Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

On 22/02/2023 at 17:16, Diego Maradona said:

Stevens

Fozza.                 Smudger.             Donner

Wozza/Massey.        Petty          Ojo.                 Wozza/Massey

Garrity

Taylor.           Proctor 

Just realised that I can't remember ever picking a side on OVF that Clarke picks for the match! Hopefully, this will be a first IMO!

Advert

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

How do they know how many they are taking to Wembley yet? I’d be surprised if they took as many as Plymouth. I remember going to watch Bolton V Tranmere in a play off final, there was 30,000 there.

I’m not sure we’ll take that many either Phil because we may yet be involved in the play off final, as of course may Plymouth though they’re looking good for automatics. It’s an expensive trip to do once so to do it twice in todays climate may be a stretch. It could be a similar situation as when we played Liverpool in the League Cup Final as well as a play off spot, which obviously affected the crowd in the play offs. I was at the Tranmere final too and as you say the crowd was poor but to be fair Plymouth should be a better proposition than Tranmere? As for today, I do expect Wanderers to win comfortably, that’s no insult to Vale, just that we’re really hitting form at the moment. As for Santos, he’s been outstanding recently and very much benefitting from our new right CH signing Owen Toal from Ireland who’s been amazing. I just hope we get a decent ref who doesn’t spoil things which is always a possibility in this league. After today I wish you all the best for the season, I have a soft spot for Vale having spent so many years working from the Michelin in Stoke!! 😉

Unfortunately Bolton don’t need to get out of second gear to do us today! I just hope we don’t get to bad a pasting. Let’s hope Bolton are over confident and a bit jaded after Wednesdays game ! Anything from this game and I would be ecstatic. My first impression of league one was the Bolton game at home when I realised how much more physical it is than league two . I do think we lack a bit of physical presence, a few games we have been out muscled. 

1 hour ago, bomber said:

Unfortunately Bolton don’t need to get out of second gear to do us today! I just hope we don’t get to bad a pasting. Let’s hope Bolton are over confident and a bit jaded after Wednesdays game ! Anything from this game and I would be ecstatic. My first impression of league one was the Bolton game at home when I realised how much more physical it is than league two . I do think we lack a bit of physical presence, a few games we have been out muscled. 

Bolton in the middle of a purple patch, seemingly scoring at will.  PV in the doldrums--what can possibly go wrong? Knowing the obtuse manner of PV's form over all the years I've been a supporter, could be a pleasant surprise in store today!! 😁

12 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Bolton in the middle of a purple patch, seemingly scoring at will.  PV in the doldrums--what can possibly go wrong? Knowing the obtuse manner of PV's form over all the years I've been a supporter, could be a pleasant surprise in store today!! 😁

We are 38 goals behind them in goal difference. I feel our -14 is a bigger issue than their plus 24. Got to stop losing away games 3-0 and 4-0. The 1-0 loss at Morecambe is a minor improvement and so getting 0-0 today is a big improvement and winning 1-0 exceptional performance.

Fair play to the fans travelling today. 

A rare away day this season I missing in person but I’ve taken the same decision as Carol to manage my finances until the end of season.

A point would be great today. Clean sheet will do very nicely. 

Watching Oxford and Bristol on the tv.Can’t believe they have allowed us to have Taylor. Both teams make us look a good side and puts into perspective how we are performing.

9 minutes ago, Warren said:

We are 38 goals behind them in goal difference. I feel our -14 is a bigger issue than their plus 24. Got to stop losing away games 3-0 and 4-0. The 1-0 loss at Morecambe is a minor improvement and so getting 0-0 today is a big improvement and winning 1-0 exceptional performance.

Couldn't agree more, I've been banging on about our woeful GD for weeks. Fingers crossed that we do get a 'freak' result--it's happened many times before so who knows?  I'm certainly not counting on it, but we're overdue a pleasant surprise......

4 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Interested to see the team sheet today. Could politic be back in against his old team. Two strikers on the pitch maybe aswel

I don't understand why Politic was brought back to the club. There are several other players who can play in similar positions. But a game against Bolton may kick start him.

My team would be 

stone 

worral forrester smith donnelly massey

Ojo garrity

Politic

Taylor harrison

go at em! No point sitting back got a chance of getting spanked eithway so may aswel just go for it

16 minutes ago, MBE said:

Fair play to the fans travelling today. 

A rare away day this season I missing in person but I’ve taken the same decision as Carol to manage my finances until the end of season.

A point would be great today. Clean sheet will do very nicely. 

Watching Oxford and Bristol on the tv.Can’t believe they have allowed us to have Taylor. Both teams make us look a good side and puts into perspective how we are performing.

Oxford sinking like a stone having played 3 or 4 more than most teams around them. 

Another baffling 4-0 tonking down there as they weren't much cop at all .

Maybe relegation dark horses although none at the bottom seem to win. 

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Oxford sinking like a stone having played 3 or 4 more than most teams around them. 

Someone is putting superfuel in the Burton tank. Climbing towards mid table from rock bottom. 

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

They look like a relegation team. The defence is horrendous. Fully expect the manager to be sacked after this game.

Archived