onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Clarke Gone

MBE

However, following discussions in recent weeks with Darrell, the backroom staff and senior players, we have decided now is the best time to make a change

WTF is that supposed to mean? The players have gone behind his back to whinge to Flitcroft?

Out of order if it happened. Very out of order to announce it, if my interpretation is correct. 

Advert

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

WTF is that supposed to mean? The players have gone behind his back to whinge to Flitcroft?

Out of order if it happened. Very out of order to announce it, if my interpretation is correct. 

Going through the squad I'm only seeing Smith and Worrall as senior players?  

Obviously Proctor Ojo and Benning are experienced players.

Who are these snakes in the grass I wonder? 

5 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Terrible idea.

I love Ainsworth but ex players as managers never goes well for Vale

Ainsworth would be perfect for us.

It's not an "ex player" like Glover, Foyle, Aspin etc. He's actually a successful proven manager in his own right.

Posted this yesterday:

"Ask yourself the question: if we stay up would you want Clarke to manage us through next season in L1? If we go down, would you want him to try and bring us back up?

On our performances since January, with the grand tally of three wins in 20 games, my answer is No to both questions. So, logically, why would I want him to stay any longer? 

It is still in our own hands but, on that display, he is going to be an impediment to staying up. So, imho, enough is enough. It is going to be a brave man - or more to the point - woman who is going to make that decision at this stage. 

But it has its merits."

This is the right decision, so well done Carol. We now have a better chance than we did yesterday but we should thank Dazza for all he's done and wish him all the best for the future.

UTV!

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

Thanks to Captain Fantastic for his valued input.

Now maybe he can tell us how to conduct yourself when your team has just scored a goal.

"However following discussions in recent weeks with Darrell, the backroom staff and senior players, we have decided now is the best time to make a change"

Something hasn't been right, that statement is either true (Fans have been saying whats going on ) and the rumours are correct, or it's a cheap shot.

I can't make my mind up.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Going through the squad I'm only seeing Smith and Worrall as senior players?  

Obviously Proctor Ojo and Benning are experienced players.

Who are these snakes in the grass I wonder? 

This "speaking with senior players" malarky always gets me - bunch of tussers

In fairness, if Smudge and Woz did have a hand in it (cant see it myself), at least they were still giving their all for DC on the pitch

Sadly, for those who have read my recent posts, I'm not surprised by this. There are so many factors and reasons behind DC's departure. The fella has been through a lot personally and we have to respect that first and foremost. Now is not the time for me nor anyone else to add further comment. I'll say it again (without listing facts) that since January there has been a total change for the worse for Port Vale FC on and off the pitch. Don't like the "senior players" comments however. Tail wagging the dog, never works. I wish him well and I'm sure he'll be back.

2 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

"However following discussions in recent weeks with Darrell, the backroom staff and senior players, we have decided now is the best time to make a change"

Something hasn't been right, that statement is either true (Fans have been saying whats going on ) and the rumours are correct, or it's a cheap shot.

I can't make my mind up.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I think the statement is probably true, but its still a cheap shot to put it out there in an official release

Archived