onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

23 hours ago, MBE said:

My point is we have other players who can provide the quality in the system.

I think the midfield relies upon Ojo to get about the pitch to cover for both Conlon and Garrity. Conlon played quite high pulling out to the left in possession to create the overloads with Garrity in the box for an extra body. This does leave us vulnerable to a quick transition.Risk reward strategy. We don’t tend to do this away from home. Garrity is a lot deeper. It’s risk reward to be offensive at home. 

Yep, tend to agree MBE.

Ojo is looking a good signing even after just 3 games, the defensive midfield player we needed. He looks athletic, strong, can get about the pitch and has already scored from outside the box albeit in a friendly, something Vale didn't really have last year especially when Conlon and Taylor weren't playing.

Advert

4 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Fleetwood made a nice little signing bringing in Carlos Mendes-Gomes on loan from Luton. He was very good for Morecambe in their promotion year. Probably wouldn't have suited our system so was a non-starter for us though.

Also picked up a Polish goalie from Leicester on loan

58 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
1 hour ago, saintvaliant said:
Based on tonight’s performance we are 3 or 4 short at L1 level. Long season ahead if we don’t bring in some quality in the next two weeks.

100%

Based on tonights performance we should of won!we are missing key players that provide the cutting edge in the final third.Ellis missed a sitter,Hussey snatched at two,created numerous chances,ala bolton,my concern is if we don't turn it round quickly,suddenly the next game is always a must win.I think we have good quality lg 1 players currently in the team but others not in the squad for varying reasons,our problem is that we are playing every game with only one fit recognised experienced striker and its proving our downfall.UTV

3 minutes ago, joker1968 said:

Based on tonights performance we should of won!we are missing key players that provide the cutting edge in the final third.Ellis missed a sitter,Hussey snatched at two,created numerous chances,ala bolton,my concern is if we don't turn it round quickly,suddenly the next game is always a must win.I think we have good quality lg 1 players currently in the team but others not in the squad for varying reasons,our problem is that we are playing every game with only one fit recognised experienced striker and its proving our downfall.UTV

Correct.  Although we were very poor, we’ve had chances to win both games.  Issues with fitness are wreaking havoc, in part due to still being short on numbers, but the players tonight were miles off it.  The biggest frustration for me being that the opposition were there for the taking, but if you can’t win, don’t lose.  We threw 3 points away tonight.

26 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Correct.  Although we were very poor, we’ve had chances to win both games.  Issues with fitness are wreaking havoc, in part due to still being short on numbers, but the players tonight were miles off it.  The biggest frustration for me being that the opposition were there for the taking, but if you can’t win, don’t lose.  We threw 3 points away tonight.

Agreed,worthy of atleast a point tonight,do we have/will we find the finances to sign that experienced goalscorer?gonna struggle with only one fit,last two games highlight the point,we're decent upto the opposition  box.Tyler Walker?

If the club has the budget perhaps we should be looking to also sign the next player that was on the matrix’s list if Ellis Harrison hadn’t signed?  By default they should not only have the ability of Ellis (which fan consensus appears to say is acceptable 🤪) but they should still fit the wage structure and not be a d€%kh£!d.  The question is who do we think that might be? 

Who’s up for second guessing an AI?

I would love us to sign a Tyler Walker or Tyrese Simpson, or even a Cole Stockton (Fleetwood offered a low 6 figure sum so surely we can offer that?)

The issue with a young Premier League loan striker is that there is an element of gamble but if we can get one more established hit man and a youngster that would set us up nicely. Its clear we just need those options to change  things up from an attacking perspective that doesn't involve a midfielder up front (Holden) or a clearly unfit striker (Procs).

We are not far away from a good League 1 team. We must convert the chances and slightly improve the quality in the final third. Although it wasn't a great game I think MK Dons are likely to be near the top by end of season. I thought they were very good at some of the off the ball things they did including making Hussey completely ineffective in open play. 

Archived