onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Clarke Gone

MBE

Personally don’t think we achieved promotion because of the DOD model in any way shape or form. Last time we achieved promotion did we have a DOF? You fail to mention Adams…. Or like this time did we just have a good bunch of players and a good manager? Let’s make the DOF manager then since he’s been so fantastic and this model clearly works. No amnesia what so ever, a DOF is not required at this level, unless the 100k a year, sacking of many good staff and this amazing recruitment team he’s put together that’s managed to sign what 6/7 players on loans is worth it? 
It's easy to pull out the odd example of our old managers achieving success without a DOF model as we've done it that way for over 130 years! Law of averages. My point was that in just 2 and a bit years of a DOF model, trying for the first time, we've gone from seriously flirting with relegation out of the EFL for a number of years, to getting promoted and holding our own in L1, despite having no strikers for notable periods, a terrible event like what happened to DC, having no penalty awarded for a stupid amount of time, etc. That, for me, strongly suggests that the DOF model is working for us at the moment, and we shouldn't just bin it at the first sign of trouble

Advert

17 minutes ago, sheffieldclayhead said:

Feel sorry for DC especially after last season and the euphoria of promotion.

Think we all have to take a step back and look at what’s gone on in the last few months

1. Reports DC applied for Portsmouth job 

2. Reports AC applied for Newport job

3. Disaster of a January transfer window

4. Departure of Colin Garrick (out of the blue)

5. Financial implications due to stadium and the pitch

6. Poor run of results compounded by below par performances on the pitch by seasoned professional players.

7. Departure of long serving groundsman and no improvement in the pitch thereafter.

These points alone indicate something far more reaching going on at the club.

Let’s be honest any other club with our form since January would have sacked the manager. The financial implications of relegation are immense these days.

The awarding of a five year contract no seems very unwise and I dread to think what compensation we will pay to DC. Unfortunately football is a results driven industry and our results for whatever reason have been woeful.

I wish DC all the best and thank him for the memories of last season with my youngest daughter singing her heart out at matches - she is Vale through and through.

It is now down to the club to ensure we stay in this league. Only that will justify the dismissal of DC for many a fan.

It's not just the groundsman and Garlick. How many other longserving members of staff have left? From the PA announcer to the stadium manager, there seems to have been a mass exodus. 

1 hour ago, Lornelounger said:

Just feel really sad reading this and seeing the fans reaction to Carol and the club as well. I hope Darrell is okay first of all, and I wish him well after everything he has done for us in his short tenure. It's never a good moment when someone loses their job, and perhaps in time we will find out whether Darrell himself had had enough of the stress and wanted out. I think some players have let him down recently. Good luck Darrell, and I hope you find your way back into football soon.  You will always be remembered well by Vale fans for saving the club and getting us back into League 1.  Thanks fella.

I don't think Darrell has looked well in his last three or four interviews?

46 minutes ago, Stamfordvale said:

He's sucking up quite well by his comments, waste of time and space in the carpark

What I find staggering is that in the club statement Flircroft mentioned discussions with senior players, is he trying to cover his own arse there with that comment? 

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

Hopefully you will all now realise that Flitcroft is a massive problem.

Evidence? And if you say january what proof do we have that he had funds available and mispent them? You cant just scapegoat people without evidence.

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Evidence? And if you say january what proof do we have that he had funds available and mispent them? You cant just scapegoat people without evidence.

What if flickers was thrown under the bus with january aswell as clarke we dont know. Im not defending him as it may well be down to flickers however we havent got any proof. One things for sure we need honesty from the club at the end of the season 

18 minutes ago, lydiatevaliant said:

It's not just the groundsman and Garlick. How many other longserving members of staff have left? From the PA announcer to the stadium manager, there seems to have been a mass exodus. 

Just because they were long serving, it does not mean it makes them right for Port Vale

For me, Clarke lost his mojo at the  trun of the year, maybe the Portsmouth job, maybe PTSD, who knows but I suspect the biggest thing in the round is for him to get his head to a better place. I wish him well.

Very big decision by Carol / Flitcroft but if he has disengaged (and for me it has looked like he was just going through the motions this year) the decision may be the best all round irrespective of our league status or his replcement.

For all we know clarke maybe struggling personally and it was mutually agreed that we would part ways at the end of the season as he hasnt looked himself in weeks but due to the massive slump this has been brought forward to now. It could be what some of you are suggesting that the problem is flickers . It could also be that a fall out has happened. We simply do not know so whats the point in speculating. But no doubt people will be spreading fake news thT debbie from the club shop said the clubs in turmoil no money and flickers is ruining the club (could well be the case) however until evidence is there in black and white lets not jump to conclusions 

Archived