onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf disgusted with 'away only' Vale fans.

JYVALE

Advert

I do agree with one or two points, but from a certain perspective he just looks like an absolute *****.

I go to both, but I can absolutely understand there might be a fair few people who don't want to always sit in what can be a non-atmospheric hole at times, and maybe they want to go travelling and enjoy it, so why the **** not?

Also should be mentioned that if true this is potential extra fan base, so instead of Smurf acting like a baby and shredding potential customers, he could put that effort into trying to come up with something constructive to try and draw them in and make them home and away?

For me a decent away following should be praised not criticized, regardless of how many home and away games they go.

Do people really have such short memories? Cast your minds back - we very nearly didn't have a club, we were near the bottom of league 2 playing awful football. Do we really want to go back to those dark days? Yes Smurf is the king of PR gaffs but can anyone really say he's not putting his money where his mouth is? We'd have gladly taken where we are now 2/3 years ago and many said they'd do whatever it takes to see their beloved Vale stay in existence. Of course we live in a low income area but let's try and do our best to do our part in supporting our great club as often as we 'possibly' can. After all we're lucky to still have it.

It's yet another blunder from smurf. I understand he's putting a lot into vale and he's been brilliant for doing that. However there are far better ways of going around this point than to slag off the fans. Typical and silly.

Then again there are several Valiants who name call NS without a second thought (not referring to you btw).

Pathetic Statement from our PR guru. I for one go more away games than home.

1. A 7 hour round trip to vale park every Saturday or night match does not entice me all the time.

2. The cost for individual games at VP has got a bearing.

But I do make the trip and will never, never and I repeat never support Stoke. I will continue to support the Vale home and away long after Smurf has moved on.

If people prefer to go to away games its their choice, its not compulsory to attend home games no matter how much others think it might/should be... not even smurf... if thats what they want to do they will do it... the trick is to make them want to spend money at vale... perhaps smurf should ask wildes? he seems to know how to get people to spend their money on vale park :sums: :ohmy:

Our comedy chairman strikes again, The stupid idea to charge late walk ups a extra 3 quid in a economically depressed area like Stoke beggars belief, although that last pint tax has now been removed matters little the damage has been done. My match day routine has remained largely unchanchanged for 30 odd years and given the choice between a last pint in the town with 6 mates before a wobble up to the ground or a early seat in a wet seat with extortionate prices for warm beer and crap cardboard pies, all it did was persuade me and my mates to stay in the pub on at least 2 games this season, I am aware of others who haven't been since it was introduced and are now in the habit of staying away. What Smurf needs to do is get fans back into the ground and get them into the habit again maybe a couple of cheap matches may do it. The public insulting of fans will achieve one thing, even more stay way fans.

When MOLD were in, I realize some just did away games to spite them. However, for locals to do it now, I'd agree with Smurf. Mind you, a season ticket at Stoke is only a few quid more than one at Vale. They haven't put their season ticket prices up for the last 6 years. Now, that's an idea.

Norman is telling it how it is and deserves praise. What he was saying is that all fans should support there team or go elsewhere, you're either a loyal supporter or not! With travelling expenses it is still cheaper to go to a home game than an away one so get behind your team.

Personally I think the ticket prices are about right for home games.

Archived