onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pitch/ground

rider1308

5 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Oh completely different world ofcourse. Just saying in terms of design it seems there's isn't like your usual new build where so many are almost identical. If ever we did have a new stadium, I'd like to think fans could feed into the process with their views. I'd like a proper end, safe standing behind the goal. 

I'm not asking for much 😉

Convert the Hamil into safe standing in stages as demand justifies?

Advert

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

You’re right, it’s easy to spend other people’s money.  One problem is that folk have quickly forgotten that we splashed a reported £5million to buy Sexman out.  A sum of money that could’ve otherwise been invested into fixing the current deficiencies in and around the ground.

Very true. I think I've caveated a few times my ideas are pipe dreams. It's what I'd like to happen, I don't for one minute think it will, or even that it should. 

I do think longer term, Vale Park will cost more money from ongoing maintenance. And if we did want to progress to the next level, we'd need the capacity issue sorting.

I said a new stadium was needed 20 years ago but subberness of Vale fans meant we have been held back as a club for a long time. We only have to look at the Lorne street. The mineshafts underneath were a huge problem, we have trouble with the pitch due to the clay and however I believe it was also the minesbeing filled affecting drainage. The whole issue around the pitch, mines, the railway that is falling apart a new stadium is more realistic.

The club may have to look at a deal of part ownership with the council, sponsorship investment etc. Vale Park maybe too much of a problem long term. We all love VP. But times have moved on.

I said a new stadium was needed 20 years ago but subberness of Vale fans meant we have been held back as a club for a long time. We only have to look at the Lorne street. The mineshafts underneath were a huge problem, we have trouble with the pitch due to the clay and however I believe it was also the minesbeing filled affecting drainage. The whole issue around the pitch, mines, the railway that is falling apart a new stadium is more realistic.

The club may have to look at a deal of part ownership with the council, sponsorship investment etc. Vale Park maybe too much of a problem long term. We all love VP. But times have moved on.
Would there not be the similar problems regarding mineshafts pretty much everywhere where we could consider building a new stadium nearby?

1 hour ago, Valiant in Brum said:

We should have moved to the Fezzy site after the garden festival, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Access for those travelling in car  off the A500 and those on foot either by canal, Etruria or Cobridge. I think what we have to realise is that clubs weren’t moving grounds that came a short time later. Providing there are no Stoke fans there, I wouldn’t mind being buried under the Bycars

I agree with the idea to an extent here, but doesn't need to be too far away from Burslem. Burslem needs Vale. I'd like to develop the railway but the cost would be enormous, as would ongoing maintenance costs of existing old stands. A new stadium is probably the more sensible option long term. Not sure of feasibility but I like the idea of a new ground around Cobridge Grange. Walking distance from Burslem, coincide with the reinstatement of the Burslem Branch Canal as part of a larger regeneration project, and have a mini Salford Quays around the new ground. The new road off the a500 over to festival park improves access from that side, and would put the ground in walking distance of both Burslem and Festival Park, even Porthill / Wolstanton.
Other option is the land behind the Bycars where the training pitches are. 
Thought of a career in town planning?

2 hours ago, The French Connection said:
On 26/02/2023 at 08:52, Family Stand Terrier said:
I agree with the idea to an extent here, but doesn't need to be too far away from Burslem. Burslem needs Vale. I'd like to develop the railway but the cost would be enormous, as would ongoing maintenance costs of existing old stands. A new stadium is probably the more sensible option long term. Not sure of feasibility but I like the idea of a new ground around Cobridge Grange. Walking distance from Burslem, coincide with the reinstatement of the Burslem Branch Canal as part of a larger regeneration project, and have a mini Salford Quays around the new ground. The new road off the a500 over to festival park improves access from that side, and would put the ground in walking distance of both Burslem and Festival Park, even Porthill / Wolstanton.
Other option is the land behind the Bycars where the training pitches are. 

Thought of a career in town planning?

Not after reading the replies

21 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

I get that view. I think there has to be a balance. Its easy to spend other peoples money for them, but for me I feel like if you're going to do something do it properly. I'd always lean towards spending more up front to save money longer term. But this isn't a few grand we're talking, and everything I've said has no research in terms of feasibility. 

I like new stadiums when they're done properly and not soulless out of the area identikit designs. Spurs new ground looks amazing, with the big end behind one goal.

Spurs is pain in the backside transport wise. 

4 hours ago, Valiant in Brum said:

I totally agree with you. I just wouldn’t like the thought of us in a soulless concrete / tin shack of a ground like Colchester or god forbid a Walsall.

28 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I totally agree with you. I just wouldn’t like the thought of us in a soulless concrete / tin shack of a ground like Colchester or god forbid a Walsall.

Loads of clubs in league 1 and 2 have soulless bowls built in retail parks. Dreadful. I would hate to be stuck in one of them every game.

Archived