onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (H) match thread Sat Aug 12th

Osh

Advert

3 hours ago, mbycars said:

Hoping Balmer and Lowe are back to give us more height and power at the back. I think we have the makings of a decent midfield and attack but we do need more cover up front for injuries and for competition. Hopeful for a narrow win.

I dont think Balmer will be back yet but when he is he will certainly be in the back 3

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

Our defending of corners makes me shudder that they will have Andy Carroll to bring on.

The out of contract Theo Walcott has been training with the Biscuitmen, as us oldies know them, but not likely to have signed for them by Sat to add to our problems.

On 04/08/2023 at 20:03, newchapel valiant said:

Got my future son in law coming up from Reading for the game. 

It will be his first of many Vale games and a life of love for the Vale.

He cant wait to be in the Hamil end next week. 

Bulls head first then onto the game. UTV

You've managed to get someone from  Reading to come to the Vale to watch them, in the home end, play Reading? That is class!

On 07/08/2023 at 07:18, Packmoor_vale said:

He is here again mr clever 

All of us including u had no concerns over the defence before Saturdays team sheet came out and happy clapper or not we know that strikers are part of a football team 

You know full well crosbys record is poor it’s been posted on here a couple of times so don’t tell me u ain’t seen it 

Saying that Clarke is on par with rudge just proves what u are 

If those are correct, then his record is: P 23 W 11 D 4 L 8 (including last night) - a win %age of 48%...which isn't bad at all.

16 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Not impressed with defending first 2 games however attacking last night was good and fun .

So my team as there certain players who are either very short of fitness or just going through the motions and against better league 1 opposition will cost us and lets face it could have cost us last night if it wasn't for Ripley 2 saves at the death the first hows tge shot got through firstly because no one was prepared take one for the team as that should have being blocked .

Ripley 

Cass /Lowe /Balmer Balmer / Smith Icavetti 

Garrity Arblaster Chelett 

Plant                                     Grant 

Thomas Wilson .

Out go ojo and Harrison haven't really impressed me in either first 2 games and in come Garrity as defensive midfielder and big James Wilson Vales 29 .

At the back where the cruz of tge problems what options are available to AC .

Cass does great bringing the ball forwards a lot better than what he is given credit for .

Smith's not started the season well looks half a yard slower than what he needs be .

The defending from set pieces first 180 mins of season has been laughable bit if Balmer and Lowe are not fit or ready we have to persevere with 3 from last night or maybe bring Jones in for Smith but maybe his confidence is shot after giving Barnsley there unwarranted leg up sat with first half nightmare .

I think he is a bit taller and I believe he is better .

Icavetti could he play middle centre half .

Sure looks a mess at the back and it's not my job sort it out its the managers .

The lack of blocking shots etc  will cost us as season progresses .

The lack of stature also .

But going forwards there's room for optimism.

We need to encourage greatly sat it's going be a very hard afternoon 

UTV 

I am glad Jones was replaced on Tuesday night as he had a very poor game at barnsley but who didn’t 

14 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

We going have to hope we keep the ball away from our penalty area .

No silly free kicks .

Wonder how ticket sales are heard Reading sold 1000 plus well done them .

How many Vales sold as if you buy a dearer membership card at 25 you get Reading free .

That's a great incentive get thesen to Vale park .

In the hamil .

And every other game you come 4 quid off if but before the day of match 

I think thats brilliant. 

9000 plus hopefully sat 

Just read someone dissing the hamil we not in there for the view we in there encourage the team.

9000 bit optimistic 👀

Archived