onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf disgusted with 'away only' Vale fans.

JYVALE

Sorry, but at times he can be a grade A wand and what he knows about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

Personally speaking, in the past I've much preferred to attend Vale away games than those at home when I've not had the money for both or due to other commitments I've had to make a choice between going one weekend and not the other. It's a much better atmosphere and I make it a day out, win, lose or draw.

Smurthwaite, fair play to the bloke for putting his money into the club, but he comes across as a little **** and should also invest a small portion of his money on a PR course.

Maybe he should have said 'Go and support Liverpool' ?

By the way, how was your prediction on the Bindippers v Real Madrid match, did you write that on a postage stamp too ?

Advert

It would be interesting to see the statistics from what he based this claim about they would rather go away games than go to Vale park.Or has he just based this claim on something that someone has said in a rant on here,PVO,Sentinel,RS,etc.Due to the frustration of the team not being able to go a full game game without conceding a goal.All these loan players being bought in but not getting a game.Same people being pick although being responsible for conceding these goals.Im guessing that it IS based on something that has been said and it is nothing more than that.

My interpretation of the Sentinel report is one of Smurf responding to the chatter on social media e.g. someone stating they would prefer to watch Vale play at Crewe, but not attend Vale Park. That is: no data was gathered over time.

In this regard Smurf was simply responding and offering his opinion. No more, no less.

Then again, what do I know, I walk upside down :)

My interpretation of the Sentinel report is one of Smurf responding to the chatter on social media e.g. someone stating they would prefer to watch Vale play at Crewe, but not attend Vale Park. That is: no data was gathered over time.

In this regard Smurf was simply responding and offering his opinion. No more, no less.

Me too Barry and that's the way I see it. Don't know what people are getting offended by.

I have no problem with him offering an opinion Barry, its sad he didnt go further and ask why some [possibly] find the match day experience better away from home than at vale park... if supporters find the experience of watching vale better away from home it would/should trigger questions regarding the home game experience.... which in its self could/should/may lead to inducing others to attend.... perhaps even regularly.

My infrequent visits to the hallowed ground havent been particularly pleasant ones [match/game/result/performance excluded]

Sorry but that's madness in this day and age. Ticket prices like this wouldn't even attract enough extra fans make up the shortfall in reducing prices.

I think it should be more about value for money [the whole experience] no matter what the cost is... if people feel its not value they wont come or will choose something else to do with their families

Prices that would leave you with enough change out of £20 to buy you a pie and drink

If you included other costs [travel etc] it would reduce the price to lower than a season ticket per match... I think 20 quid should be the maximum average cost of entry but the whole match day experience should be improved.

I think it should be more about value for money [the whole experience] no matter what the cost is... if people feel its not value they wont come or will choose something else to do with their families

That suggestion of Carl's is business suicide, up there with Skinty. You don't drop your prices to attract more customers even though you will never make up the deficit it will create. I'd love to hear a business owner / Director support it.

It's easy to be frivelrous with someone else's money.

That suggestion of Carl's is business suicide, up there with Skinty. You don't drop your prices to attract more customers even though you will never make up the deficit it will create. I'd love to hear a business owner / Director support it.

It's easy to be frivelrous with someone else's money.

That would surely depend on the circumstances of the business and what it was selling.... lost leaders?... sales?... bulk buys [season tickets]?

If you included other costs [travel etc] it would reduce the price to lower than a season ticket per match... I think 20 quid should be the maximum average cost of entry but the whole match day experience should be improved.

This would mean you would have to reduce all other ticket prices too though including ST's, the cost to the club could be horrendous.

This would mean you would have to reduce all other ticket prices too though including ST's' date=' the cost to the club could be horrendous.[/quote']

I did say 20 quid admission [average]..... excluding season tickets which are to cheap anyway its an acceptable price on the eye... but without improving the quality of the experience its still not value for money

That would surely depend on the circumstances of the business and what it was selling.... lost leaders?... sales?... bulk buys [season tickets]?

The sad reality is we have a hardcore of around 3,000 to 3,500 fans with another 2,000 to 3,000 fair weather supporters that will come when they want.

Promotions the chairman has run haven't worked and have been generally regarded as good value.

What the club need to do is look at new fans through community work and 'bring a mate to increase the gate' which would benefit all 3 parties as I outlined previously.

Archived