onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pitch/ground

rider1308

6 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

You seem to be another one who can’t see the wood for the trees with your blinkered view on formations.  Quite simply formations won’t win games if the players don’t show the required levels of competitive edge, desire and will to win, play with no tempo whatsoever, and offer inconsistent quality in key areas.  We’ve got players who aren’t quite good enough for this level.  We’ve got players who appear to lack motivation when playing “lesser” teams.  We’ve possibly got players who are resigned to moving on in the summer.  Surprisingly, simply changing formation won’t fix this.  The same players in your preferred formation will still miss sitters at one end and not track their man at the other.

I appreciate that this will be another post of mine you’ll disagree with.  As I said, wood and trees.

I think it is quite easy to make a good player look mediocre by playing them out of position, David Amoo for example. Not sure we have got the best out of Wozza by making him play more defensively either.

Advert

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think it is quite easy to make a good player look mediocre by playing them out of position, David Amoo for example. Not sure we have got the best out of Wozza by making him play more defensively either.

Worrall has been wasted for 2 seasons now. It's down to his attitude and professional approach that he's given his all at wing back.

Was he not 2nd in the entire country for assists behind De Bruyne at one point ? 

Now he's that knackered chasing back and spending the majority of the game in our half instead of where he's best. That said he's still our top assist with 6. 

11 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

You seem to be another one who can’t see the wood for the trees with your blinkered view on formations.  Quite simply formations won’t win games if the players don’t show the required levels of competitive edge, desire and will to win, play with no tempo whatsoever, and offer inconsistent quality in key areas.  We’ve got players who aren’t quite good enough for this level.  We’ve got players who appear to lack motivation when playing “lesser” teams.  We’ve possibly got players who are resigned to moving on in the summer.  Surprisingly, simply changing formation won’t fix this.  The same players in your preferred formation will still miss sitters at one end and not track their man at the other.

I appreciate that this will be another post of mine you’ll disagree with.  As I said, wood and trees.

I'm looking forward to the mass cull again at the end of the season. Nothing better than seeing loads of new players sign for your club in the summer.

But you were the one going on about formations the other week and now formations do not matter. Stop changing your tune.

27 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I'm looking forward to the mass cull again at the end of the season. Nothing better than seeing loads of new players sign for your club in the summer

I'm totally with you here BJ - DC/DF did it once and can do it again - its disgusting the bile that is being spouted after how far we have come in the last two years. Is DF a right bostard to work for - maybe, but perhaps it needs that sometimes; and its all unsubstantiated hearsay.

Yes I am a happy clapper, but acknowledge that the home form this season has been the worst I can remember for a long long time. I also think the treatment (on the face of it) of CG yesterday was also shocking - would it really have hurt to have someone in authority by the side of the guy, even if just to stop the derogatory comments which have inevitably surfaced since - bizarre, absolutely bizarre.

I also shake my head at some of the loan signings and the last couple of transfer windows - but, its our first season back in a tough league - give everyone a season to find their feet - a ton of players will be out the door in the summer as their effort (not skill; two separate entities) has not been upto scratch since Plymouth 

Anyway, talking of unsubstantiated, an old geezer was walking round festival park the other day when he heard a giraffe talking to a goat about the latest film releases. They were interrupted by a very large miniature schnauzer (a Crewe fan, apparently), who told them that DC (not ours, the other one 3 miles up the road) is the new investor with Carole, because they met once at the local indoor bowling club (they were both checking out the artificial pitch); long story short, they got on really well and the rest will be history - true or false - I dunno.

12 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Anyway, talking of unsubstantiated, an old geezer was walking round festival park the other day when he heard a giraffe talking to a goat about the latest film releases. They were interrupted by a very large miniature schnauzer (a Crewe fan, apparently), who told them that DC (not ours, the other one 3 miles up the road) is the new investor with Carole, because they met once at the local indoor bowling club (they were both checking out the artificial pitch); long story short, they got on really well and the rest will be history - true or false - I dunno.

A good conspiracy theory has to have an element of truth/fact to draw in the feeble minded.  You got me 😉 in mentioning DC’s (down the road) relationship with CS.  I’ve heard from a very good source (HP?) that they do get on very well and are working together on community projects building on the foundation of, well, the Vale Foundation in the north of the city.  DC sees helping PVFC as part of that through financial means or other (within the laws of football club ownership) manifesting itself in one area with the deal for Will Forrester last summer.

Now where did I put that tin foil hat?

26 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

A good conspiracy theory has to have an element of truth/fact to draw in the feeble minded.  You got me 😉 in mentioning DC’s (down the road) relationship with CS.  I’ve heard from a very good source (HP?) that they do get on very well and are working together on community projects building on the foundation of, well, the Vale Foundation in the north of the city.  DC sees helping PVFC as part of that through financial means or other (within the laws of football club ownership) manifesting itself in one area with the deal for Will Forrester last summer.

Now where did I put that tin foil hat?

"A good conspiracy theory has to have an element of truth/fact"

Not on a vale forum 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But re our council project, exciting times ahead 👍👍👍👍

• 2 weeks later...

Archived