onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Paedophile coach at Crewe?

valeparklife

Advert

This is a deeply distressing story. There will be more victims of that we can be sure. I saw the John Bowler interview on Sky last night and was left distinctly underwhelmed. It is quite clear that young boys in the care of his football club suffered abuse and that information has been public knowledge for some considerable time.

For him to now say he wants "time" to investigate is wholly unacceptable, how much time is needed? The mumbled expression of what he thought was an apology was wholly unacceptable.

The sordid episode happened on his watch and as the leader of the organisation he has to show real leadership here and he has clearly failed to do so. Of course he cannot be everywhere, and cannot know everything. I know from my professional background in criminal justice how devious, cunning and manipulative sex offenders are and how difficult it is for anyone to track their activities at the time these events occurred.

However, the quality of communication, apology, leadership and attempts to make amendments shown to date by Mr Bowler fall significantly short of what we are entitled to expect. He needs some good advice in order to protect the reputation of Crewe Alexandra and he then needs to put into action the output of that advice.

Is it just that Bowler is covering his own ar*e.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/262734/abuse-crewe

Stoke fans have no idea the extent that Bennell was involved in their club. It was common knowledge in the early 90s he was earning about 70k a year from Stoke as their main youth coach, and earned an income from Stone Domino's too. I'm pretty sure the attention will head their way soon, not just Crewe's.

According to the Paul Stewart article i read in the Mirror earlier, Bennell and Stewart's coach who currently remains unnamed were part of a paedophile ring in North West football that includes at least one highly respected manager in the game. I think there's much more to come on this story in the next few days/weeks. We saw it with Saville, once one or two victims come forward, it empowers others to do likewise.

According to the Paul Stewart article i read in the Mirror earlier, Bennell and Stewart's coach who currently remains unnamed were part of a paedophile ring in North West football that includes at least one highly respected manager in the game. I think there's much more to come on this story in the next few days/weeks. We saw it with Saville, once one or two victims come forward, it empowers others to do likewise.

It will be very interesting to see who that "highly respected manager in the game" is:yes:

It is concerning that NONE of the local press/radio have said much apart from a cursory mention... you would have thought that a local story of such magnitude would merit a little more... perhaps they are afraid they may get dragged into the investigation... perhaps given they spend time at the clubs over and above the usual they are afraid of the finger of suspicion pointing in their direction... perhaps they knew more than they wanted to... who knows?... but someone should be asking the questions to open this can of despicable worms to the light of day.

Archived