onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf disgusted with 'away only' Vale fans.

JYVALE

When MOLD were in, I realize some just did away games to spite them. However, for locals to do it now, I'd agree with Smurf. Mind you, a season ticket at Stoke is only a few quid more than one at Vale. They haven't put their season ticket prices up for the last 6 years. Now, that's an idea.

They could let people in for free with the TV money they get. Gate receipts aren't their main source of income. Ours is. By a mile. It's a stupid comparison to make. If the fans want a bigger playing budget, we have to make more money to cover the costs.

Advert

Norman is telling it how it is and deserves praise. What he was saying is that all fans should support there team or go elsewhere, you're either a loyal supporter or not! With travelling expenses it is still cheaper to go to a home game than an away one so get behind your team.

Personally I think the ticket prices are about right for home games.

I dont think smurf is saying anything about supporting the team... he is suggesting [to me at least] that he wants supporters to give him the money so he can support the team... if we have a hard core of 3.5K - 4K supporters then thats it... thats what he has like it or not... the rest may be classed as none supporters if you say so but without them he sinks and vale get into choppy waters again... if he doesnt want the fair weather fans, and there are quite a few of them, he should abandon any ticket sales except season tickets... hes not likely to do it no matter how much he may berate them publicly... quite simply if he has to depend on the hard core alone he loses a packet which he wont recoup from renting the ground... all he has to do is stop prating around on social media, keep his gob shut and get on with doing whichever job he is doing at the time

Norman is telling it how it is and deserves praise. What he was saying is that all fans should support there team or go elsewhere, you're either a loyal supporter or not! With travelling expenses it is still cheaper to go to a home game than an away one so get behind your team.

Personally I think the ticket prices are about right for home games.

Ticket price is 3rd highest in division 1, so that may be a clue. Whether he's right or wrong, no level-headed businessman can afford to alienate his customers! My previous business was in retailing. Sure I used not to like my customers deserting me to go to another retailer, but instead of moaning, I had no choice but to make my merchandise offer more attractive, either in terms of the selection or prices. Stop moaning Norman and become more pro-active in trying to attract more 'customers' whether through the turnstiles and/or in any of the merchandise/marketing areas of potential revenue. I am grateful that he bought the club out of receivership, but some of his messages make me wonder how he made any money in the first place. Some of these utterings do not sound like a man that understands the needs and mechanics of a consumer-facing business nor the product he is trying to 'sell!'

He needs to realise that form and league position has just as big a bearing on attendance as the cost.

If the team is pushing towards the top end of the table it'll put at least a thousand on the gate.

He needs to market the offers better. How many know of the 10 match bundle deal?

If he starts to threaten a league 2 budget, then I'm afraid even the diehards may threaten to have a rethink on attending.

Ranting won't get the fans in. Building a buzz and enticing is the way to go.

Instead of telling them to **** off, why not question the reasons they stay away? Look at the match day experience? Look at any alternatives and positive ways to bring them in, making it harder to justify staying away from VP?

Vale fans have always gone away in numbers, think we just enjoy a day out and an opportunity to get out of Stoke on Trent for the day!

SVA is very popular for many fans and the people who arrange the travel plus a lot of fans enjoy the experience of visiting new grounds.

He needs to realise that form and league position has just as big a bearing on attendance as the cost.

If the team is pushing towards the top end of the table it'll put at least a thousand on the gate.

He needs to market the offers better. How many know of the 10 match bundle deal?

If he starts to threaten a league 2 budget, then I'm afraid even the diehards may threaten to have a rethink on attending.

That's exactly what I mean by saying the offer has to be more attractive, whether it's the excitement on the pitch or the price to watch--or preferably both, all have a bearing on whether or not 'customers' (i.e. fans) decide to spend their hard-earned money!

Pathetic Statement from our PR guru. I for one go more away games than home.

1. A 7 hour round trip to vale park every Saturday or night match does not entice me all the time.

2. The cost for individual games at VP has got a bearing.

But I do make the trip and will never, never and I repeat never support Stoke. I will continue to support the Vale home and away long after Smurf has moved on.

He's not talking to people like you, he's talking to people that live locally and have said to him 'I'm not going to go to home games' or whatever.

I really do think this has been taken out of proportion, from Radio Stoke who don't seem to like Norm, and then a selection of our fan base, that has forgotten how far we've come over the last couple of years.

He may not be the best speaker but you can't say he doesn't put his money where his mouth is. It's his money, his club. He doesn't have to be so honest with us but he probably is purely because we not long ago we were asking for a more openly communicative club.

Not everything he says is music to my ears. I am particularly, not so much concerned as intrigued, by the fact that he seems to be wheeling dealing with regards to players. However, Slew was an Adams man, and Zubar, N'Guessan and even Streete (who Page took Norm to watch) as all Page signings. The other players [Harry P and Greenidge] are for us to look at an evaluate for the future, so all in all I again think this is something that has been taken out of proportion.

Overall, I do like Smurf. He does listen to the fans, and puts his money where his mouth is. I respect his honesty and don't have much problem with what he says. ever.

When MOLD were in, I realize some just did away games to spite them. However, for locals to do it now, I'd agree with Smurf. Mind you, a season ticket at Stoke is only a few quid more than one at Vale. They haven't put their season ticket prices up for the last 6 years. Now, that's an idea.

They can afford to do it they receive 70 million every season that is why the fans get free travel to away matches aswell if they dropped down the league they would soon change that .

He's not talking to people like you, he's talking to people that live locally and have said to him 'I'm not going to go to home games' or whatever.

I really do think this has been taken out of proportion, from Radio Stoke who don't seem to like Norm, and then a selection of our fan base, that has forgotten how far we've come over the last couple of years.

He may not be the best speaker but you can't say he doesn't put his money where his mouth is. It's his money, his club. He doesn't have to be so honest with us but he probably is purely because we not long ago we were asking for a more openly communicative club.

Not everything he says is music to my ears. I am particularly, not so much concerned as intrigued, by the fact that he seems to be wheeling dealing with regards to players. However, Slew was an Adams man, and Zubar, N'Guessan and even Streete (who Page took Norm to watch) as all Page signings. The other players [Harry P and Greenidge] are for us to look at an evaluate for the future, so all in all I again think this is something that has been taken out of proportion.

Overall, I do like Smurf. He does listen to the fans, and puts his money where his mouth is. I respect his honesty and don't have much problem with what he says. ever.

Far to much sense in that post. The guy's passionate, he sometimes shoots from the hip but give him his due as you say he puts his money where his mouth is, we've had a few to many "slick" operators at Vale park recently.

This die hard fan will never stop attending the vale where ever we end up its our club now get behind them and support them no matter what.

Maybe he should have said 'Go and support Liverpool' ?

By the way, how was your prediction on the Bindippers v Real Madrid match, did you write that on a postage stamp too ?

It's so amusing that I angered you so much that you now respond to every single post that I make here. :D

You sad, sad little man.

Some people on this site need to have a good look in the mirror. If Port Vale/football in general is the only thing you have in your sad lives then I actually pity you. There's a whole world out there to be explored, lots of new things to discover. Snarling and foaming at the mouth in the stands over 22 blokes kicking a ball around a football pitch for 90 minutes is pretty damn sad when you think about it. Hence the multiple dislikes from those very people. Sad acts. :D

Some people on this site need to have a good look in the mirror. If Port Vale/football in general is the only thing you have in your sad lives then I actually pity you. There's a whole world out there to be explored, lots of new things to discover. Snarling and foaming at the mouth in the stands over 22 blokes kicking a ball around a football pitch for 90 minutes is pretty damn sad when you think about it. Hence the multiple dislikes from those very people. Sad acts. :D

For a bit of fun and as I didn't get chance to reply to your post on the match thread yesterday, saw another talented Welshman last night, Bryn Terfel, absolutely magical.

Archived