onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Clarke Gone

MBE

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I know someone who was a vale scout for a very long time. Grassroots football scout, scouted loads of players that end up being poached by bigger clubs before we even hear about it. He was let go shortly after DF arrived. The fact he was employed for so long, I would presume is because he was good at his job. 

There have been numerous examples of others being let go, even as high as Garlic who did a very good job, or the old stadium manager, or speedy. Too much imo for them all not to be up to it. As someone else has posted, we need some clarity of everything though. 

Speedy was slagging off the owners off at Wembley to anyone that would listen and then people wonder why he's still not employed by the club

Advert

7 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

My initial reaction was one of massive shock but on reflection this decision was almost inevitable, and just about the only thing the club can do right now to shake the bag in an attempt to pick up the one or two points we need to stay up.  It’s a gamble and seems to be a very divisive decision.  I did wonder if on top of our current form the timing maybe linked somewhat to DC being emotionally entwined with Bristol Rovers and that fixture looming large.  Who knows?

I’ll join others in saying thank you Darrell, look after yourself and your family.

It’s now time to pull together again, wish AC all the best of luck and to back the team.

There may well be something in your point about Brizzle - theoretically that's our best chance of three points and a highly charged emotional atmosphere in our dressing room because of DC's previous connections may not have been to our advantage.

Notwithstanding, judging by DC's last few interviews, his positioning himself away from the rest of the coaching staff on Saturday and our performances since January, something has clearly not been right. If relationships have broken down, regardless of who is to blame, his position simply became untenable. It would have been no way to go into the last four games where our survival in L1 is at stake. 

We owe DC so much. He will be a legend at VP and will always be remembered for his achievements. But now it's time to regroup and get behind the team - we have just four games left...

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I know someone who was a vale scout for a very long time. Grassroots football scout, scouted loads of players that end up being poached by bigger clubs before we even hear about it. He was let go shortly after DF arrived. The fact he was employed for so long, I would presume is because he was good at his job. 

If he was scouting loads of players that ended up at bigger clubs then his input resulted in 0 players coming in so no wonder he was let go.

Just now, ollyandpatch said:

Flitcroft came for the managers job and talked his way into a 3 day a week director of football sacking anybody who crosses him. 

IF we go down he needs to GO.

Do you not think flickers has to consult with carol before making these decisions make it sound like hes just gone on a sacking rampage all on his own accord. These things will have been discussed at length i presume and agreed it was best for taking the club forward. This isnt football manager its real life 

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:
5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

So that's 1 person. What about these mates of DF?

OK then, coaches. This season, have you seen any of the senior players show any improvement whatsoever? What has David Dunn done to warrant being given the coaches job apart from being in business with DF's brother?

Who in their right mind would look at this and find the applicant appointable?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Dunn#Managerial

Just now, philmpv said:
1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

So that's 1 person. What about these mates of DF?

Edited my post. Much more than 1 person has been let go after being a long servant of the club my part about the Mates is what I’ve heard at games of a couple of people, one of who’s opinion I value mentioned him bringing in people he knows, I’m not going to go into detail as that is complete rumour and I don’t have anything to back it up, just a rumour. But I do really feel a lot of good people have been let go back the club since he arrived and I’m not having it that the likes of Garlic weren’t doing a decent job 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

So because you know an ex scout of vale who has since departed that leads to flickers getting rid of all our good staff and replacing them with his mates?

Garlic, stadium manager and speedy were all doing well as far as I’m concerned. 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Do you not think flickers has to consult with carol before making these decisions make it sound like hes just gone on a sacking rampage all on his own accord. These things will have been discussed at length i presume and agreed it was best for taking the club forward. This isnt football manager its real life 

No but I get the feeling that Flickers proper got the ear of Carol and what Flickers wants, he usually gets

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Edited my post. Much more than 1 person has been let go after being a long servant of the club my part about the Mates is what I’ve heard at games of a couple of people, one of who’s opinion I value mentioned him bringing in people he knows, I’m not going to go into detail as that is complete rumour and I don’t have anything to back it up, just a rumour. But I do really feel a lot of good people have been let go back the club since he arrived and I’m not having it that the likes of Garlic weren’t doing a decent job 

Garlic, stadium manager and speedy were all doing well as far as I’m concerned. 

He knew clarke nobody complained about him bringing him in did they? So what if he hired a few people that he knows. If he knows they are good at there job it takes away risk of taking on a unknown

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

No but I get the feeling that Flickers proper got the ear of Carol and what Flickers wants, he usually gets

If that was the case i would of thought we would of splashed some cash in January. You getting a feeling does not conclude as evidence. 

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

He knew clarke nobody complained about him bringing him in did they? So what if he hired a few people that he knows. If he knows they are good at there job it takes away risk of taking on a unknown

He more than knows them though; like what Mr Hobblesworth has just posted. 

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Flickers actually said that he did not know Clarke and only bumped in to him on a couple of coaching courses

Archived