onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf disgusted with 'away only' Vale fans.

JYVALE

Advert

Vale park isnt the most welcoming place in the world, the catering sucks, the atmosphere is often grim and cold, the staff seem to begrudge service and it almost feels like they are doing you a favour taking your cash for disturbing them... its no wonder some enjoy traveling to away grounds more than home games

Yeah because Crewe for example is amazing!!!! :(

Is that the only place you have been to?... although it was a great atmosphere the last time I went

FOR EXAMPLE I said ;)

Great atmosphere created by Vale fans, not the crappy ground and poor facilities. There is actually more of us at home games in a better stadium ;)

Other grounds - Gillingham, Macc, Luton, Leyton Orient, Wimbledon where I have been I recent times that spring to mind as being much poorer.

No one who supports PVFC is under any obligation to do anything for the club but he's entitled to his opinion; would have been better to ask fans why they do this and then consider what the club can do about it to attract them to home games than mouth off his disgust with people who choose to spend their money how they wish to.

What he was saying is that all fans should support there team or go elsewhere, you're either a loyal supporter or not!

What a load of rubbish..as a fan you do what you want to do and spend what you want to spend where and when you want to spend it..not for anyone else to tell anyone what they should be doing. Up to the Vale to entice the fanbase to come and watch games by all means available.

No one who supports PVFC is under any obligation to do anything for the club but he's entitled to his opinion; would have been better to ask fans why they do this and then consider what the club can do about it to attract them to home games than mouth off his disgust with people who choose to spend their money how they wish to.

I have to agree with this. I am a season ticket holder and attend loads of away games too as I am fortunate enough to be able to support my Team without thinking about the finances. I also admire what Norm has done, and is continuing to do for Vale but I have to throw my six pennyworth into this by admitting Norm has no divine position to dictate to fans who may wish to enjoy away games only! Personal choice, for whatever reason is down to the individual. You may question why some people do want to not attend home games but you cannot state that people are not welcome at Vale Park! Got this so wrong Norm.

If I and other similar belief fans who normally stand up for you Norm, disagree 100% on this particular view point hopefully you will, in the cold light of day accept you have "put your foot in your mouth again" and respectfully withdraw your "spout." Passion is one thing, alienating prospective future paying customers is another. I repeat got this so wrong Norm.

FOR EXAMPLE I said ;)

Great atmosphere created by Vale fans, not the crappy ground and poor facilities. There is actually more of us at home games in a better stadium ;)

Other grounds - Gillingham, Macc, Luton, Leyton Orient, Wimbledon where I have been I recent times that spring to mind as being much poorer.

in your opinion.... others may disagree.... would you tell them how to spend their money?

I go to both but prefer away games a lot more. Nothing to do with the value for money but for me its more of a day out rather than just a 90min game and something different

It's like having the wife for 23 years and having a choice of 23 others, but home support is vital.

in your opinion.... others may disagree.... would you tell them how to spend their money?

Entirely up to them.

The chairman is simply making his feelings known on the issue and it's understandable as a view point when someone like him who isn't a Vale fan is pumping in more than anyone has and potentially some Vale fans actually would rather financially support the opposition.

Archived