Advert

Advert

Clarke Gone

MBE

Advert

Just now, Valiant in Brum said:
49 minutes ago, valeparklife said:
Ainsworth would be perfect for us.
It's not an "ex player" like Glover, Foyle, Aspin etc. He's actually a successful proven manager in his own right.

Got a club like Wycombe to the championship. He would be a good choice long term. Would he move up north as it would be to a sotherner.

But our fans moan about gamesmanship and dull football yet Ainsworth was the master of that at Wycombe!

26 minutes ago, robf said:

That's an awful decision. I never expected it and it's really knocked my faith in the club. It does smack of the DoF covering his own back and the timing is ridiculous. 

I think DC has always tried his best but was hamstrung by a January window that clearly weakened his squad. Even so, I think he would have guided us to safety and been able to rebuild in the summer. 

More to it than meets the eye, truth will out in time no doubt, fact is they took a risk assessment and it came out poor for DC, Flitcroft will never ever be part of Port Vale. If he was sincere about his sentiments he fall his sword.

Feel sorry for DC especially after last season and the euphoria of promotion.

Think we all have to take a step back and look at what’s gone on in the last few months

1. Reports DC applied for Portsmouth job 

2. Reports AC applied for Newport job

3. Disaster of a January transfer window

4. Departure of Colin Garrick (out of the blue)

5. Financial implications due to stadium and the pitch

6. Poor run of results compounded by below par performances on the pitch by seasoned professional players.

7. Departure of long serving groundsman and no improvement in the pitch thereafter.

These points alone indicate something far more reaching going on at the club.

Let’s be honest any other club with our form since January would have sacked the manager. The financial implications of relegation are immense these days.

The awarding of a five year contract no seems very unwise and I dread to think what compensation we will pay to DC. Unfortunately football is a results driven industry and our results for whatever reason have been woeful.

I wish DC all the best and thank him for the memories of last season with my youngest daughter singing her heart out at matches - she is Vale through and through.

It is now down to the club to ensure we stay in this league. Only that will justify the dismissal of DC for many a fan.

7 minutes ago, Valiant in Brum said:
56 minutes ago, valeparklife said:
Ainsworth would be perfect for us.
It's not an "ex player" like Glover, Foyle, Aspin etc. He's actually a successful proven manager in his own right.

Got a club like Wycombe to the championship. He would be a good choice long term. Would he move up north as it would be to a sotherner.

He's from Blackburn/Preston isn't he originally? But yes he has spent most of his football life down South.

27 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I keep saying it Rob,we are already safe.Those doomers who think we aren’t should have a bit of 14/1 today.I don’t think they will be queuing at the bookies.Yet another sad day for Port Vale.

We are not safe! 2 wins in 4 for the other teams and our inferior goal difference puts us in the bottom 4.

Think we all have to take a step back and look at what’s gone on in the last few months
6. Poor run of results compounded by below par performances on the pitch by seasoned professional players.
7. Departure of long serving groundsman and no improvement in the pitch thereafter.
Let’s be honest any other club with our form since January would have sacked the manager. The financial implications of relegation are immense these days.
The awarding of a five year contract no seems very unwise and I dread to think what compensation we will pay to DC. Unfortunately football is a results driven industry and our results for whatever reason have been woeful.
I wish DC all the best and thank him for the memories of last season with my youngest daughter singing her heart out at matches - she is Vale through and through.
It is now down to the club to ensure we stay in this league. Only that will justify the dismissal of DC for many a fan.

I agree. Something doesn't seem right from the club. The championship ready shouts, to limited spending in January to now staring at league two. DC left Walsall because he wanted more to spend which he initially had at Vale. Now he has cut backs. Is the club in financial trouble ?

3 minutes ago, Valiant in Brum said:
9 minutes ago, sheffieldclayhead said:

I agree. Something doesn't seem right from the club. The championship ready shouts, to limited spending in January to now staring at league two. DC left Walsall because he wanted more to spend which he initially had at Vale. Now he has cut backs. Is the club in financial trouble ?

The accounts came out this week and you had Carol saying that they've spent more in 4 years than they wanted to in 5. So they are cutting back

If Carol decides she's had enough of being slagged off by Vale fans then yes, we will be in dire financial trouble

25 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

None of us know what's truely been going on.
This is a decision that would of been absolutely awful to make by all involved. Everyone will be gutted and emotional, especially Darryl and Carol.
I feel that Darryl has been else where for months now, his heart hasn't been where it once was. I also feel that all the transfer window stuff is over exaggerated a lot. The vast majority are his players. I also believe that he would've been in agreement not to strengthen in January and felt we would have enough left in the team. But somehow he's lost the dressing room. If a dressing room is lost its lost. It's happened before and will happen again.
In all honesty I've always been on the fence with Darryl, I was never quite sure, a 100% about him, but now isn't really the time for that.
Thanks for bringing a buzz back to Vale for us and we will never forget last season, and the first half of this season. It's been a roller coaster ride Darryl.
Keep smiling mate, take some time out and you'll be back, and will smash it
UTV

I agree with some of this but not all. When managers have had enough, they find ways for their bosses to make the decision for them. Conte is a good example of that. As you said, none of us know what has gone on behind the scenes, and anyone that says they do know I'm always wary of believing. 

Clarke will go down next to Rudge (JR is still king) as a legend of the club. To get us out of League 2 in the same season as a rebuild is one hell of an achievement. Wembley last May will conjure up the same great feeling memories of the Autoglass final in 93 and promotion at Brighton in 94.

Regarding Crosby, maybe Carol will gauge these last 4 games on whether to offer him a contract as manager next season. My concern with Crosby is that we did have a run of results under him last season that contributed to us getting into the playoffs, but I think part of that was the squad playing with huge emotion for Clarke with the circumstances. Clarke had to come back early to get us over the line.

Nothing ever lasts forever, but while you were here DC you gave us something special. Thank you.

Archived