onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pitch/ground

rider1308

On 03/03/2023 at 23:45, TJHValiant said:

Not at all. We have 48 executive boxes at Vale Park with a capacity of 8 per person. So that’s 384 people, less than a league 2 club like Colchester which is 400. Having less hospitality capacity than Colchester is not a good thing, it proves my point. 

God knows where you have pulled Shrewsbury from, as they were never mentioned. 

However as you insist it appears Shrewsbury’s sovereign suite alone can accommodate 300 hospitality matchday guests. They have three other suites and that’s not including the boxes. 

Either way, it isn’t the amazing, lucrative hospitality set up we all seem to think it is. Certainly not “Championship Ready” or comparible to any Championship club. 

You're missing the RW Suite and the CJ Bailey lounge, which take out corporate seats well over the 500 mark. 

Advert

1 hour ago, southport vale said:

Went on a Liverpool tour on Saturday and when at pitch side I saw these heaters on the grass. When I enquired they said they were put on every day and the grass was cut every day. I doubt we will ever get to that stage. FB_IMG_1678709760157.jpg

Them lot down the road on the A50 have them too

25 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Them lot down the road on the A50 have them too

I'm sure I saw Bolton using them in post match interviews after our game.

I doubt Wrexham do, but I saw on that documentary series that they spent a lot on their pitch. Looks better than ours but by no means champ/prem quality when I saw it on TV for their recent cup tie.

Went on a Liverpool tour on Saturday and when at pitch side I saw these heaters on the grass. When I enquired they said they were put on every day and the grass was cut every day. I doubt we will ever get to that stage. FB_IMG_1678709760157.thumb.jpg.fcd0614d02714b622f3102265aeeeac7.jpg
I have been told that the Etihad is cut twice a day. Seemed to speak with authority, but may have meant in the natural growing season. I suppose it would be called "Euro ready"

2 hours ago, jon_1983 said:

I doubt Wrexham do, but I saw on that documentary series that they spent a lot on their pitch. Looks better than ours but by no means champ/prem quality when I saw it on TV for their recent cup tie.

Didn't the Wrexham CEO in the docuseries say their pitch was re-laid and it didn't take and it had to be done again at a cost of 300,000GBP, which they did. 

Even from iFollow video,  the pitch nearest the Lorne St stand looks in awful condition, full of sand and cuts up leaving the ball to bobble badly. Good luck to any player when they play on that side of Vale's pitch.

Just now, Paul6754 said:

Didn't the Wrexham CEO in the docuseries say their pitch was re-laid and it didn't take and it had to be done again at a further cost of 300,000GBP, which they did. 

Even from iFollow video,  the pitch nearest the Lorne St stand looks in awful condition, full of sand and cuts up leaving the ball to bobble badly. Good luck to any player when they play on that side of Vale's pitch.

8 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Didn't the Wrexham CEO in the docuseries say their pitch was re-laid and it didn't take and it had to be done again at a cost of 300,000GBP, which they did. 

Yeah I just mean't that even if we were to lay a prem/champ quality pitch we can't afford the prem/champ quality maintenance. What ever we do in the summer with it you would hope it will be an improvement! Just managing expectation that it's going to be like a carpet all year round.

3 hours ago, jon_1983 said:

Yes Bolton have them too. I saw them as I stayed in the hotel inside the ground, when we played there.

Archived