onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (H) match thread Sat Aug 12th

Osh

11 hours ago, londonvale said:

I have 52 although I think some are duplicates or have gone...

Back on topic...due, and despite rail strikes/overtime bans/engineering works/Avanti, looking forward to first home game since swindle...longest I've gone since supporting vale between home games. Although leaving Pompey at 05:21 return at 22:45 isn't the best!

Just hope we turn up...not convinced we have the players to stay up yet...Carroll and Smith...be better than the Joshua fight..

I’m sure Smith wants new teammates but I don’t think he’d hit his boss, much less a female as a result …

Advert

7 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Reading will be wanting to hit us hard straight from the off.

I am not expecting them to be low on confidence that you would normally expect from a team who have not had a win in 14 league games.

That midweek 4-0 win away to Millwall will change there mindset in a very positive way for them

21 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

Thinks it bull m8 just read down the comments 1000 plus .

Yes hoping the hamils nearly sold out .

In fact I would be surprised if it isn't 

Plenty of empty seats left in the Hamil, think the 7_0 has probably put a few off.

Andy Carroll, if he plays, has always been a handful as he attacks the ball in the box and the zonal marking system, if employed, will be a sitting duck for him. Vale can't allow Reading time and space to deliver pin point crosses and feed Carroll either. 

I'd have Yak and one other Vale player man marking Carroll, particularly at set pieces, one in front one behind. AC no doubt will have plans to mark Carroll when he's on the pitch, it's gonna be intriguing watching AC's plans/tactics on this one.

A win for Vale tomorrow will be another step to showing the Barnsley game was an aberration.

Archived