onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Watched MKDons match last night and everybody sees a lack of attractive forward play . We really miss Wozza putting pin-point crosses on centre-forward heads plus his non-stop efforts .The lack of Wilson and Procter not being 100% is a major concern . We had Harratt who we should have made more effort to keep as he had the makings of a very good striker. Now we are limping along while dropping down the league table. Next stop is Burton another MKDons in the making where we must not lose points. We need a really good striker signing not a loan so we need to spend money or admit we are not a League 1 side. We need to also pay a decent wage for a decent striker  .Cole Stockton is a proven scorer at this level so try to sign the guy . We must not wait till it is too late in terms of missed signings and missed points . 

Advert

I'm less worried about Worrall ultimately because I think Massey is a really good signing. I also think Harrison is a good striker and has shown that in his two games. But we can't afford the two other strikers to have injury issues consistently. That is the issue that needs fixing above all others. Are Proctor and Wilson inherently likely to be out alot or can they get and stay 100% fit. 

11 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I wonder if the contract offered to Jamie Proctor was as poor as the one offered to James Gibbons, seeing as the latter has played more than the former since 2017? 

You mean the same James Gibbons who is out injured again for up to 3 months 🙄

13 minutes ago, Warren said:

I'm less worried about Worrall ultimately because I think Massey is a really good signing. I also think Harrison is a good striker and has shown that in his two games. But we can't afford the two other strikers to have injury issues consistently. That is the issue that needs fixing above all others. Are Proctor and Wilson inherently likely to be out alot or can they get and stay 100% fit. 

I'd completely agree with that @Warren if we've got a lot of Saturday - midweek - Saturday games we really need enough strikers to be able to feature in them. It's not great if Proctor and Wilson can't manage that - not only in terms of the strength of the starting XI but it's going to be more difficult to form striking partnerships and understanding if we have to chop and change every week. For me, Wilson's fitness status is key. He managed to string a run together at the end of last season and look where that took us - can he do the same again or do we need to address reality and get a striker in (even if it costs a fair bit) who can play successive games? 

17 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I wonder if the contract offered to Jamie Proctor was as poor as the one offered to James Gibbons, seeing as the latter has played more than the former since 2017? 

It continues to amaze me how many people know the exact details of the confidential contract offer made to a club employee :wink:

For all we know, Vale offered a perfectly decent contract it was just that Bristol Rovers (who are bankrolled by a multi millionaire) offered him even more...

4 minutes ago, mbycars said:

You mean the same James Gibbons who is out injured again for up to 3 months 🙄

Yeah, that one. Not that what's happened in Bristol is particularly relevant to my point. Do you think Jamie Proctor (a player I like) seems particularly fit at the moment? Just wondering what makes a lengthy contract for an apparently injury prone JG such a liability yet one for Proctor who has played less games was a given.

Just now, robf said:

It continues to amaze me how many people know the exact details of the confidential contract offer made to a club employee :wink:

Seems like Gibbo was quite happy to tell people what he was offered, presumably as he was so angry about it.

After last night result, we really need another good striker to come in, sooner Worrall, Massy and Wilson are back the better, if Peterborough do offer 500k for Garrity then we should use that money to bring a good striker in that can get us up the table UTV.

Two major concerns for me, as everyone else have.

We created more than enough chances to win the game, even if they scored two. But at the moment, we couldn't score in a brothel!

And as everyone else is saying: the amount of injuries! We always, as in always, seem to have half a team either out injured or returning from injury. And it's not impact injuries which can always happen, but muscle injuries. We can't build those relations DC mentioned himself post mast, as long as we keep changing 3-4 players every game. And I'm a little baffled, that DC is resting key players 4 games into the season. I could understand it 4 months in, but 4 games? 

I think we need to add some pace and trickery up top as the priority. Someone who defenders will be wary of them running at them. When Massey came on Saturday we suddenly looked far more dynamic and I think that more than anything is what will get us through at this level. Someone of the Politic ilk (or even the man himself as it can’t be doing him any good not even making the subs bench) to give us that option.

5 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Yeah, that one. Not that what's happened in Bristol is particularly relevant to my point. Do you think Jamie Proctor (a player I like) seems particularly fit at the moment? Just wondering what makes a lengthy contract for an apparently injury prone JG such a liability yet one for Proctor who has played less games was a given.

Seems like Gibbo was quite happy to tell people what he was offered, presumably as he was so angry about it.

I disagree it is totally relevant. Although we don't know what Proctor was offered it may have been similar to Gibbo's for all we know.

Proctor has been involved in all the games so far probably not 100% but still put his body on the line for us when we had no other forwards. I don't think he would have been out so long last season if the management hadn't brought him back to soon in the home game against Walsall again due to Wilson's foot injury leaving us short again.

5 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Two major concerns for me, as everyone else have.

We created more than enough chances to win the game, even if they scored two. But at the moment, we couldn't score in a brothel!

And as everyone else is saying: the amount of injuries! We always, as in always, seem to have half a team either out injured or returning from injury. And it's not impact injuries which can always happen, but muscle injuries. We can't build those relations DC mentioned himself post mast, as long as we keep changing 3-4 players every game. And I'm a little baffled, that DC is resting key players 4 games into the season. I could understand it 4 months in, but 4 games? 

I can understand the reason for resting players, we have had a short pre-season and are straight back at it with 9 games in 4 weeks.

I still feel we haven’t got that defence unlocker ( is that even a word ! ) .

That bit of guile and craft, seeing that pass.

Not convinced even a fully fit Conlon has that in his locker, ohhhh controversial eh 😳

You could argue the toss Conlon and Holden possess that attribute but I feel personally we need someone of that ilk. Easier said than done obviously. 

Archived