midfielders in front of them. The 2nd goal, the ball fell perfectly for their player to score, it could have gone anywhere off the bar.

Yesterday Vale missed someone who just sat in front of the back 4.

Objective media reports of the game said their first goal was against the run of play, I saw all the 2nd half and Vale matched Chesterfield in every way, physically, skill and endeavor. The view of Brown out is premature, he's assembling a good team with good players, give the guy some time he will come good.

Well well well Brown, having being prepared to wipe the slate clean after last season when i thought you were as equally culpable as Bruno i have now decided you are not up to the task.( though i posted this in January )

Would love to know your mindset, Turner scores 2 and though probably not yet ready he simply had to play. So what do you do Mr Brown, stick him on the wing and totally isolate Pope again. This against a Chesterfield team devoid of confidence and with dwindling crowds( like us ).

Thus a young lad looks out of his depth and offers nothing when in fact he was the ideal foil with his pace to run onto any knock ons or flicks from Pope.

Then incredibly you take off our liveliest player who you claim was tired. The crescendo of boos and ' you don't know what your'e doing' said it all.

The scenes at the end were not nice when the players came over. Frustration, apathy, call it what you want but the way we are playing is the worrying thing not the results. I can accept defeat what i can't accept is the same negative tactics and inability to change the mindset of a club of losers.

We could have 3 points and be unbeaten with 3 draws and maybe the picture would look different.

Also i appreciate it is still early days but i think Wycombe 2 Notts County 4 also speaks volumes for last weeks pathetic whimper. Wycombe have now conceded 8 in 3 games yet some on here painted them out to be world beaters.

They beat a mediocre/ poor team ......US

I didn't see or hear any commentary on the 1st half due to iFollow problems, I saw video of the 2nd half.

Vale matched Chesterfield in the 2nd half in every way and made as many if not more chances than them.

I go back to the point that only one Vale player who started most games last season started today's game, this is a completely new team and will take time to gell. MB knows the squad is lacking and is trying hard to sign more players, judge MB at the end of December.

We will be relegated by then. We are that bad

not a clue :(

how this club is run no manager will touch us

ANY other manager would have been sacked with a record like that.

Sent from my SM-G903F using the onevalefan mobile app

Just seen the extended highlights, their 1st goal was a result of a lack of communication and awarness of a new central defensive pairing, all 5 players in the defence are new to each other as are the two midfielders in front of them. The 2nd goal, the ball fell perfectly for their player to score, it could have gone anywhere off the bar.

Yesterday Vale missed someone who just sat in front of the back 4.

Objective media reports of the game said their first goal was against the run of play, I saw all the 2nd half and Vale matched Chesterfield in every way, physically, skill and endeavor. The view of Brown out is premature, he's assembling a good team with good players, give the guy some time he will come good.

First goal was offside but Smith lost his man. Also Tonge was in the wrong position blocking no pass whatsoever allowing their player to turn. Terrible defending.

Second goal the keeper shouldn't parry the ball into the middle of the box. They are taught thats as bad as conceeding from a young age these days.

Not huge errors but not good enough yet. We had some good chances in the first 30 mins and in the second we had a couple of half chances to pull the game back but were just not there.

Im sure this is tactics and not ability, so IF Brown can get those right we will be fine.

Does anyone think Reeves is anywhere near good enough? Don't want to get on the lads back as he's only young and may develop. However I've seen him many times now and he offers nothing.

Central midfield options are truly dreadful, even for this level.

He might develop into a decent player but he's not what we need now. We are very,very short in midfield but why De Freitas is the one sacrificed I don't know. We sorely missed his energy Saturday and for me, he has to start Saturday alongside Tonge.

Brown played the team I would have tried. For half an hour we looked good. There are good players in the squad and there's also a lot of players alongside the management who bring a lot of experience.

Sport is about winning performance and no doubt a repeat of Wycombe against Crewe next week makes things problematic and I hope that gives everyone focus.

But the great hero Micky Adams has shown how difficult a job that managing a club in trouble can be. Yes he turned round Port Vale but he could not stop Sheffield United getting relegated and was in charge for a long period when Tranmere when out of the league.

Tranmere currently have the ex Shrews boss in charge who has experience of gaining promotion but they too are in trouble presently and look unlikely to win the National League despite being favourites - at least at this time. So for me Brown needs the whole season and I would only change if we become entrenched in a relegation struggle. But I remain hopeful we can challenge for promotion.

Up at them on Saturday.

Does anyone think Reeves is anywhere near good enough? Don't want to get on the lads back as he's only young and may develop. However I've seen him many times now and he offers nothing.

Central midfield options are truly dreadful, even for this level.

I don't want to get on the lads back but.... I'll get on he lads back :smile:

You're going to get inconsistent performances from these young players. The same goes for Turner, Pyke, Hornby, Harness, Whitfield etc too.

First goal was offside but Smith lost his man. Also Tonge was in the wrong position blocking no pass whatsoever allowing their player to turn. Terrible defending.

I thought Whitfield and Reeves were also caught in front of the ball too. Some clever play from their forward who held Kay, but did Kay need to follow his man our wide to leave the gap? Maybe not. Could Wilson have come across quicker? No idea if their player was offside or not.

Archived