onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

Just now, philmpv said:

Only at Vale would we be having people still genuinely worried about relegation when we're 9 points clear with a maximum of 3 games left, with 3 of the teams below needing to win all of their remaining games just to draw level

Who’s worried? I only see posts that are positive we are safe. Not mathematically as some believe but safe nonetheless.

Advert

Only at Vale would we be having people still genuinely worried about relegation when we're 8 points clear with a maximum of 3 games left, with 3 of the teams below needing to win all of their remaining games just to draw level or go above us

If Oxford fail to beat Cheltenham on Tuesday, we are absolutely safe. When did Oxford last win ?

A good performance and win which sees us safe. The pre-season target is met, albeit in disappointing circumstances.

Forrester was very good, as was Harrison before he went off.

There's been an improvement in the last two. Crosby has us sitting a lot deeper and not pressing as much, with a really solid out of possession structure, and we don't concede any chances. Ipswich had one open-play shot on target and so did Gas today, with Stone untroubled. I'm not entirely convinced we were that much better today than we were against Oxford, with the difference being Oxford had Simon Eastwood in goal and Gas had a 19yo making his first start.

The question remains as to how much of an impact Crosby is having, or whether this is just previously disenchanted players bucking their ideas up. It's a combination of the two, in my view. Massey hasn't been coached into working hard in 5 days - he's been making a conscious choice not to bother before, and start bothering today.

Longer term, I agree with Ben on P&G. A clean slate is needed. The players and coaching staff have all been part of the problems over the past 4 months. I'd release all out of contract players bar Smith, Garrity, Pett, and possibly Worrall, and not loan back any of the loanees again.

Crosby has done a good job in both interim appointments but I see him more of a firefighter than a builder. He was 2nd in command during the bad run and must shoulder responsibility. Happy for him to stay on in the same role but a fresh approach and set of eyes is needed.

The managerial search should already be underway. We know our league and budget. There's no concerts. There's no excuses. We need a drama-free, sensible summer when we sign a good core of solid players and 2-3 targeted loanees. No trolley dash on deadline day. No 'contact book' signings. Business done with a fortnight to go. No silly sayings and catchphrases. Let the sensible business do the talking. No daft holiday to Spain for the entire club. Keep our heads down and get the basics right. Flitcroft's job is on the line in my view and if he can't deliver 5-6 good signings then I seriously question what he's doing for his wage.

We've had 7 seasons of drama; relegation, near relegation, near relegation, 8th in the Covid year, the Askey debacle, promotion, near relegation. We need a quiet, almost boring season where we sort the ground out and get the finances in order. 

Fans great again. No e-kickings tonight. UTV

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I wouldn’t know being sat in the Bycars.

Why?  The tannoy is superb in the bycars now,  deafening. If you can't hear it I would book an appointment at the doctors mate.

I'm just reading through the match thread,   read about a dozen negative comments from you so far.  Good job we were ahead for most of the match , lol

1 hour ago, WV said:

I thought the club spent a fortune on acoustic solutions for the speaker system? Maybe its your ears? 

No it’s not his ears, I’d have thought the new PA system would have some kind of warranty on it.

12 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I think it's Oxford, Cambridge and MKD that need to win their remaining games.  But 3 teams who've won 1 in 4 all season going on that type of run is pretty unlikely.

I still think that 46 points would have been enough, but I am really glad of the win today.

I think 46 wouldn't be enough, particularly if Accrington get beaten by Bolton. They have Oxford and Cambridge last 2 games. If Accrington pick up a point they are very much in with a chance, otherwise they'll possible roll over. We must have become a motivation factor with how poor we've been as a team dropping like a stone and catchable.  They'll now be looking at a dogfight to perm 3 from 5. Looking at the remaining fixtures I think MK Dons, Oxford and Cambridge may well have 46 points or more, don't see any of them getting 49.

Well that was better! Some great effort and we controlled most of the game . We look now a more solid team, I believe we need a good goalie and maybe about six others personally I would keep the bulk of the squad.
I wouldn't, as like some others I'm seriously miffed as to where this application and desire has been since the horrible run that we were on started. Lay the blame at DCs door all you wish, but for 'professional' players to suddenly lose the ability to chase, harry and put their bodies on the line until a new manager comes in does not sit well with me. Of those who played in the majority of those games, only Smith, Worrall, Pett, Forrester and Harrison I think can genuinely say that they gave their all during that period.

Super impressed with Massey today, if only for his work rate. He should have scored a couple as well. The down side of this, is to question why he's been utter garbage for the most part if the season. Its not just him, but I don't want con men, pinching a living at my club.  I'm not interested in players putting a shift in if they are edging for a contract, but proper professionals who have a pride in themselves and don't take the p#$% out of the club, or us supporters who pay their wages. 

Thank goodness we've finally achieved the safety required and unlike the end of last season, can have from now a full pre season, to prepare properly, for league 1

This is Port Vale, our Port Vale

Well done, Crosser and the lads. Giant step forward but, after supporting the Vale for so long, I still want that mathematical point! Few sherbets tonight and a lot lower blood pressure 😊.

Assuming we're safe, it would be nice to see the last of FGR, Franchise Utd, Morecambe and Accrington; and in the other direction to  welcome Orient, Bradford and Carlisle - not bothered who else as long as it's not Stevenage!

C'mon the Vale, after today let's finish as high as we can!

1 minute ago, CambridgeDon said:

Well done, Crosser and the lads. Giant step forward but, after supporting the Vale for so long, I still want that mathematical point! Few sherbets tonight and a lot lower blood pressure 😊.

Assuming we're safe, it would be nice to see the last of FGR, Franchise Utd, Morecambe and Accrington; and in the other direction to  welcome Orient, Bradford and Carlisle - not bothered who else as long as it's not Stevenage!

C'mon the Vale, after today let's finish as high as we can!

After our FB page was full of gloating Oxford fans after the 4-0 I'd like rid of them. With you on Stevenage. Vile club

7 minutes ago, Warren said:

Very well done! Referee had an excellent game as well. DC at match in Lorne Street stand??

He was the best we've had in ages. Fair to both teams .Pity about the blind linesman on both sides. The one on the Paddock side was clueless

Archived