Advert

54 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I'll take any sort of draw 

We can't keep a clean sheet 

They're going to Wembley with the biggest following since Swindle 

Hopefully plays Proctor or Ellis with Taylor to at least occupy their defence 

Enjoy your day out Vale fans 

Hopefully the team can give you something to cheer about

Whilst I agree and would like Proc or Harrison to start I'll also be perplexed .

One of them should of started the other night against weaker opposition. Selection tomorrow even by Clarkes standards would be baffling but welcome. 

Ricardo Santos is actually very good, just seemingly has a nightmare whenever he plays us.
When everyone in football is convinced that something will happen, often it doesn't. 
Ergo, I think we'll fluke a battling 1-1 draw. We'll play not much better than the other night but perhaps get a bit more luck
I'm constantly perplexed when their fans state that he is outstanding. Whenever I've seen him, he's been an absolute donkey with the turning circle of a tanker. He's obviously a decent player in other games but we targeted him in the home game and he got sent off. I suspect that might happen again.

A Bolton Perspective..

Not many would have had Vale as the best bets of the four promoted teams, but they're currently in the highest slot - 12th. That said, Exeter and Bristol Rovers are within two points of them, with all three (but, clearly, not FGR) settling relatively well into the great morass of so-so sides below the Champo-chasing top third.

Vale have lost more games than the Grecians, the Gas and indeed all bar four teams. What they don’t do often is draw - 7 out of 33 league games - and 2023 has seen a downturn: since New Year’s Day they’re W1 D2 L6.

On the road they’re a curious mix. They’ve only won five, two of which were at the bottom two, but also won at Plymouth and Derby while also drawing at Barnsley and Wycombe. Against that, they got beat 4-0 at Oxford and Exeter and also shipped three at Shrewsbury and Peterborough - but half of their eight away losses have been by a single goal.

They’re slow starters - only FGR have conceded more first-half goals than their 26, and only Accy have scored fewer before the oranges than their 10. We’ve scored that many in the first 15 minutes alone, and that would be a very pleasant start to affairs against Vale, please: we average a division-leading 2.86ppg when scoring first. For the record we average 1ppg when conceding first, fourth-best behind the top two and Derby, but let’s hope we don’t need to improve that record this weekend.

My missus is a season ticket holder so I see alot of them, here's what I've seen:

Trafford their GK on loan from Man City will play for England one day (yes he's that good)

Bradley the RWB looks a cut above this level and is on loan from Liverpool and definitely won't play League 1 football again anytime soon.

Santos despite having bad games against us is probably the best centre half in the league.

Dempsey/Morley have formed a great midfield partnership

Shoreditch looks far too good for this level (on loan from Man U) he looks a premiere league player in the making

Charles is scoring goals and the worrying think is they have options such as Jerome, Adebayajo, Ndunulu to make an impact.

Unfortunately I see a Bolton 3-0 win

13 hours ago, DazFred said:

I'll take any sort of draw 

We can't keep a clean sheet 

They're going to Wembley with the biggest following since Swindle 

Hopefully plays Proctor or Ellis with Taylor to at least occupy their defence 

Enjoy your day out Vale fans 

Hopefully the team can give you something to cheer about

How do they know how many they are taking to Wembley yet? I’d be surprised if they took as many as Plymouth. I remember going to watch Bolton V Tranmere in a play off final, there was 30,000 there.

Archived