onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Paedophile coach at Crewe?

valeparklife

The story of his arrest and conviction are here: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/ex-toon-youth-coach-facing-sex-1677460

So now we have Crewe, another un-named club in the North West and Newcastle being involved. In addition we have the other clubs where Bennell worked. This really is an astonishing can of worms.

Advert

The story of his arrest and conviction are here: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/ex-toon-youth-coach-facing-sex-1677460

So now we have Crewe, another un-named club in the North West and Newcastle being involved. In addition we have the other clubs where Bennell worked. This really is an astonishing can of worms.

Possibly a ring of abusers?

Playing youth football around the area during the 1990s it was widely talked about that if you joined Crewe "you had to go for sleepovers at Dario's house" with more than an subtle hint that you were likely to be subjected to abuse. Granted this was down the grapevine and could have been miscomunicated from what is now known to be Bennetts crimes but for Dario to not have had any idea of what went on is hard to believe

Harrowing interviews on Victoria Derbyshire BBC2.

Grown men in tears,hopefully something will be done to avoid this in the future.

Very Brave.

Just watching it blackdog.Crewe have so badly let these lads down.One said that senior players,management and people at the top at Crewe must have known.

More players have come out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38093421

Its hard to believe that whispers of what was going on weren't heard by other people at the clubs involved. But that has to be proven somehow.

But I can't get my head round the parents and clubs letting kids stay over at a coachs house, that just doesn't sound normal in any sense.

I think its a forgone conclusion that Bennel will be arrested again for these historical cases. But its only the tip of the iceberg for the investigation.

Just watching it blackdog.Crewe have so badly let these lads down.One said that senior players,management and people at the top at Crewe must have known.

It was horrible viewing, the spotlight is well and truly on Crewe now despite Peter Morse saying the press were dragging the good name of Crewe into the gutter.

I wonder if Stoke will launch an investigation in the same way that Manchester City have ?

In response to a previous comment I made on this thread...

To be fair to the Crewe Chronicle they now have several articles about this issue on the front page of their website. I said earlier on that I was amazed it wasn't being covered in the local press so to be fair to the Chronicle it does look like they are treating this seriously now.

Archived