onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pitch/ground

rider1308

Advert

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Yep that's where I go

Just thinking about this, my first thoughts were that it’d be an option for us to move here, as you know there’s always loads of empty seats in that corner and plenty of room to stand by the disabled stand wall, but on reflection maybe that corner, or some of it, will be cordoned off given the very close proximity to the away section.  You’d have to think a taller fence will go in between the 2 stands as a bare minimum.  It’s a question for the club to answer.

8 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Just thinking about this, my first thoughts were that it’d be an option for us to move here, as you know there’s always loads of empty seats in that corner and plenty of room to stand by the disabled stand wall, but on reflection maybe that corner, or some of it, will be cordoned off given the very close proximity to the away section.  You’d have to think a taller fence will go in between the 2 stands as a bare minimum.  It’s a question for the club to answer.

Wasn't against Swindon, so can't see it being an issue.

On 28/02/2023 at 17:36, jjvale_03 said:

The demand is definitely there and we should maximize the apparent wealth of our supporter base. I don't think there's any other clubs of our size that has the sheer capacity of corporate hospitality that we do, and certainly not one where demand still outstrips that supply.

Every club with a modern ground has way more corporate hospitality than we do. I won’t do a list but going from MK Dons with their world class hospitality even down to say Colchester United with their business centre, only real league 2 minnows are comparable. 

I agree we need more of it, but I’d say we lag behind over half the division in that area. 

Every club with a modern ground has way more corporate hospitality than we do. I won’t do a list but going from MK Dons with their world class hospitality even down to say Colchester United with their business centre, only real league 2 minnows are comparable. 

I agree we need more of it, but I’d say we lag behind over half the division in that area. 
Build a hospitality block in the corner between Lorne St and the Hamil? Something else for Carol to think about.

19 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Yeh plenty of room around there to stand and you can lean against the wall no problem, only issue is at the Swindon game the atmosphere in the Lorne street was dead, I think purely because of how far away from the rest of the home fans we were, I don't think i could endure a whole season like that 

9 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Colchester have 400 capacity in their corporate - with less boxes than us. Shrewsbury just 300. 

Your assumptions are inaccurate.

5 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

Colchester have 400 capacity in their corporate - with less boxes than us. Shrewsbury just 300. 

Your assumptions are inaccurate.

Not at all. We have 48 executive boxes at Vale Park with a capacity of 8 per person. So that’s 384 people, less than a league 2 club like Colchester which is 400. Having less hospitality capacity than Colchester is not a good thing, it proves my point. 

God knows where you have pulled Shrewsbury from, as they were never mentioned. 

However as you insist it appears Shrewsbury’s sovereign suite alone can accommodate 300 hospitality matchday guests. They have three other suites and that’s not including the boxes. 

Either way, it isn’t the amazing, lucrative hospitality set up we all seem to think it is. Certainly not “Championship Ready” or comparible to any Championship club. 

14 hours ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Yeh plenty of room around there to stand and you can lean against the wall no problem, only issue is at the Swindon game the atmosphere in the Lorne street was dead, I think purely because of how far away from the rest of the home fans we were, I don't think i could endure a whole season like that 

This is why really we should’ve had a fully open Lorne Street before switching ends.  Currently the ground is mostly “joined up” but those fans in Lorne St will be out on a limb next season.  The biggest gap is the Railway side of the Bycars, which isn’t completely empty.  It’ll be interesting to see how the ground fills up next season.  I think it’ll be a few years before things fully settle especially as there’s potential fans may even be able to choose seats in the currently unused half of Lorne Street during that time.

8 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Not at all. We have 48 executive boxes at Vale Park with a capacity of 8 per person. So that’s 384 people, less than a league 2 club like Colchester which is 400. Having less hospitality capacity than Colchester is not a good thing, it proves my point. 

However as you insist it appears Shrewsbury’s sovereign suite alone can accommodate 300 hospitality matchday guests. They have three other suites and that’s not including the boxes. 

Either way, it isn’t the amazing, lucrative hospitality set up we all seem to think it is. Certainly not “Championship Ready” or comparible to any Championship club. 

I was in corporate when we played at Swindon last and it was pretty dreadful and surely held a lot less than Vale. Saying that, I do agree with you in the fact our ground is pretty naff and not well equipped to move up a league and hopefully Swindon are getting ready for conference level.

8 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

We also have the new “Robbie” Suite and the Presidents Seats which are hugely expensive and offer 3 course meal each game. The hospitality capacity at Vale is 569. 

The lower corner blocks of the Bycars were cordoned off for that game so it’ll be one or the other for sure.

Sorry I thought you meant they'd do something specifically to the Lorne St. Yes they netted off the blocks closest to the Lorne St and the Railway in the Bycars. 

I'm guessing most games with low away followings they'll only open the blocks at the back, then open the bottom blocks, bar those netted off either side, for the bigger followings. 

This is why really we should’ve had a fully open Lorne Street before switching ends.  Currently the ground is mostly “joined up” but those fans in Lorne St will be out on a limb next season.  The biggest gap is the Railway side of the Bycars, which isn’t completely empty.  It’ll be interesting to see how the ground fills up next season.  I think it’ll be a few years before things fully settle especially as there’s potential fans may even be able to choose seats in the currently unused half of Lorne Street during that time.

I was surprised the Railway filled closer to the Hamil End v Swindon. Expected them to head towards the Bycars. Glad they didn't, made for a great atmosphere when we all sang in unison. Even got a, Paddock / Hamil give us a song going, which hasn't been heard since the Bycars 90s days. 

Archived