onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pitch/ground

rider1308

Advert

15 hours ago, dishydave said:

The Robie suite brings in 120k on season tickets alone so it won't take long pay for it's self and I believe that Lorne Street is a problem with where to move the gym.

Wouldn't a finished Lorne Street bring in a lot more, whilst simultaneously freeing up capacity in the often 'sold-out' Railway Stand (despite it being about 60% full?).

You'd only need to sell 363 STs in the Lorne Street at £330 to make the same as the RW suite, when the outlay to finish the concourse is lower than it was to finish the suite.

On 23/02/2023 at 13:32, Valiant in Brum said:
On 22/02/2023 at 21:04, Guitar Ray said:
Really?  I’d say to build a new stand would cost significantly more than to refurbish, you haven’t got to dig that massive bank out for a start.   New bogs and kiosks would cost peanuts relatively speaking.
Anyhow, folks saying that the Railway will be condemned but where has that line come from?  It’s a bit of a leap from the club saying there’s restrictions on numbers for simple reasons such as facilities and such.
You’re last sentence is a bit strange.  Yes, we are Port Vale, and quite obviously cost will be a factor, just as they would be with any other football club, or business for that matter.  We’re not unique in that regard.

It would cost more to refurbish.

Care to explain?

On 24/02/2023 at 12:03, Smallthorne clampet said:

Tell the seller to ask for more tickets , no extra cost involved . Also the new lottery has yet to be launched , its been a long time since the lucky 7 was scrapped .

Why should anyone need to tell the seller to ask for more tickets ,he can do that himself and if he turns up before 3p m with a bag of cash they should know he has run out of tickets early . 

On 21/02/2023 at 14:43, Brian Johnson said:

I have mentioned this before but Vale Park is a rope hanging around any Port Vale owners neck.

Its in need of a serious  update of stands, facilities and pitch.

It must cost an absolute fortune to run.

I would be looking to have a new purpose built stadium away from Burslem.

The council are always banging the drum on how they want to build a arena to bring bigger music concerts to the area etc 

Why not work with the council in finding area of the city for a new stadium that could integrate a arena

I agree with the idea to an extent here, but doesn't need to be too far away from Burslem. Burslem needs Vale. I'd like to develop the railway but the cost would be enormous, as would ongoing maintenance costs of existing old stands. A new stadium is probably the more sensible option long term. Not sure of feasibility but I like the idea of a new ground around Cobridge Grange. Walking distance from Burslem, coincide with the reinstatement of the Burslem Branch Canal as part of a larger regeneration project, and have a mini Salford Quays around the new ground. The new road off the a500 over to festival park improves access from that side, and would put the ground in walking distance of both Burslem and Festival Park, even Porthill / Wolstanton.

Other option is the land behind the Bycars where the training pitches are. 

13 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

I agree with the idea to an extent here, but doesn't need to be too far away from Burslem. Burslem needs Vale. I'd like to develop the railway but the cost would be enormous, as would ongoing maintenance costs of existing old stands. A new stadium is probably the more sensible option long term. Not sure of feasibility but I like the idea of a new ground around Cobridge Grange. Walking distance from Burslem, coincide with the reinstatement of the Burslem Branch Canal as part of a larger regeneration project, and have a mini Salford Quays around the new ground. The new road off the a500 over to festival park improves access from that side, and would put the ground in walking distance of both Burslem and Festival Park, even Porthill / Wolstanton.

Other option is the land behind the Bycars where the training pitches are. 

It’s ok to dream I guess.

The reality is that we could build a new stadium and I guarantee people would still find plenty of things to moan about.  Either way, the bottom line is money.  If fans want the new stand, new pitch, new stadium, and all the other things that seem to appear on their ever growing wish lists, someone has to find the hard cash…..or the magic money tree.

I’ll go on record and say I’m quite happy for the club to spend the bare minimum on the stadium, and just keep making incremental improvements as funds permit, in order to see more spent making bigger improvements to the playing squad.  I appreciate that there needs to be a balance but for me the playing side is the be all and end all.

40 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The reality is that we could build a new stadium and I guarantee people would still find plenty of things to moan about.  Either way, the bottom line is money.  If fans want the new stand, new pitch, new stadium, and all the other things that seem to appear on their ever growing wish lists, someone has to find the hard cash…..or the magic money tree.

I’ll go on record and say I’m quite happy for the club to spend the bare minimum on the stadium, and just keep making incremental improvements as funds permit, in order to see more spent making bigger improvements to the playing squad.  I appreciate that there needs to be a balance but for me the playing side is the be all and end all.

That is a very short term view. We will never sustainable move forward as a club unless we expand our infrastructure. Especially with this new football regulator, where I imagine the football budget will be based on X amount of revenue. 

49 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I get that view. I think there has to be a balance. Its easy to spend other peoples money for them, but for me I feel like if you're going to do something do it properly. I'd always lean towards spending more up front to save money longer term. But this isn't a few grand we're talking, and everything I've said has no research in terms of feasibility. 

I like new stadiums when they're done properly and not soulless out of the area identikit designs. Spurs new ground looks amazing, with the big end behind one goal.

I get that view. I think there has to be a balance. Its easy to spend other peoples money for them, but for me I feel like if you're going to do something do it properly. I'd always lean towards spending more up front to save money longer term. But this isn't a few grand we're talking, and everything I've said has no research in terms of feasibility. 
I like new stadiums when they're done properly and not soulless out of the area identikit designs. Spurs new ground looks amazing, with the big end behind one goal.
Spurs ground cost £1000M, a complicated rebuild, but with the steady income of £100M from the Prem guaranteed. Seats sold for £30k plus a few £k annual charge, a different world.

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
9 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Spurs ground cost £1000M, a complicated rebuild, but with the steady income of £100M from the Prem guaranteed. Seats sold for £30k plus a few £k annual charge, a different world.

Oh completely different world ofcourse. Just saying in terms of design it seems there's isn't like your usual new build where so many are almost identical. If ever we did have a new stadium, I'd like to think fans could feed into the process with their views. I'd like a proper end, safe standing behind the goal. 

I'm not asking for much 😉

10 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

That is a very short term view. We will never sustainable move forward as a club unless we expand our infrastructure. Especially with this new football regulator, where I imagine the football budget will be based on X amount of revenue. 

It is all a bit chicken and egg really. People won't come to sit in comfort if they don't enjoy watching the football. We are a football team not a cafe. Some money has to be spent to meet safety requirements but it might have been an idea to generate some interest in the football to create a long term fanbase.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It is all a bit chicken and egg really. People won't come to sit in comfort if they don't enjoy watching the football. We are a football team not a cafe. Some money has to be spent to meet safety requirements but it might have been an idea to generate some interest in the football to create a long term fanbase.

100% correct.  A new stadium will have initial novelty value so no doubt will attendances would increase, but in the medium term the product on the pitch will dictate.  The clowns down the road are the perfect example for anyone that dares to look.

I don’t get the clamour at all.  After all the discussions I’m still waiting  for someone to convince me that buying a great chunk of land + building a sizeable new stadium from scratch is cheaper than redeveloping what we already own.  It just doesn’t compute.

12 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

You’re right, it’s easy to spend other people’s money.  One problem is that folk have quickly forgotten that we splashed a reported £5million to buy Sexman out.  A sum of money that could’ve otherwise been invested into fixing the current deficiencies in and around the ground.

58 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

100% correct.  A new stadium will have initial novelty value so no doubt will attendances would increase, but in the medium term the product on the pitch will dictate.  The clowns down the road are the perfect example for anyone that dares to look.

I don’t get the clamour at all.  After all the discussions I’m still waiting  for someone to convince me that buying a great chunk of land + building a sizeable new stadium from scratch is cheaper than redeveloping what we already own.  It just doesn’t compute.

I imagine it depends on the land, if there are still the problems from the Lorne Street which is now getting up there with Sagrida Familia levels of construction time then the cost to rebuild Vale Park could be more.

Personally something similar to Rotherham would be spot on, its around 12k but anyone who's been will know its a smart stadium and would be a good size, its ok being rigid and saying we need 20k but want an improved atmosphere but 12k with 2k away fans which is bog standard would allow 10k home fans and if built correctly we could extend the away allocation as and when needed with netting so if we expect 8k home fans but playing Derby could give them 3500 or something.

This way it would be much more full every week and improve the atmosphere.

Archived