onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

27 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Watched Accrington hold out until the 82nd minute and over an hour with 10 men so the trotters ain’t no world beaters so we got a chance and if we do get thumped let’s not have well they’ve got a much bigger budget crap from the happy clappers 

I think that's exactly right. My concern about them is height and physicality. At central defence only Smith has the right physicality and the other two need to step up on controlled physicality against a big side. So do the rest of the team in general play and at set pieces. Keeper needs a good game consisting of saving shots (a new concept to them) and commanding the six yard box (need to check if the super glue can be removed from the bottom of their boots).

I'm bitter and twisted. Maybe because we have thrown away results in 2023. The other way we do this is DC bringing on subs to disrupt the defence and make sure we give the game away late on (Derby springs to mind).

It's time to step up and play well on a good pitch in a good stadium. It may help that I don't think their stadium is very atmospheric. Its a hotel and conference centre with 4 stands to watch football in a retail park. 

Advert

19 minutes ago, Warren said:

I think that's exactly right. My concern about them is height and physicality. At central defence only Smith has the right physicality and the other two need to step up on controlled physicality against a big side. So do the rest of the team in general play and at set pieces. Keeper needs a good game consisting of saving shots (a new concept to them) and commanding the six yard box (need to check if the super glue can be removed from the bottom of their boots).

I'm bitter and twisted. Maybe because we have thrown away results in 2023. The other way we do this is DC bringing on subs to disrupt the defence and make sure we give the game away late on (Derby springs to mind).

It's time to step up and play well on a good pitch in a good stadium. It may help that I don't think their stadium is very atmospheric. Its a hotel and conference centre with 4 stands to watch football in a retail park. 

Bolton have a very poor pitch at present

37 minutes ago, Warren said:

Bolton's pitch is awful, similar to ours!

16 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

Based on the fact our keepers don't save shots wether stone or Stevens is in goal, if Bolton have 6 or 7 shots on target against us then we will be condeding 5 goals at least.

Vale goin to win this one😉

6 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Hybrid pitch apparently, about 10 seasons old and knackered

Did a verbal search on Google and got back.

"Wanderers are praying for an improvement in the weather to help salvage their deteriorating pitch for the rest of the season. Plans are already in place for a full revamp of the playing surface in the summer, with the current semi-synthetic system reaching the end of its useable existence".

So you are spot on. In the early 2000s I spent alot of time in and around that stadium. It was a nice place to visit and have meetings at. I wonder if it is now showing its age as a whole. 

Vale put out less than 300 tickets left so sold around 1700 to 1800 which I suppose is decent given how crap were playing. I suppose we would have taken closer to 3000 if we had any kind of decent form going into this. 6 nil to Bolton is 150/1 at coral got 2 free bets so going put 6 nil and 3 nil to Bolton so watch it be 4 nil to them now.

Watched Accrington hold out until the 82nd minute and over an hour with 10 men so the trotters ain’t no world beaters so we got a chance and if we do get thumped let’s not have well they’ve got a much bigger budget crap from the happy clappers 

But they … do have a bigger budget .. and 3 x our average gate ..

Came on here to see the latest hype about the Bolton game ! No comment for 12 hours !! Still banging on about the Morecambe no show! Come on Vale fans !!! Get excited about this ,!! Or do you want to get back to playing Crawley and Sutton !! So results aren’t brilliant at the moment, you wouldn’t of lasted 5 mins in the 80s . Sometimes I think we get the team we deserve!!! Get behind your football team !! 

COME ON YOU CHEEKY WHITES !!! UTV !!!

Archived