onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf disgusted with 'away only' Vale fans.

JYVALE

For a bit of fun and as I didn't get chance to reply to your post on the match thread yesterday, saw another talented Welshman last night, Bryn Terfel, absolutely magical.

Not my cup of Horlicks, but as long as you enjoyed yourself that's all that matters. :D

Advert

Far to much sense in that post. The guy's passionate, he sometimes shoots from the hip but give him his due as you say he puts his money where his mouth is, we've had a few to many "slick" operators at Vale park recently.

Probably learned his PR skills from Micky.

I had no choice but to make my merchandise offer more attractive, either in terms of the selection or prices. Stop moaning Norman and become more pro-active in trying to attract more 'customers' whether through the turnstiles and/or in any of the merchandise/marketing areas of potential revenue. I am grateful that he bought the club out of receivership, but some of his messages make me wonder how he made any money in the first place. Some of these utterings do not sound like a man that understands the needs and mechanics of a consumer-facing business nor the product he is trying to 'sell!'

I think what has annoyed a lot of the people is the shambolic defending.Not a single clean sheet all season (till yesterday)The defence has been a problem for ages but both Adams & Page did very little to sort it out.They still stuck with the same system & same people.Even yesterday when the team news filtered through down town in the pubs people were amazed,bewildered because the same old favourites STILL got their place.Had something been done about the shambolic defending then I would expect that there would have been more through the turnstiles.But it isn't just pay on the gate fan's that have missed game's as I'm sure that there have been season ticket holders that missed games such as Tuesday simply because they had no faith in the team keeping a clean sheet.Add to that the lack of faith the bad weather.Some (including ST holders)would have just decided that its not worth rushing home from work.Either throw your tea down your neck as quick as possible or even do without any tea.Only to see the same shambolic defence do exactly the same.At the same time wondering why the loan players are not getting any game time.

A few changes yesterday at half time made a huge difference.These are the changes that a lot of people have wanted to see for a while.

I think what has annoyed a lot of the people is the shambolic defending.Not a single clean sheet all season (till yesterday)The defence has been a problem for ages but both Adams & Page did very little to sort it out.They still stuck with the same system & same people.Even yesterday when the team news filtered through down town in the pubs people were amazed,bewildered because the same old favourites STILL got their place.Had something been done about the shambolic defending then I would expect that there would have been more through the turnstiles.But it isn't just pay on the gate fan's that have missed game's as I'm sure that there have been season ticket holders that missed games such as Tuesday simply because they had no faith in the team keeping a clean sheet.Add to that the lack of faith the bad weather.Some (including ST holders)would have just decided that its not worth rushing home from work.Either throw your tea down your neck as quick as possible or even do without any tea.Only to see the same shambolic defence do exactly the same.At the same time wondering why the loan players are not getting any game time.

A few changes yesterday at half time made a huge difference.These are the changes that a lot of people have wanted to see for a while.

Agree, the bloke that sits behind me in the Bycars said,if he had seen the team before he got to the ground he would have stayed at home.

smurf knows as much about football as he does running a commercial business absolutely chuff

He amazes me that he still does it all by himself and now he will appoint a manager in page he can take on shopping trips for youth players. Smurf wants to run every aspect of port vale.

Same catering absolute garbage that runs out nothing for kids on offer

Bigger club shop still missing the same commercial opportunities as the run in to last christmas

No offers on ticket prices

No corporate offer

Tommys still the same

Smurf it's all about a " match day experience " these days. The football has been dire and the experience is worse

Have a look in the mirror you allegedly have pumped money in but you have no clue how to make it back or please the fans

Invest in a for sale sign you clown

smurf knows as much about football as he does running a commercial business absolutely chuff

He amazes me that he still does it all by himself and now he will appoint a manager in page he can take on shopping trips for youth players. Smurf wants to run every aspect of port vale.

Same catering absolute garbage that runs out nothing for kids on offer

Bigger club shop still missing the same commercial opportunities as the run in to last christmas

No offers on ticket prices

No corporate offer

Tommys still the same

Smurf it's all about a " match day experience " these days. The football has been dire and the experience is worse

Have a look in the mirror you allegedly have pumped money in but you have no clue how to make it back or please the fans

Invest in a for sale sign you clown

i feel pretty sure that Smurf has more than enough business acumen than to follow your business strategy.

Far to much sense in that post. The guy's passionate, he sometimes shoots from the hip but give him his due as you say he puts his money where his mouth is, we've had a few to many "slick" operators at Vale park recently.

Quite right. I agree completly with smurf.

how on earth can a vale fan prefer to go 2 away games?

well said smurf

I'm happy to accept Smurf's 'passion' provided we have the performances (and the results) to match. He'll find it more difficult if he's slagging off his customers and we're not winning games.

So actually winning the game is not your primary reason for going then?

The hard core 3k-4k would turn up to a match even if was purgatory... the rest will turn up if its enjoyable, even if they lose... the 3k-4k are not the problem, most have already paid so it doesnt matter financially if they turn up or not... the 3k-4k are not enough.

It was always a bonus when they won but as long as it was enjoyable I would be there... when it stopped being enjoyable I took a break, even though I had a season ticket.... smurf wants/needs more people to come through the gate... alienating or berating them wont get them in, offering them something they choose to spend their money on just might and may even get them coming back... we have to move away from the "supporters buy season tickets because thats what they do" attitude... supporters are no longer the working class sheep they once were... the close knit communities that drew people together in common support are no longer there... the days of supporters going vale one week and stoke the next are over...

Archived