onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf disgusted with 'away only' Vale fans.

JYVALE

Advert

The sad reality is we have a hardcore of around 3,000 to 3,500 fans with another 2,000 to 3,000 fair weather supporters that will come when they want.

Promotions the chairman has run haven't worked and have been generally regarded as good value.

What the club need to do is look at new fans through community work and 'bring a mate to increase the gate' which would benefit all 3 parties as I outlined previously.

I dont disagree with your post... but again if the experience isnt value for money or enjoyable they wont come back... sadly a football game is no longer just that... its a day out, and if there are problems with the experience they wont return... when I go out for a meal its not just the food that Im buying into, if the service is rubbish, the attitude of the staff is off or there is very little left of the menu I wont be going back... its all included in the price

Sorry but that's madness in this day and age. Ticket prices like this wouldn't even attract enough extra fans make up the shortfall in reducing prices.

You would be surprised what a difference a drop of £5 would do. It's not just the ticket price for the match- you have to consider food, drink, cost of travel. programme ect ect

The 3000 plus fans are out there- they just need to be given a better deal- £20 plus is too much im afraid.

You have to consider people with families- they are the ones who suffer most too much emphasis put on fans who dont have kids to pay for- another slate against NS and his lack of community consideration.

That suggestion of Carl's is business suicide, up there with Skinty. You don't drop your prices to attract more customers even though you will never make up the deficit it will create. I'd love to hear a business owner / Director support it.

It's easy to be frivelrous with someone else's money.

I totally agree. All clubs in the lower divisions have a hard core of supporters plus a number of 'floating voters'. Dropping the prices to £10 for arguments sake may encourage the stay away fans to come back but this would be counter productive because less income would be generated as a result. People won't walk in off the street because of the cheap entrance fee.Football is a bit like marmite.You either love it or hate it. You could offer to pay most people to go and watch a football match and they'd turn you down.I think the Premiership is a bit different because football fans will go to watch a local team not particularly because they are die hard supporters but because of the quality of football on offer. I'm sure this is the case at Stoke. If they were ever relegated to the Championship a large proportion of their support would evaporate. On the opposite side of the coin, I feel sure that if we were entertaining the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd every other week we'd be getting near capacity crowds.

I do understand where the chairman is coming from but the way he says things is shocking. It is true that as Vale don't get any of the away gate receipts then any away only fan isn't putting anything into Port Vale's coffers but to lambast them the way he does so often is a PR disaster. Why he can't explain his thoughts in a more level headed manner explaining the reasoning behind his disappointment.

The major problem is money, we in this area aren't blessed with much of this and it costs a big percentage of the weekly budget to watch football especially both home and away and like many fans consider an away game is often a more attractive experience enjoying a day out with friends and often paying less to watch the actual game.

He is right in what he says. Maybe could have used different words, but the point he is making is spot on. We need more fans to come to games.

There is always an excuse for some people not to attend - today someone on P&G said he's not going again until he plays all the loan players! What kind if logic is that?

If people chose not to attend due to cost, work or the fact that simply don't want to, then fair enough. The people not coming now & having a moan are probably the same people who said I'm not going again until bell/Rudge/Horton/Foyle/glover/Bratt/Sinnot/Gannon etc have gone.

We are just off the back of our best finish in 10 years. Yes we've had a slow start, but why have we lost 1500 fans? No doubt during our next run of good form they will come back singing Vale till I die......

It appears to me that Mr Smurf cannot seem to say anything constructive apart from outbursts knocking our own supporters, don't forget we are the people that put money into the club.also where does he get his information from,it's the supporters choice to go when and where they please it's there money not yours,We are not answerable to YOU!

in the last few seasons i've spent more than the cost of a home season ticket watching the vale easily. yet i've never had a season ticket.

i go to around 15-20 games a season. i pick and choose which games i go to and it will always be that way. maybe one season i'll decide i want a season ticket, who knows.

the split on how many home and how many away games falls down to when the fixtures fall really and what teams are in the league that are local to me etc. (i've been to dagenham, cheltenham, wycombe, oxford etc, however if there are lots of north west teams in our league in a particular eason then my number of away games will probably increase)

i never go to only away games - and last season i probably went to more home than away. but in seasons prior to that it was more 11-12 away and 5-6 home games.

i enjoy away games more, for numerous reasons. if smurf wants people to attend more home games he needs to make it more attractive to fans, not tell them to go watch stoke, **** him

in the last few seasons i've spent more than the cost of a home season ticket watching the vale easily. yet i've never had a season ticket.

i go to around 15-20 games a season. i pick and choose which games i go to and it will always be that way. maybe one season i'll decide i want a season ticket, who knows.

the split on how many home and how many away games falls down to when the fixtures fall really and what teams are in the league that are local to me etc. (i've been to dagenham, cheltenham, wycombe, oxford etc, however if there are lots of north west teams in our league in a particular eason then my number of away games will probably increase)

i never go to only away games - and last season i probably went to more home than away. but in seasons prior to that it was more 11-12 away and 5-6 home games.

i enjoy away games more, for numerous reasons. if smurf wants people to attend more home games he needs to make it more attractive to fans, not tell them to go watch stoke, **** him

If you go to home games his issue isn't with you.

Archived