onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf disgusted with 'away only' Vale fans.

JYVALE

Didn't see a thread on the latest ridiculous outburst from our chairman, but a Pre match interview with Norman saw him tell fans to go and support Stoke if they are only going to attend away matches due to prices.

I think he is a clown. Does anyone agree with this statement?

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Chairman-says-Stoke-City/story-23515240-detail/story.html

Advert

I wasn't aware there were people who did this but either way, he isn't exactly reaching out to these customers.

Neither did I to be honest, surely the day as a whole would cost more than watching a home match? I'd like to know where he has this information from...

Smurf-

You cannot blame supporters for staying away from Vale park when you charge the earth for admission- and if people want to watch Vale away and go the odd home game that is their choice...and one other thing...you might be the owner but these fans who are cherry picking their games were supporting and putting monies into the club a long time before YOU arrived on the scene.

Wind your ******** neck in and start to reach out properly to fans who dont go...invite them to meetings instead of these verbal attacks- and just remember we are your customers

Neither did I to be honest, surely the day as a whole would cost more than watching a home match? I'd like to know where he has this information from...
Depends where people live, as you say if locals it does not make sense. Of course, such as myself living 70 odd miles away the economics are different, and even futher away visits to Vale Park maybe fewer than to away grounds. But then travel/petrol costs greatly outway admission price differences, which is not a decision point, but really an opportunity to watch the Vale without spending a lot of time and money. Nothing Norman does about pricing will change this, after all football has to be paid for like anything else, people decide what to buy, and that is it.

Smurf-

You cannot blame supporters for staying away from Vale park when you charge the earth for admission- and if people want to watch Vale away and go the odd home game that is their choice...and one other thing...you might be the owner but these fans who are cherry picking their games were supporting and putting monies into the cub a long time before YOU arrived on the scene.

Wind your ******** neck in and start to reach out properly to fans who dont go...invite them to meetings instead of these verbal attacks- and just remember we are your customers

Great Post.

Smurf-

You cannot blame supporters for staying away from Vale park when you charge the earth for admission- and if people want to watch Vale away and go the odd home game that is their choice...and one other thing...you might be the owner but these fans who are cherry picking their games were supporting and putting monies into the club a long time before YOU arrived on the scene.

What would your admission prices be then?

norman, dunner tek notice of thayse miserable ewd buggers, o most on em con do is sit in a pub and chew their fat,way all no that them north of the city are o dubious minded , theyne bit lark that sin the funt coal under the bycars and digging up the loop line anner elped sooo tek no notice on em:razz:

Im not sure I believe a large number of fans choose to go to away matches but miss home matches. I can believe that a number of fans, who live far and wide, may choose to attend the ground closest to them when vale play there instead of traveling to vale park, possibly because they cant afford to attend every match.....

If however some people choose to attend away matches because the atmosphere is better, the food is better and it doesnt run out before half time, the company is better, the overall experience is more enjoyable or for whatever reason they may choose... its their choice... its their money... get over it or change vale park to an experience they enjoy more than away grounds

Smurf-

No he doesn't he charges largely the same as other teams in the league. Therefore it's costing these possible fans more with the potential costs of travel etc.

He's right in what he says if there are such fans, although he didn't need to be so controversial in the way he said it.

If it is true they don't offer anything viable to the club he's right, telling them to go and support Stoke is odd though, don't even wish that on TP and Wezza.

That sort of wording is akin to the fools who tell people to **** off back to the oatcake!

It would be interesting to see the statistics from what he based this claim about they would rather go away games than go to Vale park.Or has he just based this claim on something that someone has said in a rant on here,PVO,Sentinel,RS,etc.Due to the frustration of the team not being able to go a full game game without conceding a goal.All these loan players being bought in but not getting a game.Same people being pick although being responsible for conceding these goals.Im guessing that it IS based on something that has been said and it is nothing more than that.

No he doesn't he charges largely the same as other teams in the league. Therefore it's costing these possible fans more with the potential costs of travel etc.

He's right in what he says if there are such fans, although he didn't need to be so controversial in the way he said it.

If it is true they don't offer anything viable to the club he's right, telling them to go and support Stoke is odd though, don't even wish that on TP and Wezza.

That sort of wording is akin to the fools who tell people to **** off back to the oatcake!

If smurf does what he wants with his money isnt it right and fair that fans get to choose what they do with their money?

If fans choose to go to away games its their choice... if [and its a big IF he picked up on social media outlets] they choose not to attend home games it is still their choice.

He has the right to voice his opinion, however much damage it may do, but it may be a better option to stay away from opinion orientated social media sites and therefore avoid the opportunity to shoot himself in the foot whilst firing from the hip.

Sorry, but at times he can be a grade A wand and what he knows about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

Personally speaking, in the past I've much preferred to attend Vale away games than those at home when I've not had the money for both or due to other commitments I've had to make a choice between going one weekend and not the other. It's a much better atmosphere and I make it a day out, win, lose or draw.

Smurthwaite, fair play to the bloke for putting his money into the club, but he comes across as a little **** and should also invest a small portion of his money on a PR course.

Archived