onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Chesterfield v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Tin hat at the ready but I've started to administer the last rites to port vale's league. status.

It's a poor league and the playing squad can definitely be put together to grind out enough points to be mid-table at least. The only worry for me is that we amble along in the lower half of the table and Brown stays on then we drop off at the end of the season and fall into the relegation zone when its too late to do anything about it.

I'm beginning to think we haven't learned anything from last season. Again it appears we've gone for quantity rather than quality with our budget. Again we have no presence in the central midfield area, no one who can control a game or drive us forward. I thought last season our downturn coincided with Sam Foley's absence through injury and we've never replaced him. I feel a long, hard season is on the cards.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Never thought Brown would excel tactically but I thought pride and determination would be in abundance but I thought wrong.

Exactly. You would think that, and Brown actually stated as much at the end of last season, that "his" team would show plenty of fight, determination and character, in the mould of how he played the game. There has been precious little of that on show, either last season or this.

As for his backup staff, Morgan in particular, seems to have been a coaching failure wherever he has been so far, while Kelly has had his fair share of jobs with what success?

It's a poor league and the playing squad can definitely be put together to grind out enough points to be mid-table at least. The only worry for me is that we amble along in the lower half of the table and Brown stays on then we drop off at the end of the season and fall into the relegation zone when its too late to do anything about it.

I don't think we will amble along in mid-table, to be honest. How many points are we going to get from our next 4 fixtures - Crewe and Notts County at home followed by Coventry and Luton away? Not many on our current form, that's for certain.

If we're still in single figures or, God forbid, still on 3 points, then Smurf will have a dilemma. Does he put his hand in his pocket and change the manager? Or, stumble on until it's too late and we find ourselves in a serious relegation battle?

My worry is he'll do nowt until it's too late, then put the price up to cover his losses. C'mon Norman, this is not going to go well. You should do the right thing while you can - sell and let someone with the resources and football know-how take over our proud local club.

Someone please wake me up from this ongoing nightmare :sad:

yes we all care but there is eff all we can do about it, norman is hell bent on getting us relegated again to pay us back for all the stick we've given him only then will honour be satisfied, he'll put us into admin then charge an exorbitant fee for us to use the ground which will virtually close us down remember he's great pals with those at blackpool.

I must admit I was expecting ugly, in your face football this season. Believed Brown would fill the team full of players ready to run through brick walls for him. Seems I was wrong.

I really don't think this squad is that bad, as I didnt like last seasons was either. I really believe its on the manager - his tactics and organisation.

I don't think we will amble along in mid-table, to be honest. How many points are we going to get from our next 4 fixtures - Crewe and Notts County at home followed by Coventry and Luton away? Not many on our current form, that's for certain.

If we're still in single figures or, God forbid, still on 3 points, then Smurf will have a dilemma. Does he put his hand in his pocket and change the manager? Or, stumble on until it's too late and we find ourselves in a serious relegation battle?

My worry is he'll do nowt until it's too late, then put the price up to cover his losses. C'mon Norman, this is not going to go well. You should do the right thing while you can - sell and let someone with the resources and football know-how take over our proud local club.

Someone please wake me up from this ongoing nightmare :sad:

It's never too late,ask Exeter City.

They managed to lose their first 5 home games last season and still managed to make the play-offs without changing their manager.

And yet Brown was getting rid of the spineless Bruno team. Don't make me laugh. He's just replaced like for like

No what's the common denominator - brown+brunos team = 2016/17. not good enough-relegated.

brown+browns team = 2017/18. not good enough-????

It's never too late,ask Exeter City.

They managed to lose their first 5 home games last season and still managed to make the play-offs without changing their manager.

Yes, but that was Tisdale - probably the longest serving manager in the league whereas we're stuck with a rookie manager with one of the worst track records in our long history. It couldn't be more different.

Archived