onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Clarke Gone

MBE

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Agree re the players but I do seriously think since day 1 Carol has been swayed by DF. I mean how can a bloke who is approached about becoming manager, manage to talk himself into a DOF role? So many good people have lost their jobs this year because of him and he continues to employ his mates. Everything football side is down to him,  he employed DC and he conducts the recruitment side, for me he has to go. I think we would be a lot better off without the DOF personally 

My concern is that this model won’t work long term, we have got rid of the footballing people behind the scenes that were mainstays to hand control to DF and when he goes, (because he won’t be here long term IMO),then we are left to pick up the pieces and build again. 

Advert

I think we would be a lot better off without the DOF personally 

Like we were under Askey, Aspin, Bruno etc? We've achieved promotion in 2 years with the DOF model, and will secure our L1 status despite being promoted a year earlier than expected. Is all that forgotten already? Classic Vale fan amnesia

None of us know what's truely been going on.
This is a decision that would of been absolutely awful to make by all involved. Everyone will be gutted and emotional, especially Darryl and Carol.
I feel that Darryl has been else where for months now, his heart hasn't been where it once was. I also feel that all the transfer window stuff is over exaggerated a lot. The vast majority are his players. I also believe that he would've been in agreement not to strengthen in January and felt we would have enough left in the team. But somehow he's lost the dressing room. If a dressing room is lost its lost. It's happened before and will happen again.
In all honesty I've always been on the fence with Darryl, I was never quite sure, a 100% about him, but now isn't really the time for that.
Thanks for bringing a buzz back to Vale for us and we will never forget last season, and the first half of this season. It's been a roller coaster ride Darryl.
Keep smiling mate, take some time out and you'll be back, and will smash it
UTV

I am gutted by this decision, understandable in terms of results and performances and clear something wasn't right, my main anger is at the players though who have really cost him, I am livid as they have downed tools and lost discipline.

Disgraceful and hope 90% are released 3 weeks today.

1 minute ago, robf said:

That's an awful decision. I never expected it and it's really knocked my faith in the club. It does smack of the DoF covering his own back and the timing is ridiculous. 

I think DC has always tried his best but was hamstrung by a January window that clearly weakened his squad. Even so, I think he would have guided us to safety and been able to rebuild in the summer. 

I keep saying it Rob,we are already safe.Those doomers who think we aren’t should have a bit of 14/1 today.I don’t think they will be queuing at the bookies.Yet another sad day for Port Vale.

50 minutes ago, Valiant in Brum said:

The simple fact is he wasn't backed in January. Hope this isn't part of the slimming down of budgets. Inhave been very suppprtive so far, however it seems to be going from.bad to worse at this stage. This will jump up to bite us.

Nar, this'll be the change

I'm sorry but if Clarke is not in charge of recruitment and recruitment in January seems to be the big issue why is Clarke leaving and why is Flitcroft still here? Ridiculous after giving Clarke a 5 year deal. 

I have to say I think we have made the wrong decision with this. And some of the things in that statement are bizarre. Did we not read it properly before uploading it? 

I hope we don't regret this one.

Thanks for everything Darrell. 

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Like we were under Askey, Aspin, Bruno etc? We've achieved promotion in 2 years with the DOF model, and will secure our L1 status despite being promoted a year earlier than expected. Is all that forgotten already? Classic Vale fan amnesia

Personally don’t think we achieved promotion because of the DOD model in any way shape or form. Last time we achieved promotion did we have a DOF? You fail to mention Adams…. Or like this time did we just have a good bunch of players and a good manager? Let’s make the DOF manager then since he’s been so fantastic and this model clearly works. No amnesia what so ever, a DOF is not required at this level, unless the 100k a year, sacking of many good staff and this amazing recruitment team he’s put together that’s managed to sign what 6/7 players on loans is worth it? 

I will always be thankful for DC for some happy times, I just don’t know what had happened since Christmas! clearly something has gone on , I suppose we will never know. Andy has a very difficult job these last few games ! It’s going to be a very chastening start tomorrow unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

None of us know what's truely been going on.
This is a decision that would of been absolutely awful to make by all involved. Everyone will be gutted and emotional, especially Darryl and Carol.
I feel that Darryl has been else where for months now, his heart hasn't been where it once was. I also feel that all the transfer window stuff is over exaggerated a lot. The vast majority are his players. I also believe that he would've been in agreement not to strengthen in January and felt we would have enough left in the team. But somehow he's lost the dressing room. If a dressing room is lost its lost. It's happened before and will happen again.
In all honesty I've always been on the fence with Darryl, I was never quite sure, a 100% about him, but now isn't really the time for that.
Thanks for bringing a buzz back to Vale for us and we will never forget last season, and the first half of this season. It's been a roller coaster ride Darryl.
Keep smiling mate, take some time out and you'll be back, and will smash it
UTV

I agree but Darrell had other personal issues before we got promoted and Crosby did a great job in his place but things have moved on and we have to get behind the lads on Saturday and turn up to stay in this league and save our season ; I’ve got my season ticket UTV forever 

6 minutes ago, bomber said:

I will always be thankful for DC for some happy times, I just don’t know what had happened since Christmas! clearly something has gone on , 

What went on was the dreadful January transfer window. Not a lot came in. The deadwood stayed and Connor Hall, Charsley and Walker all left. All 3 of them could be playing their part right now. 

Archived