onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Clarke Gone

MBE

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I made no secret of the fact that I didn't want Clarke as a manager.  I am relieved he has gone even if it is about a year too late. I was worried about relegation but I think we will survive now. That is what I care about, Port Vale. 

"A year too late".....

Pathetic statement...

Advert

Don’t think the club had much choice really, we’re in the last chance saloon and if Crosby can conjure up one win in the remaining games it will prove the correct decision because I couldn’t see where another win was coming from previously 

7 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Think this, from Flitcroft...

“We have been on an emotional journey together, during which time Carol, her family and all associated with Port Vale have provided unwavering support to Darrell throughout an unimaginably difficult period in his life."

...is outrageous.

Callous.

Clarke has been thrown under a bus. I'm actually embarrassed this morning to be a Vale fan. 

Wasn’t expecting that!

It’s worth noting at this stage just how much of a tough year the Clarke family has had. What that man has been through would have ground lots of people to a complete standstill.

Personally I will remember him as the man that halted a relegation battle, and got us promoted in his first full season.

He goes with my thanks and best wishes. 

What the <ovf censored>. So the board give him no money to spend in January and inevitably we go on a poor run and now he is sacked or basically thrown under the bus.  Disgraceful Carol and Flitcroft. Should be ashamed. Lost my support now. <ovf censored>. 

Sounds ridiculous but close to tears reading this. Never been so ashamed to be a vale fan.

We haven't been in the relegation zone all season, the goal was to stay up - we are currently achieving that goal. Absolutely disgraceful decision to sack the best manager we have had since John Rudge. I almost want us to get relegated now to serve these fuckers right.

Reality is though, we won't need a single a point between now and the end of the season as the bottom 4 clubs won't reach 46 points. 

Furious, gutted.

The right decision, I think he came back too early last year, the dig at the board earlier in the year about wanting to let players to be closer to family was a reflection of his own desire I think. To me, this shows that there is some meat in the Pompey job rumours.

Will be eternally gratefull for his efforts. I wanted Askey gone a year before his 2 wins in 17 record. With Clarke I wanted im to turn it around, he was a defeated bloke a few weeks ago. Good luck the man, I wish him all the best.

Archived